Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register 10/06/24 at 3:35am

SATURDAY NIGHT RACER
Saturday Night RacerSaturday Night RacerSATURDAY NIGHT RACER › the show goes on!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
the show goes on! (Read 20866 times)
dannyracer6
LMR Member

dr6 Motorsports

Tulare,CA.
Re: the show goes on!
Reply #44 - 02/11/10 at 4:52pm

Why in the heck dont you guys cease and desist for a while. Do you enjoy beating up people. Give whoever is in charge a chance to get it done before you write them off as greedy or what ever. So Mike is done with the WSM..Ok, deal with it and move on. If you spend more time getting your cars ready and less time carping on this board, you might have them ready when the announcement comes down from Scott and Bubby and Steve  to start your engines.
Every body has an opinion, I know, but why not wait till  you have all the facts before you jump to conclusions.  Then be constructive, not destructive. No one will really know everything until the green flag drops anyway, where ever that takes place.  However hammering the Race promoters and Directors will not do any one any good.  So comeon guys, give them a chance!!!!

Dan..dr6 motorsports Smiley Smiley Smiley

dr6motorsports
YIM   IP Logged
WESTCOASTDIRT
LMR God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: WSM IS OVER!
Reply #45 - 02/11/10 at 5:17pm

FASTMIKE wrote on 02/10/10 at 12:16pm:
3racer wrote on 02/10/10 at 9:49am:
Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems Mike has done alot of "I am going to do this and pay this" "The WSM is going ot be the next best thing since sliced bread" "I am going to be a preacher; Thanks for all the support"  "Actually, I am going to continue the WSM due to all of the support calls I have received" and now once again he is calling it quits.  I think you see where I am going w/this.  Mike has done alot for us modified racers, but all this back and forth in my mind has diminished his credibility.  I would think he just threw a monkey wrench into alot of guys 2010 schedules.  JMO

AMEN BROTHER!

he should be careful throwing rocks in glass houses!
(when he stood up and blasted us for the WAS because he was a wdlmt koolaid drinker)

that said i am glad someone pointed this out!
dont talk unless your willing to walk.

peace............................mike

Mike: So are you a KOOLAID drinker on the tone set for the Super Late Models?lol

IP Logged
bluebyu
LMR God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #46 - 02/11/10 at 5:24pm

Western Super Modifieds or IMCA Cheesy

IP Logged
WESTCOASTDIRT
LMR God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #47 - 02/11/10 at 5:51pm

FASTMIKE wrote on 02/11/10 at 7:18am:
Trinity Motorsports wrote on 02/10/10 at 4:33pm:
Before anyone badmouths Mike we should consider what he has done for Modified Racing on the West Coast.  Because he paid 1k to win others are now paying 500 - 600 to win.  Promoters finally realized that money makes the field grow. The purse would have never gone up without someone making it happen and for that we have to thank Mike.  It is hard to commit to something like this, he has a real job and a family.  I cannot imagine the time that he has put into this.  I wouldnt be surprised if it was taken from him to eliminate the middle man.  Things come up and situations change... shoot just this weekend I was going to Arkansas to pick up a car and now I cannot go until the end of the month.  Mike has said stuff when he should have remained quiet... but who hasn't.  Rather than kick someone when they are "down" why dont you get "down" on your knees and pray for him.  Things are tuff right now for a lot of people, Mike works for the State of CA... and you know the state has financial issues right now that have effected his job stability.  

Mike I appreciate you and wish things would have worked like you dreamed.  Not all dreams come true but thanks for sharing your dreams with us!!  

God Bless
Troy Morris Jr.

I will support whatever you promote!!

troy, if the term you used "badmouthed" is directed at my comments i would like to be clear that my comments were fact not opinion......and i prayed for him THEN too for the record.

his effort should be commended.....however his EXECUTION speaks for itself. with his faith in God he will be fine.

peace...........................................mike

p.s. for the record, i would stay clear of a "moniker" that resembled WSM in my humble business opinion.

Factual and on record:When a business model produces the highest car count numbers in the state for 2yrs running and that including getting run over by other tracks when you have only 5 to 6 events a year. I believe that business model is factually sound no matter what flows from the mouth, when someone produces a greater business model that brings 35 + teams on average and with other tracks running on top of those dates, then ring that bell for moving to the next level.

All I can see at this point with 20yrs in the sport, is that we are going backwards 15yrs in time. JMO

IP Logged
mudslinger47
LMR God

Well crap stuck with
the dickweed for
four more

Reply #48 - 02/11/10 at 6:22pm

THANKS BUBBY!!!

