Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register 10/22/24 at 8:47am

SATURDAY NIGHT RACER
Saturday Night RacerTracksSANTA MARIA RACEWAY › Stepping away from Santa Maria Speedway

Pages: 1
Stepping away from Santa Maria Speedway (Read 4252 times)
Chris Kearns
LMR God

Stepping away from Santa Maria Speedway
08/24/12 at 6:16pm

As everyone knows by now, I will not be returning to Santa Maria Speedway for the 2013 racing season.  The 2012 season will conclude on the big track Oct 6th and on the little track Oct 7th.  I know in the past promoters at Santa Maria have left racers high & dry! I have no intentions of doing that. We will still be having a banquet for the 2012 racing season. I am working on that date right now.  Although it is not my responsibility, and may not be my place, I am going to try to find a suitable replacement. It is ultimately Nettie Fort & her Attorneys decision. My hope is that we find someone that comes in and runs a great show and keeps Santa Maria alive for many years to come!

Running a race track is a very difficult position. I have owned 4 businesses in my life, and this has been without the toughest. It’s hard for some to comprehend or even believe the amount of man hours and effort it takes. I have been very fortunate to have the support that I do. Without some great people, there is NO WAY,  I could have operated the Speedway for 1 year, let alone 4 years. I certainly can’t name all of the people and employees that have helped, but I truly the feel the following people have gone above and beyond for myself and the Speedway to be successful. I could not have done this without Jason Papich, Tony Toste, Steve & Susie Drake, Debbie Jeffers, Doug Jeffers, Craig Janes, John Morrison. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I absolutely could not have made it!

As far as my future plans: Blade & I will still be living in Santa Maria. I have taken a larger role on the West Coast with USAC. I will also be putting more time and effort into the growth of the West Coast Late Model Shootout, and the West Coast Sprint Cars.
So I may not be running Santa Maria Speedway, but you aren’t getting rid of me! Lol

Thank you for every racer, fan, employee, and sponsors support over the last 4 racing seasons,
Chris Kearns

WWW   IP Logged
steph
LMR God

www.ByStephanieOdom.
com

Denver,  CO
Re: Stepping away from Santa Maria Speedway
Reply #1 - 08/24/12 at 7:06pm

Thanks for everything CK! Have enjoyed working with you at the track and can't wait to see what you can do with USAC and the WCS!

WWW   IP Logged
sj_valley_dave
LMR God

Love the smell of
nitro in the air

Reply #2 - 08/24/12 at 8:13pm

And the WCDLM's!!

IP Logged
steph
LMR God

www.ByStephanieOdom.
com

Denver,  CO
Reply #3 - 08/24/12 at 8:40pm

sj_valley_dave wrote on 08/24/12 at 8:13pm:
And the WCDLM's!!

also known as WCS (West Coast Shootout)

haha, hope to see you guys down here next weekend!!

WWW   IP Logged
17t_racer
LMR God

Addicted to dirt!

Reply #4 - 08/24/12 at 8:50pm

CK, you are a hell of a promoter and have done a great job with SMS. It has been a privilege to race at a track you have promoted. Thanks for the wonderful memories at SMS.
Bryan Terry # 17t Hobby Stock!!!

Kern Body Works, Terry Bedford Concrete Construction, St. Clair Realty and Bonas Pest Control. VIsit our site @ www.vfgracing.webs.com
  IP Logged
fast forward
LMR Rookie

Reply #5 - 08/24/12 at 10:13pm

a true promoter is a man who believes in what he is doing and sticks to his guns, even if "some people" Roll Eyes dont agree! you did a great job! and im sure there is more where that came from!
good luck!
Danny Quinn

IP Logged
Trinity Motorsports
LMR God

To God Be The Glory!

Reply #6 - 08/24/12 at 11:45pm

Good luck in your new venture.  The place won't be the same without you and your team.

WWW   IP Logged
pushin_the_cushin
LMR God

Dirt, Dirt, Dirt,
and more Dirt!

Arizona
Reply #7 - 08/25/12 at 11:22pm

Hope you are able to make a buck or two, before the curtain drops on the 2012 season. Best of luck to you.
Hope to see you more in Az.  Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.