Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register 10/22/24 at 1:42pm

SATURDAY NIGHT RACER
Saturday Night RacerTracksSANTA MARIA RACEWAY › Bakersfield/Santa Maria Speedway install Electronic scoring systems

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Bakersfield/Santa Maria Speedway install Electronic scoring systems (Read 40167 times)
lwiseracing
LMR God

what else would i do
on sat. night

Re: Bakersfield/Santa Maria Speedway install Electronic scoring systems
Reply #44 - 01/08/12 at 5:34pm

i dont have the money to buy one but if i cant shell out $20.00 more a race i need to sell my race stuff and take up polishing rocks lol $20.00 more  a race wont stop me from racing plus my lap times .com is pretty cool... good move scott and chris o the only thing that sucks for me is i forget every time to take it off my car and the guy at hanford is probable sick of chasing me out the pits to get it back lol

thanks: k&b pump supply.. h&s body.. golden empire tranny..puma soft.. dain pluming..
  IP Logged
mudslinger47
LMR God

Well crap stuck with
the dickweed for
four more

Reply #45 - 01/08/12 at 6:17pm

I wonder how many of the folks b!tching about the cost of the transponder have a mega phone with net service and all the whistles and bells. Just courious. Roll Eyes Wink

Duaner

I HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, I JUST DON'T HAVE THE ABILITY!!
  IP Logged
OLD SCHOOL#6
LMR God

CHEVY RUMBLE !! 

Reply #46 - 01/08/12 at 6:46pm

I'm not all that sure that these things were necessary but progress is progress and it sounds like they may have some value to the racers.  Nobody likes to see the cost of racing go up, but that's just the nature of things.  Bottom line -- if you can't afford the extra $20 bucks a night or the $400 cost, you might be in over your head, and maybe you need to consider a new hobby.

"SMOKE ' UM" -- the unlawfull act of depositing large amounts of rubber on a hard surface such as asphalt or concrete.
AIM   IP Logged
PetalumaPits
LMR God

WINNING somewhere
Reply #47 - 01/08/12 at 8:05pm

Three things:

1) Congrats on getting into the modern age Chris and Scott.  The transponders (in the right hands with people who know how to use the software) absolutely speeds up the show (lineups are given to you pretty much realtime after a yellow comes out, you can personalize it to race to the yellow/go back a lap, etc.), helps fans (by the immediate scoring changes on the scoreboard/laps are always correct)...It's just invaluable behind the scenes.  There isn't a "what did you have here.  I have something different, but missed this one for some reason."...it's just better.  I score and announce at the same time, and I use it as a crutch sometimes, but I wouldn't work without it.

2) For the racers, you can see as soon as it's uploaded your laptimes, opponents best laptimes and how the scoring progressed either behind or in front of you as the laps wore on.

3) For the fans, if you spend $5 and buy the Race Monitor app for your smartphone, if the track is wireless, you can get the IP address of the scoring computer (we will be giving ours out weekly) and follow along with the scoring in the stands.

Word to the wise:  Make sure those renting transponders get them to you before they leave the track that night.  It happens routinely where someone crashes out and goes home early, and a transponder goes out the gate, taking a phone call and a meeting that week to get back to the track before the next week's racing.

Also have the scorers pay attention to who is your routine transponder renters and make sure they get the same one week after week.  It takes a whole other step out of the weekly data entry out of the equation and makes it easier.

If either of you need help with procedures/setup, feel free to get hold of me on another site or here.

Ron

WWW   IP Logged
hughes SS#5
LMR Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #48 - 01/08/12 at 8:05pm

Yes I have all the bells and whistles on my phone and I can afford to buy anything I need for my racing.The racers already spend a lot of money so that they can have fun and put on a show for the fans and the promoters.Its not right to pass this expense soley to the racers.If it makes it better for everybody,then everybody should share the cost.Racecievers,they're the best thing since highbutton shoes.Tim,s statement is right.All of us help pay for their headsets,everytime we pay to get in to the races whether it be the stands or the pits.From what I,ve seen,this is not a fix for the scoring problems.As for needing to know how fast I was going during the race,I can usually tell you how fast I was going when the race is over.If you finished 1st,you were fast,any other position,you were going too slow.

Darrell

IP Logged
Chris Kearns
LMR God

Reply #49 - 01/09/12 at 7:37am

TIM_BEWLEY wrote on 01/08/12 at 4:34pm:
i wonder how many officials would work at a race track if they had to pay for their headsets?

My officials have to pay for their own headsets. Just like a carpenter pays for his own hammer!

Alright, I made that up. lol

To those that thanked us for this large investment to improve our race tracks. Your Welcome.

WWW   IP Logged
hogracer3d
LMR God

We bust our a$$ to
kick yours-!!!

Reply #50 - 01/09/12 at 8:11am

mudslinger47 wrote on 01/08/12 at 6:17pm:
I wonder how many of the folks b!tching about the cost of the transponder have a mega phone with net service and all the whistles and bells. Just courious. Roll Eyes Wink

Duaner

Lol, but you can't pay a bill, or bid a job with a transponder....

DSClaimer: I have no DNA evidence that my post is absolutely 100% true and accurate, and frankly don't care !
  IP Logged
Chris Kearns
LMR God

Reply #51 - 01/09/12 at 8:27am

hogracer3d wrote on 01/09/12 at 8:11am:
mudslinger47 wrote on 01/08/12 at 6:17pm:

Duaner

Lol, but you can't pay a bill, or bid a job with a transponder....

