Home | Help | Search | Login

Welcome, Guest. Please Login 10/18/24 at 2:32am

KEIZER

Pages: 1
COMP Cams MSRA At USA Speedway & I-30 Speedway (Read 1147 times)
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
COMP Cams MSRA At USA Speedway & I-30 Speedway
08/03/10 at 1:27pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 3rd, 2010

COMP Cams MSRA At USA Speedway & I-30 Speedway This Weekend

Beebe, Arkansas (08/03/10) – With the sweltering summertime temperatures continuing to soar, the COMP Cams MSRA Super Late Model tour point’s battle continues to get hotter as well, and this weekend the tour will take the battle to USA Speedway (Sterlington, Louisiana) and I-30 Speedway (Little Rock, Arkansas).

Just twenty-three markers separate the current COMP Cams MSRA point’s leader, Kyle Beard, and second place Bill Frye. Jon Mitchell remains within striking distance in third place, just 73 points removed from the top spot.

These three drivers will lead a talent-laden field of competitors into battle this weekend in a pair of key events, whose outcomes will likely go a long way toward determining the outcome of the 2010 COMP Cams MSRA Championship battle.

Joining the top three in points this weekend will be a talented cast of competitors including Jeff Floyd, Brandon Smith, Joey Mack, Dewaine Hottinger, Eddie Provence, Jon Kirby, Terry Henson, Wesley Crutchfield, Jeff Sloan, Stormy Derryberry, Shane Harris, and more.

Brandon Smith continues to pace the way in the Kuntz & Co. Rookie of the Year chase.

Several invaders are expected to try and wreak havoc during the course of the weekend including drivers such as Kyle Cummings, Ray Moore, Kenny Merchant, Allen Tippen, Rob Litton, and more.

The events will serve as Round #3 and Round #4 of the RiceTec Summer Showdown. The driver, who accumulates the most points during the course of the four race series will receive a $1,000 cash bonus. In addition, GRT Race Cars has posted a $500 cash bonus to the highest finishing driver in a GRT in the four race challenge. Other prizes that have been posted include a Fast Shafts drive shaft and labor cost on the rebuild of a set of four Integra shocks.

The weekend will get underway on Friday, August 6th as the tour makes its second visit of 2010 to the brand new USA Speedway in Sterlington, Louisiana. When the series made its debut at the facility back in early May, a capacity crowd witnessed Bill Frye claim the top prize. This Friday, the ¼ mile oval will host a $2,000 to win/$300 to start, 30 lap event. Gates open at 4pm with racing action at 8pm. For more information on USA Speedway, please visit www.USASpeedwayLLC.com .

On Saturday, August 7th the tour will travel north to I-30 Speedway in Little Rock, Arkansas for a $2,000 to win/$400 to start, 40 lap event around the ¼ mile, red clay oval. Mother Nature has been the sole winner in COMP Cams MSRA action at the facility thus far into 2010, so drivers are eager to be the first to ink their names into the record books for this season. For more information on I-30 Speedway, please visit www.I-30Speedway.com .

For the latest information on the COMP Cams MSRA Super Late Model Series, please visit www.MSRADirt.com .

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1

Latemodelracer.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.