Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register 10/22/24 at 4:24pm

SATURDAY NIGHT RACER
Saturday Night RacerTracksBAKERSFIELD SPEEDWAY › Bakersfield Speedway 4/9 Results

Pages: 1 2 3 
Bakersfield Speedway 4/9 Results (Read 30686 times)
oldman98
LMR Member

that one stunk

Re: Bakersfield Speedway 4/9 Results
Reply #44 - 04/24/11 at 2:35am

AStewart37 wrote on 04/23/11 at 11:06pm:
The lapped cars completed the 20th lap of the race, the car that broke did not complete the last lap-- they both end up finishing 19 laps, and the cars that completed the last lap went further in the race. We don't count it by quarter laps and who started the lap first. it's who finished the laps and who went further in the event.

That's how Bakersfield Speedway has done it for over a decade.

aaron...just answer the question please...what place does the car finish...that all i want to know...very simple question...at least i thought so...i have a hard time with this new math...

kelly sawyer

IP Logged
AStewart37
LMR Mod

CA
Reply #45 - 04/24/11 at 8:40am

I didn't see any question marks so I didnt know you were asking a question.

If a lead lap car breaks on the last lap, regardless of where they were running, they ran 19 laps, with their last completed lap being 19. If there are lapped cars, they also ran 19 laps, with their last completed lap being 20. The cars that completed the final lap of the race get credited first.

WWW   IP Logged
Mighty Quinn Racing
LMR God

MightyQuinnRacing.co
m

Ridgecrest CA
Reply #46 - 04/24/11 at 9:02am

i believe thats the wrong way to do that.
it should be whoever got to 19 laps first gets counted first.

CAUSE ITS FUN!!!
MightyQuinnRacing.com
  IP Logged
Chad11
LMR God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #47 - 04/24/11 at 9:14am

AStewart37 wrote on 04/23/11 at 11:06pm:
The lapped cars completed the 20th lap of the race, the car that broke did not complete the last lap-- they both end up finishing 19 laps, and the cars that completed the last lap went further in the race. We don't count it by quarter laps and who started the lap first. it's who finished the laps and who went further in the event.

That's how Bakersfield Speedway has done it for over a decade.

They could have been doing it that way for 100 years...that doesn't make it right. Kelly is correct and I don't see how you could possibly argue against him. It is really simple to change the way you score this situation and do it right moving forward.

IP Logged
jimbob37
LMR Senior

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Reply #48 - 04/24/11 at 11:54am

AStewart37 wrote on 04/24/11 at 8:40am:

If a lead lap car breaks on the last lap, regardless of where they were running, they ran 19 laps, with their last completed lap being 19. If there are lapped cars, they also ran 19 laps, with their last completed lap being 20. The cars that completed the final lap of the race get credited first.

So, it doesn't matter that the lead lap car completed 19 laps before the cars one lap down? And still, the lapped cars don't pass the car that broke and yet are given a position in front of him.  In a nut shell, you are essentially penalizing the lead lap car one lap for breaking down. Nice.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something in your life."-Winston Churchill
  IP Logged
oldman98
LMR Member

that one stunk

Reply #49 - 04/26/11 at 10:15am

AStewart37 wrote on 04/24/11 at 8:40am:

i hope i'm not the only one confused by this statement...i don't understand how they ran 19 laps and they completed the 20th lap at the same time...does the track give them an extra lap...they either ran 19 laps or 20 laps...

please explain..."*V#@****:;??!!!!!,.<>"...lol

kelly sawyer

IP Logged
bakoracer
LMR Rookie

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Reply #50 - 04/26/11 at 2:21pm

WOW WOW WOW  I don't like getting on here BUT I have to give my 2 cents worth on this won Aaron if you really think that is the right way you score a race you need to find out from all the other Dirt tracks the way you should be scoring these race's i've been racing at the speedway for 35 years and never in all my years have I seen or heard of something so very wrong on the score keepers thoughts any time a car is running on the lead lap and takes the white flag and breaks, runs out of gas, or what ever, the cars that are a lap down always finish behind the cars that are on the lead lap and take the white flag.     Scott Pounds

IP Logged
AStewart37
LMR Mod

CA
Reply #51 - 04/26/11 at 5:55pm

I NEVER SAID IT WAS RIGHT OR WRONG.