And you cant check your another site on a Transponder either! Oh wait, who's side am I on!

WWW   IP Logged
KidCrockett21
LMR Member

Reply #52 - 01/09/12 at 10:46am

The Positive Thing Is They Will Not Have To Pay Scores to Keep Track Any More, I am Sure they Will put it back in our Purse!!!

21j
  IP Logged
hogracer3d
LMR God

We bust our a$$ to
kick yours-!!!

Reply #53 - 01/09/12 at 11:32am

problem is, I think they have to keep the scorers too, just to double check the electronic scoring...

DSClaimer: I have no DNA evidence that my post is absolutely 100% true and accurate, and frankly don't care !
  IP Logged
dannyracer6
LMR Member

dr6 Motorsports

Tulare,CA.
Reply #54 - 01/09/12 at 11:41am

Good move you guys. I, too was bummed a bit when the track I raced at required both transponders and raceivers. Just one week of racing and I was hooked on the efficiency of them. Many times saved my car from getting involved in an accidient, and helped me dial my car in to better laptimes. My raceiver cost me 100 bucks at Radio shack + a decent set of ear buds, I rented the transponder each week until I could budget the full cost of the thing, Now I have it and I am glad. Welcome into the 21st century. If you really want to race, you will and can find a way to do it. Every  track should have the systems in place. Complaining will not change anything accept make you unhappy. This is the way of the future. Nothing stays as it was even though we liked it like it was. Even Nascar changes, what will the new FI systems do. But the guys dont get on the internet and pregnant dog about it. they just adjust and move on. Sure they have sponsors, but it is still expensive at the PRO level too. The past is past, this is today, we have to move with it, or do something else. It is what it is...Lets Go Racing in 2012! Smiley

dr6motorsports
YIM   IP Logged
imracin68j
LMR God

Do the impossible

Reply #55 - 01/09/12 at 1:23pm

KidCrockett21 wrote on 01/09/12 at 10:46am:
The Positive Thing Is They Will Not Have To Pay Scores to Keep Track Any More, I am Sure they Will put it back in our Purse!!!

Into the championship fund more than likely.

Play the all new "DANNY SIMKINS - 11 STRAIGHT - trivia game." Only at teamsimkins.com.
WWW | AIM   IP Logged
TIM_BEWLEY
LMR God

road zombie

Reply #56 - 01/09/12 at 4:58pm

i will just rent one every time i race. that way i'm not stuck with a $400 transponder seeing how it does not seem like buying a used one is a good thing. the rent to own thing has not been confirmed on here, but a SS racer is kinda screwed because it would take 2 years before it would be paid off as there is only 8 races at each track and i'm sure that is one of the things scott and chris are not working together on.

PAN OFF GETTING A 1" INSPECTION PLUG!
  IP Logged
TIM_BEWLEY
LMR God

road zombie

Reply #57 - 01/09/12 at 5:01pm

hughes SS#5 wrote on 01/08/12 at 8:05pm:
As for needing to know how fast I was going during the race,I can usually tell you how fast I was going when the race is over.If you finished 1st,you were fast,any other position,you were going too slow.

Darrell

LOL! perfect

IP Logged
Chris Kearns
LMR God

Reply #58 - 01/09/12 at 6:05pm

KidCrockett21 wrote on 01/09/12 at 10:46am:

Ya. the system runs itself. It comes with a robot.

WWW   IP Logged
Chris Kearns
LMR God

Reply #59 - 01/09/12 at 6:10pm

I spoke with MyLaps. The $40 is to re-register your info into MyLaps. You dont have to do it. Basically the info of whoever you buy the used unit from will still show up on the MyLaps website if you dont.

WWW   IP Logged
1 Fast hobby
LMR Rookie

Doing it in the
dirt!!!!

Reply #60 - 01/09/12 at 6:51pm

Here is one for ya: take the money that each track makes from the mini dwarfs, since they don't get paid, and pay for the transponders.  Mini dwarfs bring in over $2000 a night and pay nothing out.

IP Logged
Chris Kearns
LMR God

Reply #61 - 01/09/12 at 7:55pm

You dont have a clue!

WWW   IP Logged
Cal SS All-Star Shootout
Ex Member

Reply #62 - 01/09/12 at 8:16pm

Grin

IP Logged
TIM_BEWLEY
LMR God

road zombie

Reply #63 - 01/09/12 at 9:19pm

Chris Kearns wrote on 01/09/12 at 6:10pm:
I spoke with MyLaps. The $40 is to re-register your info into MyLaps. You dont have to do it. Basically the info of whoever you buy the used unit from will still show up on the MyLaps website if you dont.

so if i buy it from john holmes then that would be the name it would show up as or is it by car #?

oh and thanks chris, lol

IP Logged
imracin68j
LMR God

Do the impossible

Reply #64 - 01/09/12 at 10:47pm

Can we get the official mounting location for the device?

Play the all new "DANNY SIMKINS - 11 STRAIGHT - trivia game." Only at teamsimkins.com.
WWW | AIM   IP Logged
jrtracing
LMR God

CA
Reply #65 - 01/09/12 at 11:56pm

imracin68j wrote on 01/09/12 at 10:47pm:
Can we get the official mounting location for the device?

I have a feeling you might not like where Chris tells you to put yours!! LOL!!

YIM | AIM   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.