LMR God

Well crap stuck with
the dickweed for
four more

Re: SMS NATS INFO
Reply #22 - 05/01/13 at 6:51pm

JStewart4 wrote on 04/25/13 at 10:51am:
Duane,
At what point does the DLM owner's have the right to question the cost/purse ratio before " supporting the DLM's"? It cost the car owner the same amount to race doesn't matter if there is 13 cars are 30 cars so it seems the problem isn't the car owners. The cost to run a DLM goes up every year yet the purse goes down.. Example: tires are 150 dollars each and the backs are hurt after a night, thats $300. in tires + $180. fuel + $140. to enter = $620. You have to finish 3rd in the main to make $120. Not counting wear and tear. Remember If you got 20 fast cars you have a fast car finishing 20th. ....  I know your not going to make money racing but we can atleast try to limit the loss. With all that said, I'm planning on running both SS and LM both nights.. Smiley

I feel you pain brother....  the economy priced Chet and I right out of the ball park.  We got out wrong, but that was our error. That hindsight crap is always 2020, isn't it..  And I told you before, you driving style is perfect for the 525, straight and smooth. It might not win ya a bunch of races, but it'll put you in the hunt for a heck of a lot less money and a heck of a lot more fun...

I HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, I JUST DON'T HAVE THE ABILITY!!
  IP Logged
Chad Reichenbach
LMR Rookie

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

bakersfield
Reply #23 - 05/02/13 at 6:56am

Mark
What's the average car count at those tracks? What's the average payout? (Including start money not just the winners share)  how much are pit passes and entry fees and again whats the radius distance of all those tracks?
I understand L/M don't coincide with the word affordable. but...maybe a better statement is "we can make it more feasible to race".  Take a map of just California (not Az. Or. Nv.) and lay it over a map of those tracks you listed and try to calculate tow rig fuel alone. I assume the tracks south go slick real quick? Well, They should with all the cars that show up. But out here it we get a lot of hammer down tracks and with small car counts it is even more likely to stay hooked. Comparing RJ to the average racer in the SLICK isn't a good comparison for the west coast.
The point I was making previously is in the mud the 525 is not competitive and spoiler won't fix it in the mud. Or you would see more cars running the 525.
I love L/M's and would like to see bigger fields and b mains but to travel as far as we have to race for the purses we run for and with the expenses occurred weekly we need to all work together for the benefit of our area and car growth.
I didn't want to come across complaining. Just wanting to improve our shows out here.

Chad Reichenbach

IP Logged
ObertelloRacing
LMR Senior

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Hollister,CA
Reply #24 - 05/02/13 at 11:39am

Chad, I agree.

Sponsored by: ConFab Corp. , BSB Manufacturing, Hawk Brakes, Steitz Service, Carcerano Cylinder Heads, Jennstar Motorsports, Carly's Performance, WestCoastDirt Racing Promotions by Eric Oldes, Chris's Precision Machine
WWW   IP Logged
Ruben M
LMR Senior

Lompoc
Reply #25 - 05/02/13 at 5:35pm

Need an RV for Nationals? There is no hotels in Santa Maria available for the weekend of the Nationals.  We got a solution!  Sky River RV have RV’s available, all you have to do it arrive and it will be ready for you.

***They prefer a 3 night mininum.  But other options maybe available***
RACER’S SPECIAL!!!!
#2,4 & 13 Jaycos http://skyriverrv.com/2005-jayco-jay-flight-travel-trailer/
     $375/ 3 nights (4 days Fri-Mon)$150 Delivery$42/ Tax $542 Total

#3 Montana FW http://skyriverrv.com/3-montana-5th-wheel/
     $500/ 3 Nights$150/ Delivery$52/ Tax$702 Total

#7 Dutchmen http://skyriverrv.com/2008-dutchmen-travel-trailer/
     $425/ 3 nights$150/ Delivery$46/ Tax$621 Total

8 Cougar http://skyriverrv.com/2009-cougar-travel-trailer/
     $500/ 3 nights$150/Delivery$52/ Tax$702 Total

#10 Surveyor http://skyriverrv.com/2007-surveyor-travel-trailer/
     $425/ 3 nights$150/ Delivery$46/ Tax$621 Total

***Keep in mind, if you are able to pick any of these up, that will alleviate the $150 delivery fee. Also, if you need generators, I can throw them in for a flat fee of $30 per generator and the cost of fuel that is used. If you have some of your own, remember you need at least a 3,000 watt generator to run everything.***

(HURRY THEY WON’T LAST LONG SO RESERVE TODAY!!)

CONTACT TODAY HEIDI MEADOR AT SKY RIVER RV 805-226-9292 x2

Ruben Munoz
(805)315-2023
ruben@racesantamariaspeedway.com
YIM   IP Logged
Evolution West
LMR Rookie

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

California
Reply #26 - 05/03/13 at 11:06am

Your also comparing to an area of the country where racers are RACERS they have no hobbies, therefore they have no boats no Harley's no snowboards, the most activity they see in the winter, or at least from what I've seen out of many racers in the Midwest and south is, they race when there's no snow, when there's snow they work on the race cars... Which is fine, it's fantastic actually, but there's a lot more to do in california than there is in Alabama or Iowa or Missouri or Tennessee... Some people have another aluminum LM motor wrapped up in a boat, some have it wrapped up in a motor home for the family, some have it wrapped up in Harley's or dirt bikes or fishing... Also the price of a gallon of milk here is more than anywhere, so California's expenses also hurt racing as compared to many other states as well

IP Logged
OLD SCHOOL#6
LMR God

CHEVY RUMBLE !! 

