Saturday Night RacerSaturday Night RacerRACE TECH › cordless impacts

Pages: 1 2 
cordless impacts (Read 14735 times)
over4t
LMR God

Leaf lifer

Re: cordless impacts
Reply #22 - 12/13/11 at 8:34am

Has anyone tried the new Rockwell?  Seen some recent ads on the tube and it sounds good. Lithium 3/8" with 800 lbs. of torque and a full lifetime warranty on the battery.  Don't know the price but Rockwell stuff has usually been heavy duty.

IP Logged
ka_jd7and1
LMR God

Bakersfield, CA
Reply #23 - 12/13/11 at 9:00am

over4t wrote on 12/13/11 at 8:34am:
 Has anyone tried the new Rockwell?  Seen some recent ads on the tube and it sounds good. Lithium 3/8" with 800 lbs. of torque and a full lifetime warranty on the battery.  Don't know the price but Rockwell stuff has usually been heavy duty.

Umm..... they don't have an impact, they have an impact driver (for tightening bolts, screws and things) with 800 IN/lbs of torque?

IP Logged
Dietzsch_Racing25
LMR God

Reply #24 - 12/13/11 at 1:49pm

I bought a dewalt after going through a harbor freight special.  Even new the batteries on the HF gun were only good for one or two tires.

I have had the dewalt for 3 years.  Both batteries still going strong.  It was just under $300 though (kinda pricy).

IP Logged
Frazier15
LMR God

I wanna go fast

CA
Reply #25 - 12/16/11 at 8:40am

4th season on a craftsman impact- we use it in the shop too....

Have a snap on- but it keeps killing the charger (blowing the fusible link)

Mazak..Carquest...Sully And Son hydraulics...AMC Machine...Gils transmission...Industrial Automotive Machine...Cal Coast Recovery...Industrial Radiator...OEC Inc... [img]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i207/FRZR15/Specialty20
  IP Logged
KHocking97
LMR Rookie

southern california
Reply #26 - 12/16/11 at 10:13am

I have a milwaukee impact going on 4th year. Works great, but it is HEAVY!! Bought on Amazon w/2 batteries, charger, and case for $289.00

IP Logged
WOOD Racing #13
LMR God

"GIT R
DONE"

Bakersfield, Ca
Reply #27 - 12/16/11 at 3:38pm

I have a snap on that I have had for several years I know at 5 or 6.
I have killed two batteries and I have one left.  I haven't used it in about a year hope it still works..

They are expensive but it has been a good impact.

Jacky "Go to the Front" Wood
2013 Hobby Stock Champion

Got a good ring to it anyway.. LMAO
  IP Logged
Craig Cassell
LMR God

Reply #28 - 12/22/11 at 5:17pm

The teams I've worked with have had snap on impacts for years. As the "gun guy" on race time tire changes, I've yet to come across an impact in all my years as a crew chief that can match the power, durability, and torque (in real world applications) of the snap on piece. Down side is they are very spendy.

BUT...

Now that I'm starting my own program, I needed to find something and for the price of the new Craftsman C3 impact I got ($99), I was extremely impressed with the speed it spun the lugs and the torque it had. It is the only one I've come across that gets close to the snap on in those dept's. I think it might even be good for race time tire changing. I've tried Longacre, Dewalt, and a number of others I can't remember. Snapon was the best by far. I think this new craftsman piece is by far the 2nd best.

Big Thanks to all of my sponsors: Ester Lee Motel Lincoln City, OR, Esterlee.com, Arco AM/PM of Stayton, Dr. Harada, Mid Valley Farms, Trevor Glaser Motorsports, CRD Race Bodies and Fabrication, Phantom Racing Engines, Rocket Chassis, and MY FAMILY
  IP Logged
14pGRT
LMR Rookie

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #29 - 12/23/11 at 6:00am

We had a snap-on one for years and I'm sure it still works for the thief who stole it from our pit cart in bakersfield too. lol We are now using the longacre.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.