Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register 10/22/24 at 4:27pm

SATURDAY NIGHT RACER
Saturday Night RacerTracksBAKERSFIELD SPEEDWAY › Bakersfield Speedway 4/9 Results

Pages: 1 2 3 
Bakersfield Speedway 4/9 Results (Read 30692 times)
Zander3z
LMR Rookie

Support Our Troops

Bakersfield, CA
Re: Bakersfield Speedway 4/9 Results
Reply #22 - 04/12/11 at 6:49pm

Aaron, I’m not sure I didn’t know that we were arguing.  Geoff asked me in a previous message why I thought there was a scoring issue?  So I was explaining to him my understanding of the scoring rule.  Again I was wrong in my interpatation of the rule.  I don’t agree with the rule and I don’t understand it as I don’t understand how the one lap penalty (blessing) rule for causing a yellow for a flat is an actual penalty.  But oh well NOW THAT I KNOW BOTH RULES WE CAN MOVE ON.  

Keepnscore, I never meant to insult you.  Like I said in one of my last post on another thread we were talking on I was cool with the explenation that Wally gave so I have moved on its all good.  Not everyone on here is trying to b!tch and complain, some of us don’t know everyone so we can’t call them and ask questions, so this is a place for us to come on hear and ask questions.  Thanks for the explanations it shows that you care and take your job serious, so thanks.    

IP Logged
woodracing35
LMR God

2010 AMERICAN STOCK
CHAMPION

Reply #23 - 04/12/11 at 11:45pm

a couple years ago i thought i had finished higher in the race then i thought i did but after the races i found scorekeeper and she showed me the scoring sheets and explained to me what happend...so she will show you and explain to you whats on her sheets all you have to do is ask...

aaron your always arguing with people ive seen you...lmao...jk

IP Logged
keepnscore
LMR Rookie

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #24 - 04/13/11 at 7:59am

Zander3z wrote on 04/12/11 at 6:49pm:
Aaron, I’m not sure I didn’t know that we were arguing.  Geoff asked me in a previous message why I thought there was a scoring issue?  So I was explaining to him my understanding of the scoring rule.  Again I was wrong in my interpatation of the rule.  I don’t agree with the rule and I don’t understand it as I don’t understand how the one lap penalty (blessing) rule for causing a yellow for a flat is an actual penalty.  But oh well NOW THAT I KNOW BOTH RULES WE CAN MOVE ON.  

Keepnscore, I never meant to insult you.  Like I said in one of my last post on another thread we were talking on I was cool with the explenation that Wally gave so I have moved on its all good.  Not everyone on here is trying to b!tch and complain, some of us don’t know everyone so we can’t call them and ask questions, so this is a place for us to come on hear and ask questions.  Thanks for the explanations it shows that you care and take your job serious, so thanks.    

There are not many people at the track that have my cell number, and if they do they are sworn to not give it out, just for this reason, (not pointed at you).

Most generally if anyone has a question they usually message me on another site (yvonne jennings), I don't mind answering ANY questions.

It is better to show you drivers how it is done, so there is less doubt in what we do. Can I say I have never made a mistake, heck no, when I do make a mistake, I admit to it.

IP Logged
fromthegrandstands
LMR God

A REAL Pain in the
A$$

Santa Maria, CA
Reply #25 - 04/13/11 at 10:22am

...and even in R/C Cars w/ transponders and a scoring program...there are occasional mistakes and missed laps that have to be interpreted by the score sheet and corrected.

(Also in MOST r/c racing  there are NO YELLOW flags to account for - we RACE through crashes - and if you get a FLAT TIRE - you just get RUN OVER and removed from the track)

WWW   IP Logged
NAILIT
LMR God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #26 - 04/14/11 at 6:14am

Zander3z wrote on 04/10/11 at 4:48pm:
This is why racing at the Bakersfield Speedway has become so frustrating.  I did exactly what Chad Jeffries said to do in the drivers meeting.  Pull off if you get a flat tire because if you stop for a yellow you will be docked one lap.  Well I pulled off causing no caution and I get the short end of the stick. When I came back on the track it was yellow and I restarted at the tail end of the pack, which is where I belonged.  I worked hard to pass a lot of cars for no reason because you guys have me scored multiple laps down.  In the future I’ll cause a caution and take the one lap penalty at least I’m racing with a few guys or I’ll just park it because there’s no need to race and take the chance of tearing up my stuff.  Why was I scored behind the 14y when he blew up with multiple laps left in the race and I was still on the track and a few other cars that pulled off before the race was over?  

