Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register 10/22/24 at 6:29am

SATURDAY NIGHT RACER
Saturday Night RacerTracksSANTA MARIA RACEWAY › SMS front straight away

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
SMS front straight away (Read 48087 times)
gl_rayburn98
LMR Senior

2005 Driver Champion

Grover Beach
Re: SMS front straight away
Reply #66 - 09/07/11 at 10:14am

imracin68j wrote on 09/06/11 at 7:55pm:
Not to get back to the actual racing but was the sixth spot the last transfer?  If so, Gary I think you would have held on to 6th if you would have stayed high and kept your momentum.  It looks like you guys are trying to close the door on each other?  I can't see the front wheels though. Did his car knock u sideways?

Billy, thats why I was so pissed. After Irwin went all for it through my drivers door in turn 1 Robert got a run under me in turn 3. He took me all the way up into turn 4. If you look close you can see it knocked my rear out on me and I was trying to turn away from him coming to the checkered. We actually seperated for a split second. At that point he just turned right and mashed the gas. I was on the brakes for the last 100 feet. Robert would have had the transfer if he just turned off me . Checkered flag fever. Thats all it was.

IP Logged
racermick
LMR Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #67 - 09/07/11 at 12:39pm

You still did a bs move in the heat... coming back on the track chugging along laying in wait for whoever it was you were not happy with at that time.

IP Logged
kk03heritage
LMR Member

Reply #68 - 09/07/11 at 7:45pm

As I sit here and read the posts on this thread it seems the focus is on what the other person did and not what role did each party play in the madness.  I am specifically referring to the incidents between Gary and Robert.  Gary, you mentioned that you drove clean in the B-main and went from last to the last transfer spot.  I wasn’t watching you so I’ll take your word for it.  I was watching Robert, and I saw him get on the binders more than once to keep his nose clean even when it meant giving up a position.

Then comes the last lap.  I watched Robert come out of turn 2 underneath Gary and some clean, door-to-door, hard fought racing down the back stretch.  I watched both cars enter turn three low and all of a sudden all hell breaks loose!  It appeared Robert was holding his line when the contact began.  I didn’t have the best vantage point so I may be incorrect.  Then the video shows both cars high between 3 and 4, followed by both cars headed to the infield coming out of 4, and finally both cars headed to the wall on the front stretch.  Hummm.  What were the driver inputs during each of these stages?  Both drivers could choose to step up and own their actions regardless of what the other driver did.  In other words, take responsibility, apologize, and get back to good, clean racing.

As for Gary coming after Robert while Robert was in his own pit area – unacceptable.  Unfortunately it appears fighting is promoted these days.  And had Robert went out of his pit area to engage in the fight that would be a different story.  Robert stayed in his pit area with his mouth closed which use to be the protocol so that calmer heads could prevail.  Gary came running into the pit area and popped Robert in the shoulders and then cocked his arm to throw a punch.  That is when I stepped in and pushed Gary away.  Gary persisted so I wrapped him up and started pulling him away.  Meanwhile Sr. decides to play dog pile on the rabbit!  Really!?!  Robert use to crew for you guys didn’t he?  Unfortunately Gary wouldn’t calm down until he had a couple hundred pounds laying on him.  Good thing I lost weight!

Gary, I am sorry on many levels that things ended up the way they did Sunday night.  I support racing because I enjoy the racing and the people.  I don’t know you that well and can only hope something else was brewing in the background for you that night.  I encourage both you and Robert to work this out.  Oh, and please don’t tell anyone about the intimate moment we shared in the dirt! Shocked  PM me your number if you want to talk about any of this.

My apologies,
Ken Kehs
Crew Chief, Hobby 29R

PS  In the video it looks like Robert crossed the line before Matt for the last transfer spot?  If so were both Gary and Robert DQ’d for rough driving?

Ken Kehs
Former Mod 00
  IP Logged
benstrans
LMR God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #69 - 09/07/11 at 8:10pm

gl_rayburn98 wrote on 09/07/11 at 10:14am:
imracin68j wrote on 09/06/11 at 7:55pm:
Not to get back to the actual racing but was the sixth spot the last transfer?  If so, Gary I think you would have held on to 6th if you would have stayed high and kept your momentum.  It looks like you guys are trying to close the door on each other?  I can't see the front wheels though. Did his car knock u sideways?

Billy, thats why I was so pissed. After Irwin went all for it through my drivers door in turn 1 Robert got a run under me in turn 3. He took me all the way up into turn 4. If you look close you can see it knocked my rear out on me and I was trying to turn away from him coming to the checkered. We actually seperated for a split second. At that point he just turned right and mashed the gas. I was on the brakes for the last 100 feet. Robert would have had the transfer if he just turned off me . Checkered flag fever. Thats all it was.

