Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register 10/06/24 at 3:29am

SATURDAY NIGHT RACER
Saturday Night RacerSaturday Night RacerSATURDAY NIGHT RACER › the show goes on!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
the show goes on! (Read 20845 times)
Trinity Motorsports
LMR God

To God Be The Glory!

Re: the show goes on!
Reply #22 - 02/10/10 at 8:20pm

I cannot support a division that is ill gotten game.  Mike had a good thing going....  Greed will be the demise of the once great WSM!

If they are going to pay $3k purse and $100 to start....
Lets assume..

1) 1st Place $1000 (Leaves $2000)

2)10-20th place $100 each = $1100 ( Leaves $900)

3) 2-9th place $112.50 each = $900 (leaves 0)

Wow... lets race for $112.50 for a second place finish!!

Talk about a top heavy purse....
This is trash!!

Here is what we had with the WSM

1-1200
2-600
3-450
4-425
5-350
6-300
7-250
8-200
9-150
10-125
11 thru 22-100
Total Purse $5250
+ $35 show up money to all non qualifiers.
Average car count of 35 cars = an additional $455
Grand Total of $5718.00.... almost double the proposed purse!

I am tired of greedy promoters.  Go sell some advertisement... quit taking if from the racer.  If you cannot afford to pay the purse you can afford to run a track!!

WWW   IP Logged
SawyerRacing98
LMR God

Bakersfield Ca.
Reply #23 - 02/10/10 at 8:52pm

lol see this is why i dont like TROY for comments just like that... hey scottwoodhouse, i appreciate the effort, and i also am very happy there are people like you stepping up for the racers.  as for right now i am excited to see what you guys have set up for us racers... hey troy before you bash, just wait and see what they say when they put out their press release. i am excited to see it.

IP Logged
Mod9Fan
LMR Member

Reply #24 - 02/10/10 at 8:58pm

"GSMRS" Golden State Modified Road Show! Just something a little different.

IP Logged
jp80
LMR God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #25 - 02/10/10 at 8:58pm

70 bucks to enter..... wtf?

IP Logged
SawyerRacing98
LMR God

Bakersfield Ca.
Reply #26 - 02/10/10 at 9:07pm

the golden state modified road show is cool, i like that, it is different

IP Logged
TALON75
LMR God

DO IT INTHE DIRT

Reply #27 - 02/10/10 at 9:10pm

Just call it the Western Series Modifieds, then you don't have to change anything on your schedules as it will still be the WSM !

IP Logged
rickshawII
LMR God

The RickshawII

china lake ca
Reply #28 - 02/10/10 at 10:22pm

i believe i heard Mr. Woodhouse say the total purse was around $5700. thats alot to guarantee without a minimum car count. i wouldnt blame them if they had to make a minimum.
but from what ive heard, the class and structure is very popular among the mod drivers, and should not have a problem filling the field. i would worry about the surrounding IMCA tracks.
if the 3 tracks can work together and keep it going in the same direction it has been, it should continue to build.

CAUSE IT'S FUN!!!!
  IP Logged
rickshawII
LMR God

The RickshawII

china lake ca
Reply #29 - 02/10/10 at 10:23pm

TALON75 wrote on 02/10/10 at 9:10pm:
Just call it the Western Series Modifieds, then you don't have to change anything on your schedules as it will still be the WSM !

"Western States Modifieds"
just throwin it out there..

CAUSE IT'S FUN!!!!
  IP Logged
smartguy
LMR God

Popularity breeds
contempt

North Bay
Reply #30 - 02/10/10 at 11:18pm

"golden state modified road show" has a nice ring to it

Go Fast or Go Home!!!!!!
  IP Logged
RWDERD
LMR Member

MODIFIEDS

Reply #31 - 02/11/10 at 7:18am

golden state modified road show    seems a little long
cut it down   to   golden state modifieds

robby i understand why you want to know the purse   but we pretty much loose money every night anyways.  i guess its just a matter of how much

IP Logged
FASTMIKE
LMR God

CALL US FIRST FIX IT
FAST

Reply #32 - 02/11/10 at 7:18am

Trinity Motorsports wrote on 02/10/10 at 4:33pm:
Before anyone badmouths Mike we should consider what he has done for Modified Racing on the West Coast.  Because he paid 1k to win others are now paying 500 - 600 to win.  Promoters finally realized that money makes the field grow. The purse would have never gone up without someone making it happen and for that we have to thank Mike.  It is hard to commit to something like this, he has a real job and a family.  I cannot imagine the time that he has put into this.  I wouldnt be surprised if it was taken from him to eliminate the middle man.  Things come up and situations change... shoot just this weekend I was going to Arkansas to pick up a car and now I cannot go until the end of the month.  Mike has said stuff when he should have remained quiet... but who hasn't.  Rather than kick someone when they are "down" why dont you get "down" on your knees and pray for him.  Things are tuff right now for a lot of people, Mike works for the State of CA... and you know the state has financial issues right now that have effected his job stability.  

Mike I appreciate you and wish things would have worked like you dreamed.  Not all dreams come true but thanks for sharing your dreams with us!!  

