Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register 10/22/24 at 4:40pm

SATURDAY NIGHT RACER
Saturday Night RacerTracksBAKERSFIELD SPEEDWAY › Bakersfield Speedway 4/9 Results

Pages: 1 2 3 
Bakersfield Speedway 4/9 Results (Read 30700 times)
AStewart37
LMR Mod

CA
Bakersfield Speedway 4/9 Results
04/09/11 at 11:58pm

Late Models (14 cars)

A Main
1. #7 Mike Johnson
2. #32B Clay Daly
3. #29 Andy Obertello
4. #27 Nick Bartels
5. #5k Mike Kirby
6. #22 Jason Selvidge
7. #1p Brad Pounds
8. #10n Robert Sanders
9. #77 Bill Bartels
10. #7c Chris Barnett
11. #75 Tommy Malcolm
12. #12 Ron Bartels
13. #5x Dino Napier
14. #53 David Spears

Hobby Stocks (33 cars)

A Main
1. #17t Bryan Terry
2. #2x Jimmy Irwin
3. #44 Rick Childress Sr
4. #26 Steven Johnson
5. #87 Lloyd Wren Jr
6. #4 Bobby Quinton
7. #04 Austin Manzella
8. #30 Geoff Menees
9. #78 Jacob Shepherd
10. #72 Kevin Irwin
11. #33R Nick Sylvester
12. #45 David Childress
13. #2z Garth Zander
14. #37 Aaron Stewart
15. #24 Tyler Johnson
16. #38 Richie McGowan
17. #14y Antony Sly
18. #3z Garrett Zander
19. #3 Jarod Schweitzer
20. #2t Taylor Paddock
21. #33 Robert Swearengin
22. #23 Dylan Hagar

B Main 1
1. #14y Antony Sly
2. #3z Garrett Zander
3. #2z Garth Zander
4. #04 Austin Manzella
5. #37 Aaron Stewart
6. #10 Keith Blevins
7. #7x Ron Schmidt
8. #7k John Bedingfield
9. #6 Noah Allen
10. #73 Eric McGough
DNS #21 Eric Cimental

B Main 2
1. #33R Nick Sylvester
2. #2x Jimmy Irwin
3. #4 Bobby Quinton
4. #30 Geoff Menees
5. #78 Jacob Shepherd
6. #9j Jordan Hagar
7. #71 Chris Cross
8. #18x Michael Nicks
9. #18 Aaron Bruce
10. #79 Cody Chambers

Super Streets (8 cars)

A Main
1. #04 Tim Randolph
2. #14 Lonnie Welch
3. #68j Billy Simkins
4. #54 Brady Bell
5. #26 Ed Elliott
6. #4 Mike Haines
7. #23 Lee Jensen
8. #18 Kasey Collier

American Stocks (24 cars)

A Main
1. #1 Scott Cason
2. #29B Joe Baker
3. #17 Traci Childress
4. #87jr Jake Vermeer
5. #29 Alex Tillema
6. #15D Dakota Brown
7. #24 Teena Childress
8. #33t Tristan Thompson
9. #23 Tim Martin
10. #79 Dale Frye Sr
11. #7 David Howell
12. #2 Rich Tillema
13. #12H Brent Hosfeldt
14. #97 Dale Frye Jr
15. #40 Nick Spainhoward
16. #78 Justin Tuey
17. #55 Matthew Lewis
18. #4RR Mike Bennett
19. #n2 Mark Irwin
20. #3 Kimee Earnshaw
21. #22 Johnny Wood
22. #16 Rick Childress Jr
DNS #44 Brian Childress
DNS #4B Eric Brust

NMRA TQ Midgets (11 cars)

A Main
1. #38 Chuck West
2. #59 Dakota Schweitzer
3. #6 Brian Baker
4. #18 Scott Dobson
5. #36 West Evans
6. #21 Anthony Lopicollo
7. #87 Ron Ahrendt
8. #5 Bruce Hiroshima
9. #40 Chris Thomas
10. #55 Dave Lambert

Okiebowl Hard Tops (14 cars)

A Main
1. #29 Matt McCaslin
2. #8 Marc McCaslin
3. #99A Tyler Weeks
4. #36 Steve Sorenson
5. #100 Josh Yadon
6. #3 Justin Yadon
7. #14 Daniel Grimm
8. #74 Bo Duke
9. #James Bradburn
10. #84 Nick Spainhoward
11. #126 Brad Pescheck
12. #51 Jeff Gibbons
13. #76 Alan Letenin
14. #34 Scott Hogstad

WWW   IP Logged
Johnson26
LMR Rookie

Bakersfield, CA
Re: Bakersfield Speedway 4/9 Results
Reply #1 - 04/10/11 at 9:26am

Question:
How does the 24 of Tyler go down a lap, when he brought out the first yellow for a flat tire. He did not go a lap down when they changed it. Second of all David Childress goes 3 laps down and finished 12 three spots in front of Tyler and he did not go a lap down. something is going wrong here? Angry

IP Logged
AStewart37
LMR Mod

CA
Reply #2 - 04/10/11 at 9:50am

If a driver purposely brings out a yellow, they are deducted a lap.