I HAVE A GREAT DEAL OF RESPECT FOR THE FOLKS THAT COME ON HERE AND DEFEND THERE POSITIONS AND SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT. CHRIS AND SCOTT DO IT AND NOW YOU. GOOD SHOW!!! DON'T BE WARY OF COMIN' ON HERE AND KICKIN' A LITTLE BUTT, SOME FOLKS ON HERE DON'T NESSICARILY (sp) UNDERSTAND SMALL BUSINESS.

Duane

and yes, I was hollerin'

I HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, I JUST DON'T HAVE THE ABILITY!!
  IP Logged
Trinity Motorsports
LMR God

To God Be The Glory!

Reply #49 - 02/11/10 at 6:58pm

So just to set the record straight.  Why was WSM removed from the 3 tracks?  I only want answers from the promoters, everthing else is hear say.  I have heard from Mike I would like to hear the other side.

WWW   IP Logged
FASTMIKE
LMR God

CALL US FIRST FIX IT
FAST

Reply #50 - 02/11/10 at 7:19pm

WESTCOASTDIRT wrote on 02/11/10 at 5:17pm:
Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems Mike has done alot of "I am going to do this and pay this" "The WSM is going ot be the next best thing since sliced bread" "I am going to be a preacher; Thanks for all the support"  "Actually, I am going to continue the WSM due to all of the support calls I have received" and now once again he is calling it quits.  I think you see where I am going w/this.  Mike has done alot for us modified racers, but all this back and forth in my mind has diminished his credibility.  I would think he just threw a monkey wrench into alot of guys 2010 schedules.  JMO

AMEN BROTHER!

(when he stood up and blasted us for the WAS because he was a wdlmt koolaid drinker)

Mike: So are you a KOOLAID drinker on the tone set for the Super Late Models?lol

i do not understand your question.

IP Logged
WESTCOASTDIRT
LMR God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #51 - 02/11/10 at 7:40pm

FASTMIKE wrote on 02/11/10 at 7:19pm:
WESTCOASTDIRT wrote on 02/11/10 at 5:17pm:

AMEN BROTHER!

i do not understand your question.

I was just check your pulse on what has taken place with the late models! being your so happy with what goes around come around with Mock. I would think you would be really mad how the late model fell off the Earth even though the Teams did their job and supported the tracks faithfully and had a field of cars.

IP Logged
scottwoodhouse
LMR God

Reply #52 - 02/11/10 at 7:52pm

Troy we received no notice that the name was being removed or that mike was not going to be involved.  As soon as we have more answers we will let you know.  

For the record the 3 tracks/promoters are standing strong behind our committment to the modified schedule we have put together.

Feb 20 is the first playday.  Hope to see you guys

Scott Woodhouse
559-381-1439
scott@westernatv.com
www.westernracesaver.com
WWW   IP Logged
BakoBoyzRacing
Ex Member

Reply #53 - 02/11/10 at 9:19pm

There is ALWAYS room in the "NEW ERA of STREET STOCKS" in the California SS All-Star Shootout and the West Coast SS...2010 is going to be a great start to what looks like a great future for SS in California  Cool

IP Logged
RWDERD
LMR Member

MODIFIEDS

Reply #54 - 02/12/10 at 7:53am

Bubby or whom ever is involved over there.   Thanks for making the way over due updates.  Mainly the bathrooms    many people i know can not stand to go to the track due to the poor conditions for the paying fans.

IP Logged
ObertelloRacing
LMR Senior

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Hollister,CA
Reply #55 - 02/12/10 at 8:00am

Wow, what a grown up adult conversation this turned out to be...

How about us racers work on getting our cars ready, race track operators work on getting the tracks ready. (yes I said race track operators not "promoters")

Then when it comes time to race , us racers will decide where and when we race based on the information that is provided by the track operators.....how that info is passed on is up to them...ie: internet, twitter, another site, myspace, yourspace or maybe a PHONE CALL or two....

Now since I vented a little, Sunday is Valentines Day so be nice to you sweety maybe buy her or him some flowers or something....

Ron Obertello
831-801-4153

Sponsored by: ConFab Corp. , BSB Manufacturing, Hawk Brakes, Steitz Service, Carcerano Cylinder Heads, Jennstar Motorsports, Carly's Performance, WestCoastDirt Racing Promotions by Eric Oldes, Chris's Precision Machine
WWW   IP Logged
mudslinger47
LMR God

Well crap stuck with
the dickweed for
four more

Reply #56 - 02/12/10 at 8:14am

ObertelloRacing wrote on 02/12/10 at 8:00am:
Now since I vented a little, Sunday is Valentines Day so be nice to you sweety maybe buy her or him some flowers or something....