I simply answered the question of how Bakersfield does it.

You people need to stop bitching at someone who does the courtesy of posting results each week and trying to answer questions as to why something is as it is, or how the system works.

I DONT crappity smackING MAKE THE RULES AND YOU PEOPLE NEED TO STOP BITCHING AT ME FOR TRYING TO EXPLAIN IT TO YOU.

I will no longer answer ANY questions as to WHY or HOW a result is as it is. If you cant figure it out for yourselves, you'll havta wait till you can ask the scorekeepers the next time you show up to a race.

You're all on your own now.

WWW   IP Logged
18racr
LMR God

We have a Fraud in
the White House.

Reply #52 - 04/27/11 at 6:22am

I guess if you ask WHY or HOW or question the thought process of something its automatically labeled as bitching now,, I always thought it was a question, NOT bitching,, but I guess thats todays world we live in,

IP Logged
bakoracer
LMR Rookie

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Reply #53 - 04/27/11 at 10:10am

YA, Aaron

thats just the reply I though you would come back with if you don't have any thing to do with the score keeping at the speedway and if you don't no the right way of keeping score than you should keep you remarks to you self, I think that you didn't under stand how the right way should of been scored all along or you would of spoke up a long time ago IF ITS WRONG THAN ITS WRONG and it needs to be changed so if the head score keeper or Scott S. needs to get INVOVED than so be it, but for you to come on here and say your backing out of this because of every one bitching is pretty LAME, when you where the one saying thats how Bakersfield dose it, every one is just telling you its wrong, the right thing to do is stand up and agree with every one and say we need to change how its done,  and for you tell us YOU NEVER SAID IT WAS RIGHT OR WRONG and all you where doing was answering a Question on how they have been scoring these race's,  if its wrong than lets do what ever we need to to get it RIGHT.    If your a true racer than stand for whats right,

THANKS.  Scott Pounds

IP Logged
AStewart37
LMR Mod

CA
Reply #54 - 04/27/11 at 12:37pm

I wasn't upset by the complaining of the rule until everyone started focusing their complaints directly at me as if I was the only who either implanted the rule or enforced the rule. All I did was say how the rule was done.

You guys shot the messenger and then kicked the corpse.

I'm done in the conversation because I'm the only person on here who has to be on both sides. I've got to work with the officials and score keepers half the races and the other half race and pit with all the racers. In issues like these you can't be on both sides and it's clearly better if I just not participate in them so that I don't risk getting one side or the other verbally attacking me.

WWW   IP Logged
DaveBauerSC6
LMR God

GATOR  Eng    
661-833-6127  

Bakersfield, CA
Reply #55 - 04/27/11 at 8:07pm

The problem is the mechanics of the score sheet. If you have seen how it works; it is based on cars crossing the s/f line. The last lap just needs to be hand corrected.
Hopefully IMCA dose'nt get involved.

http://www.bear-mountain-auto-repair.com/perf-heads / DeAngelo's paint Central Valley Tank of Fresno
WWW   IP Logged
oldman98
LMR Member

that one stunk

Reply #56 - 04/28/11 at 11:51am

bakoboss will make a correction about this...i'm hoping he does...i believe that the scorekeepers, if they have read the tread, understand what we have been trying to get them to understand...it is pretty black and white...someone has taught them what they understand was how to do the finishing order...changes are sometime hard to accept when so many people are bashing them...there words...not mine...dave said it best...hopefully imca doesn't get involved...i'm just trying to prevent a problem if it happens to be us...