Gary,

You've always been an agressive driver.  That's fine, it's part of the game, BUT, once you to tangled up in the heat race, you let your emotions take over.

You pitted, for what appeared to be a tire change, then came back out, but instead of going to the back of the pack, puiled up next to the driver that YOU deemed responsible' for the altercation.

Once the flag went Green, YOU continued to do your best to take out your frustrations on that one car.

Racing was NO LONGER on your mind!

JUST REVENGE!

Your actions in the "B" main were NO different!

The RAYBURN name has been synonymous with SMS since time began.  Your FAMILY has competed AND contributed at nearly every level.

I would NOT doubt that this MAY have caused to your NOT being punished for your actions more severely.

What you did, in front of the BIGGEST crowd that SMS has had in years. really hurt your reputation as a clean driver.

Crying all you want on THIS website won't change that!

IP Logged
Pearson_79
LMR Senior

Bako Hobby Stocks
Rule!

Bakersfield,Ca
Reply #70 - 09/08/11 at 9:30am

Hopefuly noboby shoots thier eye out! I dont understand why it takes entire pit crews for 2 guys to come to terms, however that may be. The only problem I see with 2 drivers meeting on the front stretch is that it does change the attitude of the crowd and I have witnessed some fighting in the stands as a result of what is happening on the track! That is where our wife and kids are at enjoying the festivities but unfortunately it puts them in danger because of our actions out on the track!

[img]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/fireracer26/P1020052.jpg[/mg]
  IP Logged
formercrewguy
LMR God

The shrub brothers
are punks

Arizona
Reply #71 - 09/08/11 at 9:44am

I remember one time at SMS........after 2 drivers had an altercation on the track during the main, the wives got into it in the stands. One had their nose broken. Hahahahahaha.....not gonna mention names......old timers will remember.

"99% of Muslims aren't terrorists, but 99% of terrorists are Muslim"
  IP Logged
goldstar
LMR Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #72 - 09/08/11 at 10:16am

Rayburn, if you work for the state, can you say "OIA"?  Ouch!!

IP Logged
formercrewguy
LMR God

The shrub brothers
are punks

Arizona
Reply #73 - 09/08/11 at 11:33am

Bumper blackflags the flagman.......LMFAOOOOOOOO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9boK8RpDGc&feature=related

"99% of Muslims aren't terrorists, but 99% of terrorists are Muslim"
  IP Logged
18racr
LMR God

We have a Fraud in
the White House.

Reply #74 - 09/08/11 at 11:39am

goldstar wrote on 09/08/11 at 10:16am:

really?  i would hope ALL would keep this at the track,,,only kids run and tell,,,and this is a persons job/money for his house,,if anybody lets it go past the track they are chicken shiat in my opinion...

IP Logged
WOOD Racing #13
LMR God

"GIT R
DONE"

Bakersfield, Ca
Reply #75 - 09/08/11 at 11:55am

18racr wrote on 09/08/11 at 11:39am:
goldstar wrote on 09/08/11 at 10:16am:

really?  i would hope ALL would keep this at the track,,,only kids run and tell,,,and this is a persons job/money for his house,,if anybody lets it go past the track they are chicken shiat in my opinion...

Very well said Ricky.  I was thinking the samething.

Jacky "Go to the Front" Wood
2013 Hobby Stock Champion

Got a good ring to it anyway.. LMAO
  IP Logged
fan_of_4p
LMR God

Where's the next
race?

Reply #76 - 09/08/11 at 1:38pm

Wow we just passed the 6,000.  Veiw forr this thread

CK gets what he asks for a good crowd, a good car count, lots of good racing, long lines in the food booth and a good fight in front of the fans.

IP Logged
1 Fast hobby
LMR Rookie

Doing it in the
dirt!!!!

Reply #77 - 09/08/11 at 1:40pm

I am a little slow, what is OIA?

