Home | Help | Search | Login

Welcome, Guest. Please Login 09/07/24 at 10:23pm

KEIZER

Pages: 1
CCSDS at Timberline Speedway - 4/1 Results (Read 3448 times)
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
CCSDS at Timberline Speedway - 4/1 Results
04/02/16 at 2:04am

Comp Cams Super Dirt Series
Timberline Speedway
April 1, 2016

Austin Rettig Rallies to COMP Cams Super Dirt Series Win at Timberline

by Ben Shelton
CORLEY, Texas (April 1) – Late afternoon rain and 30 other competitors at Timberline Speedway couldn’t stop Sikeston, Missouri’s Austin Rettig from charging to the convincing $2,000 victory with the COMP Cams Super Dirt Series (CCSDS) presented by Lucas Oil.

Despite a radar that looked terminal for much of the afternoon and persistent light rain at the track, Timberline Speedway soldiered forward to host the 2016 lid lifter for the tour.

Thirty-one entries filled the pit area at the northeast Texas oval, and via preliminary action Austin Theiss locked into the Pole Position for the feature with Allen Tippen joining him on the front row for the 30-lap affair.

Tippen took the lead at the drop of the green flag with Hunter Rasdon, Theiss, Kyle Cummings, and Kyle Beard in pursuit.

Rasdon slowly began to catch Tippen for the lead and jumped to the top spot exiting turn 2 on lap 7. However, the pass would quickly be relegated as Hunter made contact with the lap car of David Payne. Payne spun to draw the caution, which reinstated Tippen at the point via the last completed lap.

On the ensuing restart Rasdon again jumped to the lead with a slider in turn 2 as Tippen fell to the runner-up position with Cummings, Beard, and Theiss in tow.

Cautions flew on lap 14 and lap 18 to erase the advantage held by Rasdon. The lap 18 restart saw a new player enter the game with 10th-starting, Austin Rettig moving from 4th to 2nd with a daring move in turn 2. He immediately began pressuring Rasdon for the lead before ultimately taking over the top spot on lap 21 to become the third and final leader of the race.

Once out front Austin Rettig drove away from the field over the final nine laps to win by more than a full straightaway. The victory was the second of his career with the tour, and his first since April 2011.

“I don’t know if I’ve ever drove as hard as I drove tonight,” said an exhausted Rettig in victory lane. “My car kept getting better and better throughout the feature. This has been a long time coming, and I just want to thank all of my sponsors and crew for their support.”

Rasdon, Cummings, Tippen, and Theiss completed the top five finishers.

COMP Cams Super Dirt Series – April 1, 2016
Timberline Speedway (Corley, Texas)

Feature Results
1) Austin Rettig (Sikeston, MO)
2) Hunter Rasdon (Jonesboro, AR)
3) Kyle Cummings (Sibley, LA)
4) Allen Tippen (Minden, LA)
5) Austin Theiss (Hockley, TX)
6) Ross Camponovo (Clarksdale, MS)
7) Brandon Hightower (Natchitoches, LA)
8) Jon Mitchell (Texarkana, TX)
9) Kyle Beard (Trumann, AR)
10) Shannon Scott (Henryetta, OK)
11) Jonathan Rowan (Jackson, TN)
12) Tanner Kellick (Merouge, LA)
13) David Payne (Beebe, AR)
14) Jack Sullivan (Greenbrier, AR)
15) Zach McMillan (Kilgore, TX)
16) Patrik Daniel (Wills Point, TX)
17) Chandler Petty (Cabot, AR)
18) Danny Zimmerman (Wiley, TX)
19) Eddie Martin (Stillwell, OK)
20) Tommy Surrett (North Little Rock, AR)

For the latest information on the COMP Cams Super Dirt Series presented by Lucas Oil, please visit www.COMPDirt.com .

WWW   IP Logged
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
Re: CCSDS at Timberline Speedway - 4/1 Results
Reply #1 - 04/02/16 at 12:11pm

Comp Cams Super Dirt Series
Timberline Speedway
April 1, 2016

Event Photos courtesy of Woody Hampton

-

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1

Latemodelracer.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.