Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register 10/22/24 at 12:33pm

SATURDAY NIGHT RACER
Saturday Night RacerSaturday Night RacerSATURDAY NIGHT RACER › Knaus reinstated?

Pages: 1
Knaus reinstated? (Read 5586 times)
hogracer3d
LMR God

We bust our a$$ to
kick yours-!!!

Knaus reinstated?
03/20/12 at 3:02pm

Wow,
they overturned the suspensions, and gave the points back...

DSClaimer: I have no DNA evidence that my post is absolutely 100% true and accurate, and frankly don't care !
  IP Logged
over4t
LMR God

Leaf lifer

Re: Knaus reinstated?
Reply #1 - 03/20/12 at 3:17pm

And the $100K fine stands.  Huh?? Huh

IP Logged
sj_valley_dave
LMR God

Love the smell of
nitro in the air

Reply #2 - 03/20/12 at 3:36pm

Correct...Interesting to say the least...LOL

IP Logged
hogracer3d
LMR God

We bust our a$$ to
kick yours-!!!

Reply #3 - 03/20/12 at 3:47pm

I think it's reasonable, because the car never made it on the track, had it raced, that would be different

The 100 large, let's them know they weren't happy about it

DSClaimer: I have no DNA evidence that my post is absolutely 100% true and accurate, and frankly don't care !
  IP Logged
mudslinger47
LMR God

Well crap stuck with
the dickweed for
four more

Reply #4 - 03/20/12 at 5:45pm

The money is substantial, but not a big deal either, just another write off.  Jimmy didn't do anything wrong so I see the Points part of it but Chad probably shold have gotten at least three week suspention and fine.  Oh well, it is, after all is said and done, who ya know.  Real losers in this deal is NASCAR.  More customers leaving the sport and that parts kinda sad.

Duane

I HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, I JUST DON'T HAVE THE ABILITY!!
  IP Logged
dirtmopar44
LMR Member

Reply #5 - 03/20/12 at 7:49pm

The car never went to the template, I think thats why it was overturned. It would have been a differant story if they put the claw on the car but to just look and say on go NASCAR WAS IN THE WRONG.

IP Logged
sc_lm_race_fan
LMR Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 03/21/12 at 12:19am

Knaus and Hendrick Motorsports owner Rick Hendrick have maintained the No. 48 Chevrolet was not illegal when it was presented for inspection Feb. 17 at Daytona. NASCAR used a visual inspection to determine the sheet metal between the roof and the side windows had been illegally modified to give Johnson an aerodynamic advantage.

The car was never sent through NASCAR's templates, and the team maintained it had not been altered since it was approved in January at NASCAR's R&D Center. Hendrick also said he had paperwork showing the car was exactly the same as it was following Johnson's win last April at Talladega.''My argument was simply that the car is out in plain view. The car went to the tech center. It was inspected at the race track. It was inspected at the tech center on multiple occasions, and it was at the tech center as late as January. And the car had not been altered,'' Hendrick said. ''We even had one of the NASCAR officials make comments about the car being correct. We had all that documented.

IP Logged
dirtmopar44
LMR Member

Reply #7 - 03/21/12 at 7:10am

What I dont understand is there is still a fine of 100k. So the fine is fo nothing?

IP Logged
mudslinger47
LMR God

Well crap stuck with
the dickweed for
four more

Reply #8 - 03/21/12 at 8:07am

In my view, just because you got away with it before (and it won't happen again) the fine still stuck.  You can bet the 48 will be under tremendous scrutiny for some time to come.  NASCAR didn't like this overturn deal and I trust somewhere along the line, Hendrick and Chad will pay the price.  I don't blame Chad for pushing the envelope, thats his job, but be ready for the downsides too.

Duane

IP Logged
OvalM
LMR Member

Reply #9 - 03/21/12 at 9:31am

mudslinger47 wrote on 03/20/12 at 5:45pm:
 Real losers in this deal is NASCAR.  More customers leaving the sport and that parts kinda sad.

Duane

Duane; I agree that the real loser is NASCAR but I think that sometimes NASCAR is its own worst enemy.

I remember several years ago NASCAR busted Knaus for messaging the body and if memory serves me they suspended him for a while. In the midst of it all a NASCAR official stated that technically speaking Knaus didn't do anything wrong because the car did fit the "claw" but that what he did was outside the spirit of the rules.

A couple of points: 1) He didn't do anything wrong but was suspended anyways?  2) Trying to make the car faster is outside the spirit of the rules?

If the claw is the standard that NASCAR uses then either it fits or it doesn't

If they've created a series where trying to make your car faster than the competition is outside the "spirit of the rules" then something might not be right.

Mike

IP Logged
mudslinger47
LMR God

Well crap stuck with
the dickweed for
four more

Reply #10 - 03/22/12 at 11:36pm

Another take:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/03/nascars_cut_em_down_judge_owes.html

Duane

By the way, Spencer the fat guy on Race hub disagreed big time with Middlebrook.  First time I've heard anyone cry cronyism publicly

IP Logged
jimbob37
LMR Senior

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Reply #11 - 03/23/12 at 12:11am

Counter point:

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/7720258/nascar-rick-hendrick-vic...

Nascar screwed up by not putting the template on the car or actually measuring the c panels when they deemed them illegal.

If your local short track has a rule saying that you can only race with 8" wheels and tells you that they are illegal without measuring them, that would be total bs. That's what nascar did and they finally got put in their place for it.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something in your life."-Winston Churchill
  IP Logged
mudslinger47
LMR God

Well crap stuck with
the dickweed for
four more

Reply #12 - 03/23/12 at 8:10am

I agree with you, but sometimes perception "IS" the reality. People perceive that the good ole boy network got Hendrick off the hook, and it may have.  Its inconsequential whether or not the infraction should have been brought forth or not in some folks minds.

Duane

IP Logged
jimbob37
LMR Senior

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Reply #13 - 03/23/12 at 9:59am

Maybe nascar should hire Chad Knaus and make him their top inspector, like they did with Gary Nelson during the early-mid 90's.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something in your life."-Winston Churchill
  IP Logged
OvalM
LMR Member

Reply #14 - 03/23/12 at 12:15pm

jimbob37 wrote on 03/23/12 at 12:11am:
Counter point:

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/7720258/nascar-rick-hendrick-vic...

Nascar screwed up by not putting the template on the car or actually measuring the c panels when they deemed them illegal.

That article sums it up. NASCAR itself has created this dilemma. You're outside the "spirit of the rules" because I don't like the way that looks? Are you kidding me?

If someone has never built a car and raced it they have no idea what is involved. If they were watching the cars go through inspection they see one competitor being told we don't like the way that looks, go fix it and come get back in line. The next in line is told we don't like the way that looks, you're fined $100,000 and suspended for six weeks.

That kind of leadership is going to create confusion amongst not only the fans but the competitors as well.  

IP Logged
hogracer3d
LMR God

We bust our a$$ to
kick yours-!!!

Reply #15 - 03/23/12 at 3:10pm

jimbob37 wrote on 03/23/12 at 9:59am:
Maybe nascar should hire Chad Knaus and make him their top inspector, like they did with Gary Nelson during the early-mid 90's.

Pemberton too..

IP Logged
Pages: 1

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.