Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register 09/19/24 at 4:53pm

SATURDAY NIGHT RACER
Saturday Night RacerTracksBAKERSFIELD SPEEDWAY › So How Was The Bud Nats People????????

Pages: 1
So How Was The Bud Nats People???????? (Read 4118 times)
Late_Model_Mark
LMR God

Red Clay Report

So How Was The Bud Nats People????????
10/16/12 at 5:13pm

So how was it folks?????????????

Friday, how was the track? How good was the racing?
Was the crowd good? Geez, how bout some thoughts!

Saturday, how was the crowd? Was the track good? Did it get that nice black shine to it? Was the crowd good? Was the beer cold? Cheesy Smiley Wink Roll Eyes

Are you guys punch drunk from $5.00 gas and high liberal democrat moonbeam taxes, where is the "wow" factor? Roll Eyes Just playin', how bout some responses from you people. Kiss I was sittin' in the tower working with World Of Outlaw Series announcer Rick Eshelman at Green Valley Sat night and talking about good ole Bako, kinda wishin' I was there, can y'all ( Smiley) give me some love and give some thoughts, please. Cool

Late Model Mark

Late Model Mark

IP Logged
IMCA90
LMR Member

Chasing the dream.

Bakersfield
Re: So How Was The Bud Nats People????????
Reply #1 - 10/16/12 at 6:07pm

Ok well Friday the track was hooked up early and it was awesome watching qualifying. The record kept getting lower and lower and once Ricky Thorton Jr dropped it, I thought it would hold but then Stovall came out and smashed his time. The track stayed smooth all night with racing from the top to the bottom. It had been along time since I had seen the cushion get pushed up all the way to the wall. It was fun seeing Stovall, Thorton, and Ryan Ruter (in a modified) tackle the third mile clay oval. They were fast and seemed to run it a little different than the regular guys.

Saturday the track dried out as expected, but the groves were still there and as the track got blacker the racing got better. It stayed smooth and I hope to see it back in that form next year.

IP Logged
mudslinger47
LMR God

Well crap stuck with
the dickweed for
four more

Reply #2 - 10/16/12 at 9:13pm

A lot a cars, great racing in all divisions and the show put on second to none.  I havn't heard one major complaint yet. And by now the Monday Morning Q-backs are usually at it already.  Great job by Bakoboss and staff!!!

Duane

I HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, I JUST DON'T HAVE THE ABILITY!!
  IP Logged
Late_Model_Mark
LMR God

Red Clay Report

Reply #3 - 10/17/12 at 3:53pm

Thanks guys, that race was easily my favorite race on dirt all year. Before I push up daisys and take a dirt nap, I want to come back to Cal for this race and if the starts line up, announce the SLM portion of the show, that would be a big check on the bucket list.

Late Model Mark

IP Logged
mudslinger47
LMR God

Well crap stuck with
the dickweed for
four more

Reply #4 - 10/17/12 at 7:17pm

Ya know Mark, how to tell hw good the Nats were?  Count the number of negative posts about them.  The count is ZERO best I can tell. Thats how good they were!!!

Duane

I HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, I JUST DON'T HAVE THE ABILITY!!
  IP Logged
IMCA90
LMR Member

Chasing the dream.

Bakersfield
Reply #5 - 10/17/12 at 7:48pm

Only way to make it better would be if we could get more out of state guys to come.  It would be so awesome to see how names like bloomer, moyer, lannigan and so on do aginst our guys on pur turf.

IP Logged
IMCA90
LMR Member

Chasing the dream.

Bakersfield
Reply #6 - 10/17/12 at 7:49pm

On our turf*

IP Logged
sj_valley_dave
LMR God

Love the smell of
nitro in the air

Reply #7 - 10/17/12 at 11:22pm

Unfortunately not going to happen with the $$ that the Bud Nats pay. Instead of 2,000 and 3,000 to win, if you paid 10,000 and 15,000, you (might) see a few of the "big" names...

IP Logged
spye
LMR Rookie

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 10/18/12 at 9:29am

I can tell you the track was smooth all weekend and yes it was about a full second slower on night two but thats to be expected. What was more impressive was we had a drivers meeting at 5:00 P.M. and there were 170 cars there... I was on my way to my room by 10:30.

They run an exteremely well organized ship around there. ALL the staff there were knowledgable and very helpful not just a select person or two. There is a certain track in the northwest that could learn alot from bako and how its ran. Excellent job to all the Bako staff!!!!

IP Logged
fan_of_4p
LMR God

Where's the next
race?

Reply #9 - 10/18/12 at 12:43pm

Mark if you have not seen it yet here is the video of the race on Sat night. You tell me what you think after watching it. Notice how the track is "black" top to bottom.
http://www.golivestream.tv/channels/realfast.tv/shows/2012_bud_nationals_super_l...

IP Logged
Pages: 1

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.