Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register 10/22/24 at 12:33pm

SATURDAY NIGHT RACER
Saturday Night RacerTracksSANTA MARIA RACEWAY › Bakersfield/Santa Maria Speedway install Electronic scoring systems

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Bakersfield/Santa Maria Speedway install Electronic scoring systems (Read 40163 times)
Mighty Quinn Racing
LMR God

MightyQuinnRacing.co
m

Ridgecrest CA
Re: Bakersfield/Santa Maria Speedway install Electronic scoring systems
Reply #22 - 01/07/12 at 9:21pm

made up my mind for me! just cant afford to race this year. i really hope it doesnt hurt the tracks turnout. im looking forward to running my sport mod in 2013.

CAUSE ITS FUN!!!
MightyQuinnRacing.com
  IP Logged
Pearson_79
LMR Senior

Bako Hobby Stocks
Rule!

Bakersfield,Ca
Reply #23 - 01/07/12 at 9:30pm

I'm not happy about this but, Bitching about it wont fix it so I guess it will cost me a 1/3rd more to get in the back gate! I just dont understand why thier so proud to anouce that its going to cost us an aditional $400 bucks to come put on a show for them this year!

[img]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/fireracer26/P1020052.jpg[/mg]
  IP Logged
hughes SS#5
LMR Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #24 - 01/07/12 at 9:38pm

This is not good.Transponders rental was part of the reason we quit running Chow.Did Amb/My laps somehow force Chris and Scott to buy transponder scoring systems?I cant see how this is going to help anything or anybody except Scott and Chris.In this economy,they shouldnt be adding any more expense to the racers.I really hope this is a bad joke.

Darrell

IP Logged
Pearson_79
LMR Senior

Bako Hobby Stocks
Rule!

Bakersfield,Ca
Reply #25 - 01/07/12 at 9:51pm

Well its not April 1st!!!

[img]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/fireracer26/P1020052.jpg[/mg]
  IP Logged
evilracer
LMR Senior

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #26 - 01/07/12 at 10:48pm

well i guess i have to find another  sponsor to pay for this . might not be able to throw s many shirts and stuff. i think if i can find 3 more sponsors i can afford to buy it and throw shirts ever race.

IP Logged
WESTCOASTDIRT
LMR God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #27 - 01/07/12 at 10:58pm

I honestly think if this speeds up the scoring and line up during the race,it will save the racers money in fuel and lap maintenance on their cars and engines. I don't know how many times during a race yellow I have seen the racer make 15 laps under yellow to get the line up straighten out. Not hammering the scorers, but if this helps them move their scoring faster, then that would help everyone.

IP Logged
imracin68j
LMR God

Do the impossible

Reply #28 - 01/07/12 at 11:28pm

I've really never noticed a lap count difference between hanford and bak.  It may be more accurate though.

Play the all new "DANNY SIMKINS - 11 STRAIGHT - trivia game." Only at teamsimkins.com.
WWW | AIM   IP Logged
WESTCOASTDIRT
LMR God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #29 - 01/08/12 at 7:53am

imracin68j wrote on 01/07/12 at 11:28pm:
I've really never noticed a lap count difference between hanford and bak.  It may be more accurate though.  

Being we sit in the stands and watch lap after lap as the car go around under yellow and then they have to stop the cars to get them to line up correctly! Never have we sat in Hanford and watch that happen and they never have had to stop the cars on the track under a yellow that I remember.

Again, its my opinion that this will be good progress to better racing for all!

IP Logged
jselvidge
LMR Member

Reply #30 - 01/08/12 at 8:37am

The dummy one goes on the engine plate, the real one under the nose! Seriously, welcome to the 21st century. No more full restarts after the first lap was complete because it's impossible to score. No more getting put back out of positions you gained fairly because the scorers missed it. Not knocking hand scorers that's a tough job, I wouldn't want to try it. Now if they would put a pylon in the infield the drivers could see we can sort it out in a hurry and quit screwing around under yellow.

