Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register 10/22/24 at 6:21am

SATURDAY NIGHT RACER
Saturday Night RacerTracksSANTA MARIA RACEWAY › SMS front straight away

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
SMS front straight away (Read 48070 times)
fan_of_4p
LMR God

Where's the next
race?

SMS front straight away
09/05/11 at 1:31am

Well CK has a saying that goes like this... if your going to wreak/ wreak BIG and if your going to fight/ fight in front of the FANs
Tonight that got every bit of there moneys worth with the "lil shoe" opening a can of whoop on Rayburn. That was the main event as the were plenty of fights on the undercard.

IP Logged
1 Fast hobby
LMR Rookie

Doing it in the
dirt!!!!

Re: SMS front straight away
Reply #1 - 09/05/11 at 1:41am

I seen it as rayburn opening a can on lil shoe!!!

IP Logged
fan_of_4p
LMR God

Where's the next
race?

Reply #2 - 09/05/11 at 1:51am

Went to the fights and a car race broke out....

Well I had pretty good seat and would love to see some video of it. Everyone in the stands were on there feet for it

IP Logged
WOOD Racing #13
LMR God

"GIT R
DONE"

Bakersfield, Ca
Reply #3 - 09/05/11 at 3:29am

1 Fast hobby wrote on 09/05/11 at 1:41am:
I seen it as rayburn opening a can on lil shoe!!!

Wrong again..

That dumbass needed his A$$ kicked. Driving like an idiot.

Jacky "Go to the Front" Wood
2013 Hobby Stock Champion

Got a good ring to it anyway.. LMAO
  IP Logged
hogracer3d
LMR God

We bust our a$$ to
kick yours-!!!

Reply #4 - 09/05/11 at 7:23am

Big shoe might not be too happy about this.......

DSClaimer: I have no DNA evidence that my post is absolutely 100% true and accurate, and frankly don't care !
  IP Logged
formercrewguy
LMR God

The shrub brothers
are punks

Arizona
Reply #5 - 09/05/11 at 7:30am

Who are these "shoes"? Everybody already knows Rayburn is an idiot.

"99% of Muslims aren't terrorists, but 99% of terrorists are Muslim"
  IP Logged
hogracer3d
LMR God

We bust our a$$ to
kick yours-!!!

Reply #6 - 09/05/11 at 7:33am

Kevin and Jimmy Irwin

Kevin could be " Shoe, part Deux"
Lol

DSClaimer: I have no DNA evidence that my post is absolutely 100% true and accurate, and frankly don't care !
  IP Logged
FASTMIKE
LMR God

CALL US FIRST FIX IT
FAST

Reply #7 - 09/05/11 at 8:15am

SOMEONE MUST HAVE VIDEO TO VERIFY RAYBURN GOT HIS ASS KICKED.......ANYBODY?????

i thought he was some tough ass C.O.

IP Logged
scottwhitley
LMR Senior

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Reply #8 - 09/05/11 at 8:21am

Awesome show altogether from the racing to the fighting! Some of those guys looked more into fighting than racing,as soon A's checkers flew they were throwing bombs it was great!!!! Not so great getting home at 5:30 and not being asleep at 8:00 but worth it!

IP Logged
ministocker56
LMR God

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Reply #9 - 09/05/11 at 8:52am

there was 2 fight's , gary all so got into a fight with the 29 , Last night was crazy , Then the 24 was after the 72 but his kid stopped him from going after the 72

IP Logged
scottwhitley
LMR Senior

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Reply #10 - 09/05/11 at 9:38am

Can't get over what an awesome show it was and the perspective from the infield for SS race was so intense those cars were awesome!!! And Danny Roe moving from 21st to 11th in his 4th SS race against the baddest dudes in California and loading the 14t up with no damage was the icing on the cake!

IP Logged
AJ55
LMR God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #11 - 09/05/11 at 11:47am

There is no room for fighting on a race track. We wonder why our kids get into trouble duhhhhh they copy what we do. Good parents will not bring kids back to a place that lets them fight. We need all the fans we can get to keep all the tracks alive and well. Racing is for fun, bad calls by officals and the drivers take on other drivers. officals do there jobs and it will stay on the track and the racing will clean up. We can all fight but who can race clean and win that's the question.
JMO

" we will see you at the races "
  IP Logged
Gasit
LMR Senior

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Reply #12 - 09/05/11 at 11:53am

I know alot of old timers who are proud of Chris's decision to let them fight it out. As long as they take their helmets off like the old days. (none of this "i'm scaird to get hit in the face" sissy stuff.
As far as kids watching, It teaches them, for every action there is a reaction. Kids watch UFC all the time. this is a mild version.

IP Logged
formercrewguy
LMR God

The shrub brothers
are punks

Arizona
Reply #13 - 09/05/11 at 12:01pm

It's not like the stands are full of Amish people....or the Mormon Tabernackle Choir.....