WWW   IP Logged
yourholeismygoal
LMR Rookie

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Reply #3 - 04/10/11 at 9:55am

Ok what if someone gives someone else a flat tire. And a yellow comes out... The person that gets a flat tire gets penalized a lap down? And the other person that gave the flat tire stays on lead lap? How does that make sense???

IP Logged
AStewart37
LMR Mod

CA
Reply #4 - 04/10/11 at 10:00am

You get penalized if you get a flat, willingly stop on the track, and then take off again as soon as the yellow come out. If you have a flat you're supposed to exit the track and get it changed, like the 3z did.

As for David Childress, I dont know when you think he lost any laps, because I know he broke for the one yellow, but he passed me on the very next restart and then was out there the whole rest of the race--

WWW   IP Logged
yourholeismygoal
LMR Rookie

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Reply #5 - 04/10/11 at 10:16am

But if you don't cause a yellow and you have to go and get a flat tire repaired you get penalized? Used to be if a yellow came out, caused by you or not for a flat tire, they gave you two laps to get it fixed and if you did you started in the back of the pack on the lead lap. Idk I guess this isn't anything to be talked to you about, your the points guy not a track offical or the track owner. I'll take it up with one of them.

IP Logged
AStewart37
LMR Mod

CA
Reply #6 - 04/10/11 at 10:20am

Well, they've always tried to discourage causing yellows on purpose, because it holds up the show, and when you have 6 divisions and a long american stock race, time is an issue-- they would not give the 2 extra laps if you brought out the yellow on purpose, but a lot of teams had enough crew guys where they could get the tire fixed before the lineup was fixed, so they had to come up with a new way to discourage on purposely bringing out the yellow.

If you have a flat, exit the track, do not stop on the track. That's what they're trying to encourage.

WWW   IP Logged
Zander3z
LMR Rookie

Support Our Troops

Bakersfield, CA
Reply #7 - 04/10/11 at 4:48pm

This is why racing at the Bakersfield Speedway has become so frustrating.  I did exactly what Chad Jeffries said to do in the drivers meeting.  Pull off if you get a flat tire because if you stop for a yellow you will be docked one lap.  Well I pulled off causing no caution and I get the short end of the stick. When I came back on the track it was yellow and I restarted at the tail end of the pack, which is where I belonged.  I worked hard to pass a lot of cars for no reason because you guys have me scored multiple laps down.  In the future I’ll cause a caution and take the one lap penalty at least I’m racing with a few guys or I’ll just park it because there’s no need to race and take the chance of tearing up my stuff.  Why was I scored behind the 14y when he blew up with multiple laps left in the race and I was still on the track and a few other cars that pulled off before the race was over?  

So in a recap if I get a flat tire I’m better off causing a caution and taking the one lap penalty, and if I follow the rules I’m better off parking my car because there’s nothing to race for.  It’s time we start racing with transponders then there’s no human error.  If R/C cars can race with transponders for 20 years I think we can too.

IP Logged
hobby14y
LMR Rookie

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

bakersfield
Reply #8 - 04/10/11 at 9:28pm

p.s i didnt blow up lol. my tanny blew hahahhaah

IP Logged
Zander3z
LMR Rookie

Support Our Troops

Bakersfield, CA
Reply #9 - 04/10/11 at 9:45pm

Good news thats less expensive.  All I saw was a puff of smoke and fire.

IP Logged
hobby14y
LMR Rookie

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

bakersfield
Reply #10 - 04/10/11 at 9:53pm

yea u no idk man, i think my rear end lockd up and twisted my drive line and my tranny exploded, it came through the cab. im still trying to think how the rear end and the tranny blew at the same time

IP Logged
AStewart37
LMR Mod

CA
Reply #11 - 04/10/11 at 10:39pm

Oh I was afraid the engine blew in response to the driveline coming out-- glad to hear the engine is okay.

WWW   IP Logged
hobby14y
LMR Rookie

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

bakersfield
Reply #12 - 04/10/11 at 10:48pm

well so far the engine looks good, my driver said he killd it  after the big bang. the force knocked off my belts. so now i have to start pulling parts off and seeing what i need, im sure i need a new powerglide,gears,drive line brake line.. i hope that motor is ok because its very fast

IP Logged
Geoff30
LMR Rookie

Reply #13 - 04/11/11 at 6:23am

We were coming to take the white flag when 14y broke. So he couldn't be scored more then two laps down. Garrett, you lost three possibly four laps when you pulled off with a flat. I don't know if 38 came back out after bringing out a yellow for his flat RR but if he did then he would only be a lap down. I'm just saying I don't see where there is a scoring problem.