IP Logged
chassisguy7
LMR Member

May all your days be
race days!!!

Lemoore,Ca
Reply #31 - 01/08/12 at 8:44am

I like it do to the fact you can go to my laps and look at your results and lap times see how consistant you were in the race.  See what laps you were faster than each competitor.  I can tell you this Ive seen many times the most consistant driver win over a faster car that has up to a second of a difference between some laps.  I bought mine out right the first year Frank Diaz got them at kings and mine has paid for its self many times over due to the fact I dont have to mess with renting them.  If you buy one get the hard wired one that you can wire to your on off switch thats way better than the one you have to charge.  It can be used as a tool for the racer if he chooses to.

IP Logged
Craig Cassell
LMR God

Reply #32 - 01/08/12 at 9:08am

Electronic timing and scoring has been arond for a LONG time now, and it is the way things will be in the future, so to be upset because your track went to it shows a poor attitude about the sport in my opinion.

Yes, it is an added expense. I've been a crew chief for a long time, but now I've started my own program, so I can definitely relate to the added expense and how hard that is, but there are always added expenses. This sport is not cheap. Everytime you turn around you've got $100 here, or $100 there to spend. That sucks, but that's the reality of the situation.

To get on here and pregnant dog about what you can or can't afford, or the fact you're going to not race at a track because they require this... well, that track probably isn't going to miss you anyway. Track's need the little guy's in the sport to survive, but most don't want to deal with the headaches of the people who constantly pregnant dog about how they can't afford this or that. If you can't afford it, stay home til you can. No one is forcing you to race.

With either my crew chief hat, or my driver's helmet on, I applaud tracks for going to BOTH transponders and raceivers. When Willamette went to transponders a couple years ago, I was stoked. More accuracy on lap times and qualifying, and we can go back and analyze the results later. A definite plus. I have also been a big advocate for them to go to Raceivers, and they are finally requiring them for 2012. Yes, that hurts my pocket book, BUT, if it allows me to avoid a wreck and damage, it will have SAVED me money the first time out. $100 to be safer in my car? Absolutely... that's a no brainer and an easy purchase in my opinion.

Now, I don't know if tracks up here do the "rent to own" deal, but they definitely should, at least for the transponders. That aids the tracks more, and if they're going to require it, it shouldn't be at a profit. That is MY OPINION, not a bash, just an observation. I think all tracks should run the transponder deal that way.

As for the raceivers... I would put this challenge up to any and all tracks... If you want to go to this system, both for ease for your personel, and to help with driver safety, I would challenge you to search out a sponsor, or save some of that beer money, and purchase this system and the units and PROVIDE them each race night to the drivers FOR FREE. Before I get bashed on that... it is happening at tracks. I got that idea from seeing it happen at Knoxville. You give the track your licsense, get a transponder for the night, and turn it in at the end of the night and get your DL back.

I see providing something for safety like that as a true sign to the drivers supporting your track that you are looking out for them and want to keep them coming back week after week. It is the little things like that that go a long way with teams.

That is my opinion on the subject. No bashing of tracks or anyone intended, so if you disagree, no worries, and if you're offended, sorry.

Craig Cassell

Big Thanks to all of my sponsors: Ester Lee Motel Lincoln City, OR, Esterlee.com, Arco AM/PM of Stayton, Dr. Harada, Mid Valley Farms, Trevor Glaser Motorsports, CRD Race Bodies and Fabrication, Phantom Racing Engines, Rocket Chassis, and MY FAMILY
  IP Logged
Chris Kearns
LMR God

Reply #33 - 01/08/12 at 10:06am

I can only speak for myself, not Scott. I truly thought that this was an improvement (an expensive one) to the Speedway that would benefit the racers and fans. No MyLaps didnt force me to buy the System. Not sure how that would be possible. Actually the racers forced me. Apparently, some racers can score a race better from their cockpit, than 3 girls in a scoring booth. What I am saying is that I was tired of the B****ing. Do you think I am happy about putting out THOUSANDS of dollars for this? No. But I am not complaining about it. Its part of business. Just like, for the racer, its part of racing. If it puts you over budget for the year, I am sorry. I was hoping announcing this early would help. Bakersfield and Santa Maria were 2 of the last tracks I know of to adapt this system. Not sure why the few people on here complaining are so shocked.