I think the typical race fan can handle an old fashioned melee.

Grin

One of my fondest memories was Danny Simkins laying out Chuck Weber on the front stretch at Watsonville back in the day!

"99% of Muslims aren't terrorists, but 99% of terrorists are Muslim"
  IP Logged
scottwhitley
LMR Senior

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Reply #14 - 09/05/11 at 12:19pm

I've got two young boys and 55 got me thinkin and he has a good point but gait and crewguy also have good points I guess it's up to the individual promoter it would be nice to see new and more fans come out but at the end of the day it's mostly the same crowd and we like to watch races and fights don't bother most of us! Merced bans guys for the year for boxing and SMS is far better off than Merced so gasit wins this one!

IP Logged
AJ55
LMR God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #15 - 09/05/11 at 12:47pm

Only reason i bring this up is a track back east had a fight, guy got hurt sued track and etc. and now no more track till settelment is paid over 2 mill. awarded. This was because the promoter said it was good for drawing crowds on one and only one interview he said he was kidding but the corts did not agree. I do not want to see no race track closed.

" we will see you at the races "
  IP Logged
gl_rayburn98
LMR Senior

2005 Driver Champion

Grover Beach
Reply #16 - 09/05/11 at 12:50pm

I was at Bakersfield two weeks ago and made sure I was respectful and didnt want to touch anyone the short time I raced there. The Irwins were the first people in my pit to ask if I needed help when I had motor problems.
Fast forward to last night. Last lap I am in a transfer spot after starting dead last and not touching a sole. Little Irwin went for it all and drove through my car going into turn one. Thats not being a shoe by the way. There was plenty of track above me. Whatever its last lap racing. I get hooked coming to the checkered by Robert Read and smashed into the wall. So obviously my car is done and as I get out little Irwin comes up against me to jaw at me. That was it for me. So I jumped over his car and decided to get into a weak ass wrestling match. That was it and done with. I still like the guys I just had been smashed too often last night and was fed up.
Later that night as I was loading my car, Chuck Cecil and his woman started throwing full bear cans at me and my pregnant girlfriend and then came at me with a shovel. All the while crying about me beating him two years ago. REALLY? Big Irwin drug him away because he obviously was way too drunk. Cecil, your a class act.
Irwins, its was done with me ten minutes after I walked away. I have no hard feelings.

IP Logged
Cal SS All-Star Shootout
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 09/05/11 at 1:04pm

There was also another fight after the Factory/Enduro Main

IP Logged
MARSHALLFL
LMR Rookie

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Reply #18 - 09/05/11 at 1:39pm

So let me get this straight, Chris this is what you want in your racing program?

What’s going to happen next time when the cops get called and they stop the program?  So you want people to have an arrest record?  You really think it going to stay on the track and fights are not going to break out in the stands between family members.  Where I grew up in the southeast this was a nightly occurrence at the races.

This isn’t 1950 Mayberry were people forgive and forget and the cops just let you cool off.  People today don’t let it end in a fist fight they now grab a knife or a gun.  Just this year people have been stabbed and shot at football and baseball games right here in California.  

I love the racing here in California because of the culture and camaraderie.  I really love Santa Maria speedway and I think Chris you are one of the best promoters in AMERICA.  I have been to tracks all over the country and they are trying anything to save their programs.   I can't see how promoting fighting can help a program

IP Logged
RACERVETTE88
LMR Rookie

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

ca.93454
Reply #19 - 09/05/11 at 1:57pm

I have been going to SMS since i was 2 mths old and let me tell you that i have seen my share of fights at the track.  And i can also tell you that many of the participants in those fights are still friends to this day. If they wan't to duke it out to get thier frustration out ,then let them. I don't think it is going to make anyone not come back. And us kids who grew up watching it, most of us have grown up to be very respectful adults so i don't think seeing them fight in the pits is going to affect the little ones that much. I thought it was a great race night and Chris did a great job. JMO

IP Logged
imracin68j
LMR God

Do the impossible

Reply #20 - 09/05/11 at 2:57pm

I never recall seeing fights.

I actually thought the fight on the front shoot was a fitting tribute to the Simkins memorial.

Play the all new "DANNY SIMKINS - 11 STRAIGHT - trivia game." Only at teamsimkins.com.
WWW | AIM   IP Logged
steph
LMR God

www.ByStephanieOdom.
com

Denver,  CO
Reply #21 - 09/05/11 at 4:56pm

Fight definitely brought the crowd to their feet. Didn't seem to bother the families that were around us... they actually enjoyed it. Kids see fights all the time, don't think one at the dirt track will make that much of an impact on their life.

Was a good (and long) night of racing. Thanks CK.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.