Sounds like you pulled off with a flat under Green, the remaining cars completed another lap while you were changing a tire. then for some reason the track went yellow, you came back on the track and picked up the tail end for the restart.

"ONE MORE LAP YOU WOULD HAVE HAD HIM"

WWW   IP Logged
oldman98
LMR Member

that one stunk

Reply #27 - 04/14/11 at 7:23am

wow...now i'm confused...if i read the lap post correctly...cars that do not finish on the lead lap (1 down) are scored ahead of a car that took the white flag and dnf...how can that be...the car that took the white flag went further than the cars that finished a lap down...

is this correct...

kelly sawyer

IP Logged
keepnscore
LMR Rookie

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #28 - 04/14/11 at 8:53am

oldman98 wrote on 04/14/11 at 7:23am:
wow...now i'm confused...if i read the lap post correctly...cars that do not finish on the lead lap (1 down) are scored ahead of a car that took the white flag and dnf...how can that be...the car that took the white flag went further than the cars that finished a lap down...

is this correct...

kelly sawyer

Kelly,

I think your missing who went further in the race.

Example:
A car goes one lap down and finishes the race (crosses the finish line).

A lead lap car takes the white but does not cross the finish line. That means he did not complete that lap, he is a lap down.

So you have a car that is a lap down and finishes the race, and a car that is a lap down that does not finish the race, who goes first?

The guy that was a lap down and finished, he went FURTHER in the race.

(mind you when I say a lap down I am talking about 1 lap down not multiple)

IP Logged
kartracer8
LMR God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #29 - 04/14/11 at 9:02am

heres just an example of what i think of the rule and how i put the rule in to effect at my races.
20 lap race
Car A is in a wreck on lap 12 and goes a  lap down in the pits.
Car B is in a wreck on lap 20 in turns 1&2 and doestn take checkered. If he takes the white flag its impossible to go a lap down bc  he made it to 1&2 and the race was checkered leader cant lap a car on white flag lap in 1&2. In my opinion if you take the white flag and dont finish a race you are gonnna be scored the last car on the lead lap.. so basically what you have is
Car A 19 laps completed
Car B 19 1/4 laps completed last car on lead lap bc he didnt take checkers.

Also who completed 19 laps first car a or car b
Car a completed 19 laps on the 20th lap
Car b completed 19 laps on the 19th lap
who completed 19 laps first would be who was scored first im just tryin to help a little ...

IP Logged
fromthegrandstands
LMR God

A REAL Pain in the
A$$

Santa Maria, CA
Glad I'm not a short track scorekeeper!  :)
Reply #30 - 04/14/11 at 9:40am

....and all of the assumptions have to take into consideration the cars that get lapped during the race w/o pulling OFF the track.

So... we'll say from the 9th place car on back gets lapped by the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place cars by lap 10 of a 20  lap race - just in front of the leader the 7th and 8th place cars bump and the 7th place car gets his tire cut, and he stops and draws the yellow.

The leader goes by when the 7th place car parks next to the wall, and he also gets around the NEW 7th place car who caused the flat tire just before the caution comes out, but before the Start/Finish line.

The guy with the flat drives off to the pits and gets his tire replaced during the caution...and re-enters the track before the drop of the green.

HOW many laps down is he, and in what place is he in....

if I read the interpretation of the rule correctly since the yellow came out before the leader completed a lap after passing the car w/ the flat tire - that lap would be reverted back and the ontrack position not gained, so the car w/ a flat tire would enter the track ONE LAP down w/ the "Causing a Yellow" penalty (even though he was only feet from going down w/o a penalty) and in all regards should be scored as a minimum of 2 laps down at that point?

...and you are going know and be able to record all this with 19 other cars on the track bumping, banging, etc...

WANT TO BE A SCORE KEEPER?   uh - NO THANK YOU!

WWW   IP Logged
oldman98
LMR Member

that one stunk

Reply #31 - 04/14/11 at 10:05am

keepnscore wrote on 04/14/11 at 8:53am:
oldman98 wrote on 04/14/11 at 7:23am:

is this correct...

kelly sawyer

Kelly,

I think your missing who went further in the race.

Example:
A car goes one lap down and finishes the race (crosses the finish line).

A lead lap car takes the white but does not cross the finish line. That means he did not complete that lap, he is a lap down.