It is not a source of income. lol

Craig, I dont get beer sales! lol

Quinn, do you ever have anything posotive to say on here? EVER.

Will any of you ever learn, that all the negativity on here only hurts the sport you supposedly love?

At Santa Maria, they will not be required on American Stocks, Mini Dwarfs or Okiebowls

WWW   IP Logged
evilracer
LMR Senior

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #34 - 01/08/12 at 10:33am

where can i order 1 ? i would like to order it tomorrow (monday) i just can not find it in the speedway magazine need some help sap. please

IP Logged
Joe_Odom11
LMR Member

santa maria, ca.
Reply #35 - 01/08/12 at 10:45am

For transponder purchase contact:
Chris Kearns @ 805-714-8538 or chrisk.usa@gmail.com
Scott Schweitzer @ 661-393-3373 or speedway@wildblue.net

IP Logged
sj_valley_dave
LMR God

Love the smell of
nitro in the air

Reply #36 - 01/08/12 at 10:46am

Just Google transponders...There are a lot of places you can buy them...You can get them used also...

IP Logged
hogracer3d
LMR God

We bust our a$$ to
kick yours-!!!

Reply #37 - 01/08/12 at 11:06am

Apparently if you buy used, you have to pay AMB a $40 fee to re register it into your name.

And the used ones I've seen, sell for about $300 plus the $40 fee, for $60 more, you can have new one

DSClaimer: I have no DNA evidence that my post is absolutely 100% true and accurate, and frankly don't care !
  IP Logged
AJ55
LMR God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #38 - 01/08/12 at 1:05pm

Only certain ones work with certain systems, usualy MyLaps systems use the red ones for race cars on there web site not the gocart yellow ones. I would think they would come up with a part no. but to buy one from Mylaps will be the same price as your promoter is selling them for. But buy 10-25 for $400 there is a different price. If used properly Transponders are a great tool, Raceceivers if the track uses them properly can save you the cost of the transponder, if you can miss just one wreck you have most of that money back by calling yellow yellow turn 3 or red red turn 1, think about it.

" we will see you at the races "
  IP Logged
sj_valley_dave
LMR God

Love the smell of
nitro in the air

Reply #39 - 01/08/12 at 1:06pm

Interesting Dave. Just did some digging and I see what you mean re: re-registering unit. Strange. I guess it help keeps their new products more viable for sales! LOL

IP Logged
Perry25
LMR God

I am never coming
back! See you next
week!

Reply #40 - 01/08/12 at 4:20pm

Same thing happens if you buy a used scoring system. It cost about the same to re-register it as a completly new system.

IP Logged
TIM_BEWLEY
LMR God

road zombie

Reply #41 - 01/08/12 at 4:34pm

i wonder how many officials would work at a race track if they had to pay for their headsets?

PAN OFF GETTING A 1" INSPECTION PLUG!
  IP Logged
Bodacious22
LMR Senior

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Reply #42 - 01/08/12 at 4:37pm

Don"t bye a used won..Just hope all the loops are done right.

IP Logged
over4t
LMR God

Leaf lifer

Reply #43 - 01/08/12 at 5:30pm

If you must buy used check with tracks that have a lot of them and rent them out.. Several midwest tracks sell off their 2 or 3 year old ones., about half price.  Don't know if the re-registration would apply in that case.Like anything used it's buyer beware and seldom is the cheap way  in the long run.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.