Reply #27 - 05/03/13 at 12:17pm

Evolution West wrote on 05/03/13 at 11:06am:
Your also comparing to an area of the country where racers are RACERS they have no hobbies, therefore they have no boats no Harley's no snowboards, the most activity they see in the winter, or at least from what I've seen out of many racers in the Midwest and south is, they race when there's no snow, when there's snow they work on the race cars... Which is fine, it's fantastic actually, but there's a lot more to do in california than there is in Alabama or Iowa or Missouri or Tennessee... Some people have another aluminum LM motor wrapped up in a boat, some have it wrapped up in a motor home for the family, some have it wrapped up in Harley's or dirt bikes or fishing... Also the price of a gallon of milk here is more than anywhere, so California's expenses also hurt racing as compared to many other states as well

"YEP"^^^^^ what he said.  Also don't foget the cost of fuel here in Cali...............

"SMOKE ' UM" -- the unlawfull act of depositing large amounts of rubber on a hard surface such as asphalt or concrete.
AIM   IP Logged
Dodgerdog
LMR God

Race to win.

Douglasville Georgia
Reply #28 - 05/03/13 at 7:25pm

Evolution West wrote on 05/03/13 at 11:06am:

I dunno...they hunt alot out here. Hunters tend to take thier hunting very seriously....its another life really. Hell, we almost lost the IntimiGator cause he wanted to spend more time hunting. We never get to see him at the National 100 cause thats usually the last weekend of bow season or the 1st weekend of gun season.

But more accurately, yes indeed the economy is waaay different. Milk, gas, electricity. ( Beer is cheaper in cali though) And the geography is less challenging.

I also think theres alot more "old money" out in the south. More weekend racers are working out of shops that have been around for generations. The sponsorship money is alot better for those that go big time travel racing. Plus, we have more rednecks too. That should count for something.  Wink

IP Logged
Dodgerdog
LMR God

Race to win.

Douglasville Georgia
Reply #29 - 05/03/13 at 7:34pm

Disregard the hunting excuse....hunting season is actually perfectly  timed for the off season. But I'm sure theres other stuff to do, it aint like we dont have lakes!

I'll give you this though....Racing in California is MUCH more difficult to do than out here in the south, for many obvious verifiable reasons.

now quit yer whinin and support the show. Grin

IP Logged
Late_Model_Mark
LMR God

Red Clay Report

Reply #30 - 05/04/13 at 8:34am

Very well said Chad  and I get what your pointing out. I know, as I've stated, it is a very different animal out here. (down yonder as they say Wink) It sure is much easier to find a track without blowin' five twenties in petrol just gettin' there.

It just kinda bums me out when a joint like the new deal at Stockton puts up a $2-grander and a dozen cars or so shows up.

A question was asked about average car counts in the Late Model class was, the tracks listed in the previous post for Supers, between 18 to 30.

Whenever Magnolia has a show, usually near 30 sign in for a regular $1200 winners deal.

Most track pay between $1200 to $1500-to-win for a regular show. However there are dozens upon dozens of $3, $4, $5000-to-win shows all over the place.

At least a 150lb break should be given to the 25s' out there.

Late Model Mark
Green Valley Speedway Announcer Cool
Moulton Speedway Announcer Cool

IP Logged
mudslinger47
LMR God

Well crap stuck with
the dickweed for
four more

Reply #31 - 05/05/13 at 9:32am

I'm going to issue a partial apology to those I ragged on for not supporting the sport.  I too was dismayed at the turn out at Stockton.  I sometimes forget I'm the guy in the right hand seat in the hauler and this travel stuff costs me nothing. (I think Devon was about ready to tie my neck in a knot) The Stockton trip for Pete was probably close to three bills.  I do understand the cost of travel, Chet and I fought it for years.  All I can ask I guess is plan a head if you can, Stockton race track was worth the tow.

I HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, I JUST DON'T HAVE THE ABILITY!!
  IP Logged
OLD SCHOOL#6
LMR God

CHEVY RUMBLE !! 

Reply #32 - 05/05/13 at 9:36am

mudslinger47 wrote on 05/05/13 at 9:32am:
I'm going to issue a partial apology to those I ragged on for not supporting the sport.  I too was dismayed at the turn out at Stockton.  I sometimes forget I'm the guy in the right hand seat in the hauler and this travel stuff costs me nothing. (I think Devon was about ready to tie my neck in a knot) The Stockton trip for Pete was probably close to three bills.  I do understand the cost of travel, Chet and I fought it for years.  All I can ask I guess is plan a head if you can, Stockton race track was worth the tow.

Just felt the need to quote this so it can never be removed ............  LOL  Wink

"SMOKE ' UM" -- the unlawfull act of depositing large amounts of rubber on a hard surface such as asphalt or concrete.
AIM   IP Logged
Ruben M
LMR Senior

Lompoc
Reply #33 - 05/13/13 at 6:15pm

There will be Practice on Friday the 24th before the Nationals from 4pm-8pm. Pit Passes will $35 per person. Grand Stands are FREE.

Ruben Munoz
(805)315-2023
ruben@racesantamariaspeedway.com
YIM   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.