Ron Obertello
831-801-4153

Oh, there you go gittin' all mushey 'n stuff.

But your right,  LOL

Duane

IP Logged
scottwoodhouse
LMR God

Reply #57 - 02/12/10 at 8:25am

Do u deliver to Tulare?  Love ya  Ron!

Scott Woodhouse
559-381-1439
scott@westernatv.com
www.westernracesaver.com
WWW   IP Logged
FASTMIKE
LMR God

CALL US FIRST FIX IT
FAST

Reply #58 - 02/12/10 at 8:31am

Eric you ask how do i feel?

i believe the mistakes that were made that caused this digression in the late model class will be corrected in 12-24 months from now.

i believe that the cooperation of all parties involved(promoters/racers/sponsors) will bring LM's as you saw them in the not so distant past back with more success than that time. that said my benchmark would be average car count during CK's full reign the second year of the WAS.(those #'s are available i am sure...lol)

my mantra here from my very first post here at LMR has been to have solidarity among the drivers and accountability of the promoter by the teams......

one person has demonstrated to me through execution that it can be done and by all appearances today 2-12-10 it is and will happen again.

now this mod thing could be the same thing but not without cooperation and accountability.

my previous comments on this subject come with no apologies....they come with a mirror of reflection of years gone by.....the difference then is that all those gettin bashed came through with all they said they would do and accomplish only to see it sold for a dollar.....

oh yeah and for the record AGAIN.....the purchase was not offered to me or the LM conversation of the RECENT past would not be happening with regards to dirt.....jmo

hope this makes my feeling clear.

btw the koolaide today is strawberry...lol

peace...................................mike

IP Logged
ObertelloRacing
LMR Senior

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Hollister,CA
Reply #59 - 02/12/10 at 8:33am

Tulare has a extra delivery charge of a 12-pack of Coors Light...send me an address and I'll take care of it....

And you know I am kind of a mussy type of guy.....

Sponsored by: ConFab Corp. , BSB Manufacturing, Hawk Brakes, Steitz Service, Carcerano Cylinder Heads, Jennstar Motorsports, Carly's Performance, WestCoastDirt Racing Promotions by Eric Oldes, Chris's Precision Machine
WWW   IP Logged
WESTCOASTDIRT
LMR God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #60 - 02/12/10 at 4:09pm

FASTMIKE wrote on 02/12/10 at 8:31am:

i believe the mistakes that were made that caused this digression in the late model class will be corrected in 12-24 months from now.

i believe that the cooperation of all parties involved(promoters/racers/sponsors) will bring LM's as you saw them in the not so distant past back with more success than that time. that said my benchmark would be average car count during CK's full reign the second year of the WAS.(those #'s are available i am sure...lol)

my mantra here from my very first post here at LMR has been to have solidarity among the drivers and accountability of the promoter by the teams......

one person has demonstrated to me through execution that it can be done and by all appearances today 2-12-10 it is and will happen again.

now this mod thing could be the same thing but not without cooperation and accountability.

my previous comments on this subject come with no apologies....they come with a mirror of reflection of years gone by.....the difference then is that all those gettin bashed came through with all they said they would do and accomplish only to see it sold for a dollar.....

oh yeah and for the record AGAIN.....the purchase was not offered to me or the LM conversation of the RECENT past would not be happening with regards to dirt.....jmo

10-4, that is exactly what I thought you would say. But you also have to remember that the late model teams have to survive yet again because people running things decided to change yet again(hopefully for the good).

Looking forward I have a couple of irons in the fire as well, because I am tired of people changing things every 3 yrs.

IP Logged
mudslinger47
LMR God

Well crap stuck with
the dickweed for
four more

Reply #61 - 02/13/10 at 7:30am

Mike, I hope you are correct. With the economy the way it is there has never been a more crucial time for the promoters and racers to work together for a good show and fair pay. Both sides giving a little and keep the show going is what its going to take. JMO Chet

IP Logged
WESTCOASTDIRT
LMR God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #62 - 02/13/10 at 8:52am

mudslinger47 wrote on 02/13/10 at 7:30am:

Mike, I hope you are correct. With the economy the way it is there has never been a more crucial time for the promoters and racers to work together for a good show and fair pay. Both sides giving a little and keep the show going is what its going to take. JMO Chet

Me as well, but you can only go to the well (teams)so many times and then the well goes dry.
I think someone needs to start a race team association that way the teams as a unit set the tone of their future, not a track, not a promoter and not a series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged
short track fan
LMR Member

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Reply #63 - 02/13/10 at 9:41am

that was tryed in the 70s I belive and to try and get a group of racers to aggree on anything is almost inpossable.But I do arggree that it would be nice to get everyone on the same page,be it racers,owners,promoters.Look at the discussions on just what type of tire to run.If the tracks got togather and set the same rules  it would you rule them or run at another track.I would like to see seversal track(differant promoters) from a association ( like nascar) and  work 100% togahter we just might be working that way
Dean Gray

IP Logged
Bap33
LMR God

Smooth is fast

Reply #64 - 02/13/10 at 4:07pm

The following is just my own ideas and thoughts.  I have no authority to make anything happen.