So you have a car that is a lap down and finishes the race, and a car that is a lap down that does not finish the race, who goes first?

The guy that was a lap down and finished, he went FURTHER in the race.

(mind you when I say a lap down I am talking about 1 lap down not multiple)

how can a car that took the checkered flag 1 lap down have gone further than a car that took the white flag and lets say finished in turn 3 from what ever happened...that car ran 19 and 3/4's of a lap went further than the car that went 19 laps and took checkered flag...car that ran 19 3/4's of a lap should finish in front of car that only ran 19 laps...i don't understand how one would put them at the end of the cars that only went 19 laps...

i know that i'm old but not that old to remember how math works...lol...

19 3/4's is more than 19...am i right...

kelly

IP Logged
keepnscore
LMR Rookie

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #32 - 04/14/11 at 10:43am

Is 19 and 3/4 crossing the finish line?

Are we suppose to score by the 1/8, the 1/4, the 1/2, or the 3/4? Come on get serious.

To be in a lap you have to complete the lap.

This is my last post on this.

The horse is dead, I am done, you got questions see me at the track.

IP Logged
fromthegrandstands
LMR God

A REAL Pain in the
A$$

Santa Maria, CA
Reply #33 - 04/14/11 at 10:48am

It's been a long time since I've seen a score sheet from the speedway, but if I remember correctly - the only place that matters is THE Start / Finish Line - so if two cars only finish 19 of 20 laps - the one who COMPLETED his 19th lap first gets that position.

if I'm not mistaken - the car numbers are written down in order across the stripe - then counted to see how many completed laps were scored

You would then have to interpret that car A car got his 19th lap before car B based on which one was entered on the sheet LAST.

WWW   IP Logged
kartracer8
LMR God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #34 - 04/14/11 at 10:59am

fromthegrandstands wrote on 04/14/11 at 10:48am:
It's been a long time since I've seen a score sheet from the speedway, but if I remember correctly - the only place that matters is THE Start / Finish Line - so if two cars only finish 19 of 20 laps - the one who COMPLETED his 19th lap first gets that position.

if I'm not mistaken - the car numbers are written down in order across the stripe - then counted to see how many completed laps were scored

You would then have to interpret that car A car got his 19th lap before car B based on which one was entered on the sheet LAST.

exactly what i said who ever completes the 19 laps first and so on is who is scored where

IP Logged
oldman98
LMR Member

that one stunk

Reply #35 - 04/14/11 at 12:37pm

keepnscore wrote on 04/14/11 at 10:43am:
Is 19 and 3/4 crossing the finish line?

Are we suppose to score by the 1/8, the 1/4, the 1/2, or the 3/4? Come on get serious.

"To be in a lap you have to complete the lap"...

This is my last post on this.

The horse is dead, I am done, you got questions see me at the track.

the horse was just playing dead...he's up and running so speak up...

why should i see u at the track...this should be looked at now...not later...when your at the track...you are to busy to sit down and talk about this...to many things running thru your head about what needs to be done...you thinking that i don't want to listen to this guys s--t...what the he'll does he know...i'm the scorekeeper...not him...does he think he can do a better job than me...then do it...this is what you would be thinking...i don't want your job...its not easy...i'm not trying to tear you up either...but please listen to reason...

who finished lap 19 first...this should be your first question...being the car that didn't finish the race finished lap 19 before the car that only completed 19 laps because he was slow...should be placed in front of the car that only completed 19 laps...

a race is 20 laps...the checkered flag is waved to the car that finishes 20 laps first...i hope we agree to this...then the rest of the cars are scored as they cross the finish line...do we agree...we count lets say 10 cars finished 20 laps...the next car to finish lap 19 should be placed in 11th place...do we agree...being car #1 finshed lap 19 before car #2...car #1 should be scored as 11th and next car on 19 should be placed as 12th...neither car finshed lap 20...this is how they should be scored...

i never said that u should score a race by 3/4 or 1/2 or 1/4...i was making a point of why the car that went further should be placed in front of the other...stupid me to think this way...i'm such an a$$hole...all i was doing is using numbers to make a point...

by the way...the car that finished a lap down didn't make the completed amount of laps that the winner did...thus he didn't finish race either...