IP Logged
Chad_E._Jeffreys
LMR Senior

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

California
Reply #57 - 05/04/11 at 11:53pm

It's not a bad thing if IMCA get's involved, we're not going to get in any hot water.  We are not affraid to answer questens either, but after a while you have to understand it is a waste of time and we have to agree to disagree.  Also, as a member signed in at Bakersfield Speedway as well as any other track you should realize we have Reserved the right to make the final decision, and you as a member have agreed to that when you signed.  With that said as far as I'm concerned we are beating a dead horse.  Chad

JEFFREYS Fabrication is coming soon!!! Get it right or don't get it at all.
  IP Logged
oldman98
LMR Member

that one stunk

Reply #58 - 05/10/11 at 7:45am

Chad_E._Jeffreys wrote on 05/04/11 at 11:53pm:
It's not a bad thing if IMCA get's involved, we're not going to get in any hot water.  We are not affraid to answer questens either, but after a while you have to understand it is a waste of time and we have to agree to disagree.  Also, as a member signed in at Bakersfield Speedway as well as any other track you should realize we have Reserved the right to make the final decision, and you as a member have agreed to that when you signed.  With that said as far as I'm concerned we are beating a dead horse.  Chad

we're not going to get in any hot water...who said u would

we have Reserved the right to make the final decision, and you as a member have agreed to that when you signed...so u can do what ever u want...nice...right or wrong...your right...

With that said as far as I'm concerned we are beating a dead horse...you got the wrong horse...i'm riding the one that i'm concerned with...all who have spoke up on this subject are in agreement with "the track is wrong"...so were all the dumb ones...i should of known...

i am asking for the track to sit down and discuss this some evening with me and anyone else that would like to be there...i don't want it on some saturday afternoon when racing is going on...give us date and time...have the score keepers there also...lets right a wrong...we don't need this meeting if the track would just fix the problem...ask don low (sp) to join us...i understand he was the one that laid this out...

kelly sawyer

IP Logged
imracin68j
LMR God

Do the impossible

Reply #59 - 05/10/11 at 5:00pm

Scoring question, not really related:

Lets say a driver gets put down 2 spots on a yellow for what ever reason (Gets put back to 3rd.)  The cars take the green and resume.  On the next lap the second place car spins out.  Does the person who was originally put back to third move up to the 2nd place position or does the car that was 4th get to move to 2nd?

Play the all new "DANNY SIMKINS - 11 STRAIGHT - trivia game." Only at teamsimkins.com.
WWW | AIM   IP Logged
jimbob37
LMR Senior

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Reply #60 - 05/10/11 at 7:44pm

imracin68j wrote on 05/10/11 at 5:00pm:
Scoring question, not really related:

Lets say a driver gets put down 2 spots on a yellow for what ever reason (Gets put back to 3rd.)  The cars take the green and resume.  On the next lap the second place car spins out.  Does the person who was originally put back to third move up to the 2nd place position or does the car that was 4th get to move to 2nd?

I would think that since the green came out and racing resumed, the driver who was put back to third would then move up to second. If not, isn't it like being penalized twice?

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something in your life."-Winston Churchill
  IP Logged
imracin68j
LMR God

Do the impossible

Reply #61 - 05/11/11 at 8:03am

I think it seems like your being penalized twice.

Play the all new "DANNY SIMKINS - 11 STRAIGHT - trivia game." Only at teamsimkins.com.
WWW | AIM   IP Logged
DaveBauerSC6
LMR God

GATOR  Eng    
661-833-6127  

Bakersfield, CA
Reply #62 - 05/12/11 at 9:33pm

Bring the score sheets.

http://www.bear-mountain-auto-repair.com/perf-heads / DeAngelo's paint Central Valley Tank of Fresno
WWW   IP Logged
TURBO98
LMR God

If everythings under
control u're not
fast enough

bakersfield
Reply #63 - 05/15/11 at 9:03am

maybe you should just give the guy that didn't finish the 19th lap a dnf  Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.