IP Logged
gl_rayburn98
LMR Senior

2005 Driver Champion

Grover Beach
Reply #78 - 09/08/11 at 4:08pm

Ken, your a good guy and I told robert that he was better having you in his pit to help him with his driving issues. My family has been helping for years and I have stuck up for him for YEARS. I am definately not the only one that has been mad at him. I never ever was going to punch him. I said that before i shoved him. I just couldnt believe he drove me into the wall like that. He never lifted even for a second. Look at the video. So yeah, I was frusterated. It didnt help earlier this year when he came and talked crap about me and then realized after watching the video that another car was the culperated for him getting wrecked. No apologies from him. Then that night when I needed to borrow a weight he made a comment I didnt appreciate when he didnt think ears were near him. So yes, again, there was a whole lot going on in mind that night.
Benstran, I see what your saying but I didnt get out to fight originally. Irwin did and started jawing at me. I didnt know it was him till 10 minutes later. As far as the heat race, I was in a transfer spot after 23 (bako) and 2 (bako) tried kill eachother. 23 took off my decklid and I went out and shoved him. I didnt wreck him. And at least he came and shook my hand afterwords. I wont be pushed around on the track. I dont do it others like that. That was taught to me by guys like Snuffy Whitford and Dan Simkins and the Clayborns. You didnt mess with those guys.
My purpose is to race. But if you want to ruin my night by crap driving thats not by accident then Im going to ruin your night. Easy as that.
Ask any guy down there. If a kids car is having problems, Ill go give them a setup, a tire, whatever I can to help out. But thats not the Bako guys problem. There equipment is twice what we have and they still push through people. Not all of them , but a chosen few. And as far as Robert, hes a great guy but simply doesnt use his head when he is behind the wheel and I paid the price that night. If he pulled off me he wouldve been in that A main.

IP Logged
gl_rayburn98
LMR Senior

2005 Driver Champion

Grover Beach
Reply #79 - 09/08/11 at 4:15pm

P.S. OIA is Office for Internal Affairs. That was as funny as Cecil and his woman throwing beer cans at my pregnant girlfriend and telling her to suck his....*^&&*. Always some classy people out there.

IP Logged
Jason_V
LMR God

Reply #80 - 09/08/11 at 4:26pm

Gary did you lift? lol

IP Logged
hogracer3d
LMR God

We bust our a$$ to
kick yours-!!!

Reply #81 - 09/08/11 at 5:32pm

imracin68j wrote on 09/07/11 at 9:08am:
This is the first I've heard of it on b.com.   Looks like it's made a Bakersfield resident upset that it's tarnished the perception of Bakersfield.

The best part is that the first commentor sounds offended by "STUID Rednecks " I almost choked

DSClaimer: I have no DNA evidence that my post is absolutely 100% true and accurate, and frankly don't care !
  IP Logged
imracin68j
LMR God

Do the impossible

Reply #82 - 09/08/11 at 5:37pm

When he posted that it makes the residents look like stupid rednecks to everyone, I wanted to post:

"We are."

Play the all new "DANNY SIMKINS - 11 STRAIGHT - trivia game." Only at teamsimkins.com.
WWW | AIM   IP Logged
Gasit
LMR Senior

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Reply #83 - 09/08/11 at 7:30pm

After reading all of this stuff, I think I will have to go to the next Santa Maria Hobby Stock race.

IP Logged
John Hanson Racing #44
LMR Member

JHR #44

arroyo grande
Reply #84 - 09/08/11 at 7:46pm

I will definetly have my motor ready for next race!! Can't wait! Gasit wrote on 09/08/11 at 7:30pm:
After reading all of this stuff, I think I will have to go to the next Santa Maria Hobby Stock race.

Http://www.hansonsflooring.com Domino's Pizza,Old Village Grill,Great American Melodrama,Paul's Cleaners,Hanson Floor Covering,San Luis Kitchen,Pat's Floorcoverings,Wet Pets,Wilkins Flooring, Vlassis Family,Eduardo Castellon Flooring,Xtreme Fuel Treatment
  IP Logged
sundown
LMR Rookie

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #85 - 09/09/11 at 2:26am

I am a redneck.  I do not believe that I am stupid.  I can even spell the word without using spell check.

sundown
  IP Logged
Kdawg
Ex Member

Reply #86 - 09/09/11 at 9:10am

John Hanson Racing #44 wrote on 09/08/11 at 7:46pm:
I will definetly have my motor ready for next race!! Can't wait! Gasit wrote on 09/08/11 at 7:30pm:

And there you go!!!!!

I applaud both drivers. They stopped on the front stretch and went to settling it like the good ol days.
I'm all for the jumping in of crew members, as long as it remains one on one between crews and drivers. weapons are for girl thingies at all times.
 And ones who are offended at the fight alone need to suck it up. Listen to the crowd. It'snot like this broke out at a tea party. Having said that, I would be against the parents of any age to teach their childings to solve issues through fighting, but "sometimes you have to fight when your a man."

And you wouldn't have racing if it weren't for Rednecks!!!!

IP Logged
dario
LMR Senior

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #87 - 09/09/11 at 2:54pm

the part that disturbed me the most is the guy in the blue firesuit that ran around billy,s pit and a kid ran behind him trying to stop him and the driver violently yanked him away twice and continued going after somebody. who was this driver?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.