"To be in a lap you have to complete the lap." keepnscore...are you sure you want to use this sentence...both cars completed this lap...who completed this lap first...the one that broke...this is why he should be scored in front of the other cars that only completed 19 laps...19 3/4 is more than 19...

here is a place to check...nascar.com...find a race that finished under yellow...a car crashed on the last lap...he was on the lead lap...he did not finish the last lap...does this mean that all the cars one lap down finshed in front of him since they finished the race on the same lap...no...same thing as your talking about...the winner still went the full distance...maybe this helps...

IP Logged
jimbob37
LMR Senior

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Reply #36 - 04/14/11 at 4:14pm

Wow, Bako is truly a special place.  I have never seen this scoring rule applied anywhere.  Whether it be Merced, Santa Maria, Madera, Stockton, Mesa Marin,  Antioch, Tulare, Hanford, the ol' Nascar Southwest Tour, Winston West Series, etc.  In every instance where a car takes the white flag on the lead lap and does not finish the race due to a wreck, mechanical, etc., that car was scored at the end of the lead lap and in front of all cars 1 lap down.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something in your life."-Winston Churchill
  IP Logged
fromthegrandstands
LMR God

A REAL Pain in the
A$$

Santa Maria, CA
Reply #37 - 04/14/11 at 4:43pm

..the biggest difference w/ NASCAR's current scoring positions is they use TRANSPONDERS and multiple loops - so they can and do break the track into segments (Which some consider to be BS because the only place that should count is AT THE Start/Finish Line where a lap is "OFFICIAL" )  But - on the same note - a car legitimately went further than another, and it CAN be shown by multiple scoring loops....

There are also systems that can use GPS Tracking and place cars in places based on time - which will probably be the SCORING SYSTEM of the Future at some point....cause you'll be able to show on a computer screen every move that car made - from track to pits, and when.

WWW   IP Logged
jimbob37
LMR Senior

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Reply #38 - 04/14/11 at 5:30pm

Even without transponders and electronic scoring, I have never seen a car on the lead lap take the white and be placed behind the cars that took the white one lap down.  No matter how you look at, if a driver on the lead lap takes the white,  there is no way that he can be passed by a driver one lap down.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something in your life."-Winston Churchill
  IP Logged
oldman98
LMR Member

that one stunk

Reply #39 - 04/22/11 at 1:15pm

keepnscore...just wondering if this is still an issue...just trying to avoid a problem...

kelly sawyer

IP Logged
oldman98
LMR Member

that one stunk

Reply #40 - 04/22/11 at 1:42pm

AStewart37 wrote on 04/12/11 at 9:52am:
If a car breaks on the last lap-- All the lead lap cars will be first-- then we count back the laps for lapped cars-- so if there are 3 lapped cars (with 19 laps) and then one car who broke on the last lap (with 19 laps), we always credit the guys who went further in the race-- so if those 3 lapped cars finished, they technically went further in the race since they were running on the 20th lap, so the 3 lapped cars would go ahead of the car that DNF'd on the last lap. Any cars 2 laps down or more would go behind the car that broke on the last lap since they would have completed less total laps.

stewart...how did the 3 lapped cars technically run on the 20th lap when the race was over when they took the checkered flag...they completed 19 laps...they never ran on the 20th lap...he explained that he took the white flag with the leaders and broke...never finishing lap 20...the 3 lap cars never started the 20th lap cause the race was over...

if the leader of a race takes the white flag 1st and happens to break and no yellow comes out and the race is checkered...lets say 4 cars finish the 20 laps...8 cars only finished 19 laps...where would the guy that took the white flag leading the race end up...

IP Logged
jimbob37
LMR Senior

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Reply #41 - 04/22/11 at 1:48pm

Ooh, Ooh....I know, I know!!

The guy who broke after taking the white as the leader and broke should be in 5th in the final results.

IP Logged
AStewart37
LMR Mod

CA
Reply #42 - 04/23/11 at 11:06pm

The lapped cars completed the 20th lap of the race, the car that broke did not complete the last lap-- they both end up finishing 19 laps, and the cars that completed the last lap went further in the race. We don't count it by quarter laps and who started the lap first. it's who finished the laps and who went further in the event.

That's how Bakersfield Speedway has done it for over a decade.

WWW   IP Logged
jimbob37
LMR Senior

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Reply #43 - 04/23/11 at 11:53pm

No matter how one looks at it, the cars who take the white flag while running on the lead lap go farther in the race than the cars that take the white one lap down.  There is no way a lapped car can over take a car on the lead lap after taking the white flag.   This is physically impossible.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.