After reading the last few posts I figured this ..... "hmmm ,so if the mod drivers voted in IMCA by a majority vote, then all parties would agree to sanction this traveling series through IMCA?  Lets do it."
1) Put up the dates and tracks and a scale as to what pay-offs will be vs car counts.
2) The vote is simple - (A) Run as an IMCA Series between the two or three tracks (or more, since Ocean and SMS and Bakers and a few more are IMCA), or (B) Run under non-IMCA rules at the two or three tracks with rules that only apply at the two or three tracks for a year or two.

It should be pretty fair .. the drivers will know when and where the races will be.  The tracks will se that other tracks are not double booking mods on series nights.  The fact that a guy can see those things before he puts his hat in the ring is good

To vote: a driver has to register for the series ($50 or so) and/or pre-enter for 50% or more of the planned events on the series route.  Once the series is voted on and a rule set picked by popular vote, no entry can be returned - meaning that drivers put up the entry to vote and they can either race as the vote outcome descides or they can give up your entry/registration.

Have all involved track promoters/sponsors sign off on this thing too, so they cant back out if the vote does not match their desires.  If they need to see X number of registration cards to agree to race the series, then advertise that amount so all parties understand the minimum number of registrations needed to even run the series - remove the guess work.  If that number of registrations is not met, the series returns all money.  But, if that number is met, the vote stands.  Interested tracks should sign a no competition agreement to keep pouty promoters from running thier chosen rules against the winning vote.  All parties need to agree to live by the vote.

Let the votes be made on the registration cards for the series to remove all doubt and allow for the roster to be filled and known all at once, by all parties.
The registration card would look something like this:
Modified Series Race Series
$XXX fee for 12 race series (best of 10)
50% of $XXX paid on xx/xx/xxxx
Driver: Joe Schmoe - #78, Somewhere Cal.
Choose (A) or (B) by circling (A) or (B) - pick only one:

(A) Series will be an IMCA sanctioned series, drivers will be IMCA registered, points awarded as special series.

(B) Series will be non-sanctioned and will run UMP/WSM style rules.  Track rules prevail.

By paying the fee and turning in this card the undersigned driver agrees to participate under the rule set voted in by the simple majority of all registration cards.  Paying any other license fee required to race is not included.
signed: Joe Schmoe  xx/xx/xxxx

What could be better.  If a guy wants to run this series, he can put up the money to be heard.
That would keep it really simple and avoid a bunch of back room dealing, finger pointing, and wishful thinking.
That would let the track operators know the car counts to expect up-front and  set a purse.
That would let the drivers know the purse up front (remember above where I said the purse should be advertized with the scale vs car counts -- see how that worked out now?)
And the rules were set by the majority vote, by people with skin in the game - the racers, and not by track operators or promoters or financeers.  Guys that do not really have a preference have nothing to lose by paticipating because they would race either way and by pre-registering they can atleast gaurentee a race series.

It is my guess that most mod racers in the valley that are effected by the currect situation would be happy to put up money to have a voice in the series and then support it - as voted on by other paid entants.  Knowing the venues, the dates, and the projected purses vs car counts would make it easy.  Knowing that it will take "X" number of registered drivers to even have the series makes it easy to figure attendance.  Knowing the tracks agree up front to abide by the vote is cool.  One can only ponder what the down-side might be?  I guess it's up to the track operators to figue if putting the cards on the table is a good idea.

We all seem to agree that low purse = low car count.  We also agree that low car count = low purse.  So, lets get all of the numbers in the open. Tracks need X amount of cars to pay X amount of purse.  Ready, go!

P.S. Blaming IMCA for tracks paying low purses, and suggesting there are loads of money being taken from drivers and handed to IMCA is absurd - so lets just skip that poop and move on.  Also, expecting ANY track to pay enough to make the money getting pissed away by some guys on these mods look less than silly, is also absurd.  Time to keep it real folks.

IP Logged
jp80
LMR God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #65 - 02/13/10 at 6:11pm

Sounds very confusing.... Johnny, are you by chance a democrat? ha ha

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.