Saturday Night RacerTracksBAKERSFIELD SPEEDWAY › mini stock rules

Pages: 1
mini stock rules (Read 3197 times)
Wrenchead84
LMR Rookie

Bakersfield
mini stock rules
06/10/13 at 10:24pm

i was wondering when the speedway was gonna catch up to the rest of the country and update their rule book?

i personally would like to see a c.c per pound rule. this would be the same rules as santa maria, hanford, tulare, porterville, etc.

based on last weekend we need to be able to bring our car count up. 8 cars aint gonna cut it. if our rules were comparitive to the above mentioned tracks we could pack the house.

IP Logged
Bledsaw Motorsports88
LMR Member

One more lap and I
woulda had em......

Springville, CA
Re: mini stock rules
Reply #1 - 06/11/13 at 2:00am

Wrenchead84 wrote on 06/10/13 at 10:24pm:
i was wondering when the speedway was gonna catch up to the rest of the country and update their rule book?

i personally would like to see a c.c per pound rule. this would be the same rules as santa maria, hanford, tulare, porterville, etc.

based on last weekend we need to be able to bring our car count up. 8 cars aint gonna cut it. if our rules were comparitive to the above mentioned tracks we could pack the house.

RHS is 2450 just like Bako. SMS and Hanford rules are geared around RWD cars and usually let FWD RHS/Bako cars run if they are legal at their track.... Tulare doesn't run minis. I think their low count Saturday was a fluke deal.

IP Logged
Wrenchead84
LMR Rookie

Bakersfield
Reply #2 - 06/11/13 at 8:42am

Saturday was the second race with less than 10 cars in the main event. Most mini stock classes around the country do a cc per pound rule. make good sense to me. If you want to run the larger 4 cylinder engines then you should have to weight more.

IP Logged
Ricky Lloyd Racing
LMR Rookie

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Oroville, Ca.
Reply #3 - 06/11/13 at 11:05am

I totally agree with wrenchead84 bakersfield and porterville need to change their rules  the cars are very limited and have to add so much weight on a stock drivetrain which is all bad. The races at rocky hill show this point. It is entry level and the least expensive and should be fair to those that cant afford the mitsubishi eclipse or (the cheated up motors with expensive parts). The car counts would skyrocket and most all the cars should be competitive. IT IS THE BEST WAY TO SCALE MINIS, PERIOD.

IP Logged
childressJr.16
LMR God

IS WHAT IT IS

Bakersfield Ca
Reply #4 - 06/11/13 at 4:04pm

should just open the mini rules up allow any mini car NO SUPER 4s though!!

"OUTLAW"RICKY CHILDRESS!!!
  IP Logged
Wrenchead84
LMR Rookie

Bakersfield
Reply #5 - 06/11/13 at 4:24pm

childressJr.16 wrote on 06/11/13 at 4:04pm:
should just open the mini rules up allow any mini car NO SUPER 4s though!!

what would that even look like???

I'm trying to find a legitimate way to increase car count and decrease cost to be competitive. Isn't that the point of an entry level class??

IP Logged
Wrenchead84
LMR Rookie

Bakersfield
Reply #6 - 06/13/13 at 5:55am

Scott, do you have any thoughts regarding an update to the mini stock class?

IP Logged
AStewart37
LMR Mod

CA
Reply #7 - 06/13/13 at 4:31pm

I'm all for coming up with ideas to save mini stocks. A lot of drivers got their start there, myself included. But it's hard to find any rule that won't favor one car over another. Even the lbs for cc rule. Example-- a Honda CRX is about 1500cc and a Nissan 240sx is 2400 and even with an even weight limit the Nissan struggled to run with the CRX.

I'm pretty sure they tried a weight for HP rule back in the end of 07 and 08 and, in 08 especially, the attrition rate was huge because the suspension couldn't last on some of the big HP Hondas and Acuras.

WWW   IP Logged
Wrenchead84
LMR Rookie

Bakersfield
Reply #8 - 06/13/13 at 6:01pm

that's comparing apples to oranges.  RWD VS FWD. maybe the rwd doesn't have the setup yet and the fwd does.

Let's compare the crx with 1600cc running against an eclipse with 2400 cc or  a suby with 2500cc all weighing 2500 lbs... I think its quite obvious the larger engine cars dominate the class

IP Logged
Pages: 1

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.