That wasn't my interpretation of the rules!
  IP Logged
AStewart37
LMR Mod

CA
Reply #14 - 04/11/11 at 10:37am

The 38 did come back out, finished in the back across the line.

WWW   IP Logged
hobby14y
LMR Rookie

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

bakersfield
Reply #15 - 04/11/11 at 9:42pm

i have no problem with the scoring, i havnt finish a main yet hahahalol. just having bad luck lol

IP Logged
Zander3z
LMR Rookie

Support Our Troops

Bakersfield, CA
Reply #16 - 04/11/11 at 10:50pm

That’s what frustrates me how does the person who follows the track stewards rule get the short end of the stick?  Causing a caution for a flat gets you a one lap penalty and going to get a flat during green gets -3 to -4 laps.  The PENALTY should be greater than the guy who goes and gets his tire changed under green that’s my point.

When I raced American Stocks I took the white flag in 3rd spot on the lead lap, I broke in turn two so I didn’t cross the finish line and I was scored behind all the cars that took the checkered flag didn’t matter how many laps they were down. Which I thought was crap I should have been scored last car on lead lap.  I asked then one of the scoring officials and he told me all cars at the checkered were scored in front of all who didn’t cross the checkers.  So I was going off of that info obviously the rules have changed.  Oh well moving on and causing cautions from now on screw going in under green.  

IP Logged
AStewart37
LMR Mod

CA
Reply #17 - 04/12/11 at 9:52am

If a car breaks on the last lap-- All the lead lap cars will be first-- then we count back the laps for lapped cars-- so if there are 3 lapped cars (with 19 laps) and then one car who broke on the last lap (with 19 laps), we always credit the guys who went further in the race-- so if those 3 lapped cars finished, they technically went further in the race since they were running on the 20th lap, so the 3 lapped cars would go ahead of the car that DNF'd on the last lap. Any cars 2 laps down or more would go behind the car that broke on the last lap since they would have completed less total laps.

WWW   IP Logged
Zander3z
LMR Rookie

Support Our Troops

Bakersfield, CA
Reply #18 - 04/12/11 at 10:33am

This is why we need transponders.  The lapped car un lapped them selve they never passed the lead lap car that broke on the last lap.  The lead lap car never went a lap down there for they should be last car on lead lap.  Its simple math really it is.

IP Logged
keepnscore
LMR Rookie

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #19 - 04/12/11 at 11:10am

Zander3z wrote on 04/11/11 at 10:50pm:
That’s what frustrates me how does the person who follows the track stewards rule get the short end of the stick?  Causing a caution for a flat gets you a one lap penalty and going to get a flat during green gets -3 to -4 laps.  The PENALTY should be greater than the guy who goes and gets his tire changed under green that’s my point.

When I raced American Stocks I took the white flag in 3rd spot on the lead lap, I broke in turn two so I didn’t cross the finish line and I was scored behind all the cars that took the checkered flag didn’t matter how many laps they were down. Which I thought was crap I should have been scored last car on lead lap.  I asked then one of the scoring officials and he told me all cars at the checkered were scored in front of all who didn’t cross the checkers.  So I was going off of that info obviously the rules have changed.  Oh well moving on and causing cautions from now on screw going in under green.  

Read what I bolded that you wrote.

You don't cross the line by you own power you were not in that lap.

You are a lap down. If there were 6 other cars that were a lap down in that lap they would of finished before you, because they went further in the race.

I don't understand why all of you guys come on here bitching and moaning and I sit down in the pits for 3 freaking hours, but you guys never come down there to ask any questions.

IP Logged
keepnscore
LMR Rookie

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #20 - 04/12/11 at 11:25am

Zander3z wrote on 04/12/11 at 10:33am:
This is why we need transponders.  The lapped car un lapped them selve they never passed the lead lap car that broke on the last lap.  The lead lap car never went a lap down there for they should be last car on lead lap. Its simple math really it is.

Yes, it really is simple math, lets see there is 20 laps in a race, a car crosses the start/finish line by his OWN power 19 times. That means he is minus 1 lap.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

You know usually I don't engage in arguments like this, I let Aaron do it. But of all the years of scoring every once in a while one you you guys just hit a nerve.

If you would like me to educate you on how scoring works, please see me at the next hobby stock race. Better yet, I can bring our score sheet and let you take a look at them.

If and when the speedway ever goes to transponders, then you guys will complain about how they are incorrect to, and how expensive it is to rent them.

IP Logged
AStewart37
LMR Mod

CA
Reply #21 - 04/12/11 at 12:17pm

When do I ever argue with people?

I like to think of my posts as casual explanations.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.