God Bless
Troy Morris Jr.

I will support whatever you promote!!

troy, if the term you used "badmouthed" is directed at my comments i would like to be clear that my comments were fact not opinion......and i prayed for him THEN too for the record.

his effort should be commended.....however his EXECUTION speaks for itself. with his faith in God he will be fine.

peace...........................................mike

p.s. for the record, i would stay clear of a "moniker" that resembled WSM in my humble business opinion.

IP Logged
Trinity Motorsports
LMR God

To God Be The Glory!

Reply #33 - 02/11/10 at 8:22am

What if we all started our sentences like Robby....

I think a lot of threads would start something like this.

I dont like Robby but...

Sorry Robby, I will use less math next time and pictures so you understand.  

WWW   IP Logged
scottwoodhouse
LMR God

Reply #34 - 02/11/10 at 1:28pm

Greedy promoters?  I thought you had a better understanding. Do the math.   How many cars does it take to not lose money with a 5400 purse?  Tulare and Chow both lost money on mods but still want to make a purse that is better than others.

Advertisement!  Shut up!  Advertisers want to see a ROI (look it up). And with so many companies hurting.....easier said than done.

Either race with us or don't.  I will treat ya right and be straight with ya. My number is listed for a reason.  See ya soon

Scott Woodhouse
559-381-1439
scott@westernatv.com
www.westernracesaver.com
WWW   IP Logged
SawyerRacing98
LMR God

Bakersfield Ca.
Reply #35 - 02/11/10 at 1:43pm

RWDERD wrote on 02/11/10 at 7:18am:
golden state modified road show    seems a little long
cut it down   to   golden state modifieds

robby i understand why you want to know the purse   but we pretty much loose money every night anyways.  i guess its just a matter of how much

who are you? and i dont care how much you lose, racers dont make money either... i am sorry such a simple question leads to so much controversy... my question was not, "hey how much money are promoters and racers going to lose this year" lol...

IP Logged
Mod9Fan
LMR Member

Reply #36 - 02/11/10 at 2:20pm

Here's one that fits right in with the rest of the conversations on this thread,

"MR  ALP"  Modified Racers Against Low Purses!    lol

just throwing some humor out there.

IP Logged
scottwoodhouse
LMR God

Reply #37 - 02/11/10 at 2:55pm

Love it!  Lol

Scott Woodhouse
559-381-1439
scott@westernatv.com
www.westernracesaver.com
WWW   IP Logged
Chad11
LMR God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #38 - 02/11/10 at 3:00pm

scottwoodhouse wrote on 02/11/10 at 1:28pm:
Greedy promoters?  I thought you had a better understanding. Do the math.   How many cars does it take to not lose money with a 5400 purse?  Tulare and Chow both lost money on mods but still want to make a purse that is better than others.

Advertisement!  Shut up!  Advertisers want to see a ROI (look it up). And with so many companies hurting.....easier said than done.

Either race with us or don't.  I will treat ya right and be straight with ya. My number is listed for a reason.  See ya soon

The question sould be...."How many FANS does it take to not lose money on a $5400 purse?" If promoters did their job getting fans in the stands, companies would get a better ROI, and racers wouldn't have to pay their own purse. Remember, racers are the show that fans PAY to see.

IP Logged
FASTMIKE
LMR God

CALL US FIRST FIX IT
FAST

Reply #39 - 02/11/10 at 3:53pm

success only comes from harmonious human relationships...think about it.

therfore the promoter has alot of customers to satisfy:

1. the racer

2. the fan

3. the sponsor

with the proper balance they might make a living.

peace.........................................mike

IP Logged
Bubby
LMR Rookie

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Reply #40 - 02/11/10 at 3:53pm

I really dont like to get involved with this message board crap but it does get very irritating sometimes...For one, I dont know anyone on here and I am already being referred to as a "greedy promoter".  Wow...Then Im told to go sell some advertising??? wow wow!!! Giant Chevrolet, Tachi Palace, and Budweiser seems to be a good start...But obviously this racetrack has not had any money invested into it in 10-15 years...We are...Building new bathroom, new beer booth, and demolished concession and building a new one of those...AND we have not even got to the pits yet...Most of you do not know Don or myself, but I would have to say we are far from greedy...Our weekly purse in Micro-Sprints is the most on the West Coast..We know we need racecars to have a racetrack....We know it is our job to promote the place...BUT at the sametime we need to be careful where we throw money...I dont care if we are racing go karts or NASCAR its all a numbers game...Small Numbers vs. BIG  I will let Scott deal with this messageboard because I need to be out selling advertisment...But geez guys.....give us a chance....If the money is there...we can always raise the purse...

IP Logged
rickshawII
LMR God

The RickshawII

china lake ca
Reply #41 - 02/11/10 at 4:00pm

The question sould be...."How many FANS does it take to not lose money on a $5400 purse?" If promoters did their job getting fans in the stands, companies would get a better ROI, and racers wouldn't have to pay their own purse. Remember, racers are the show that fans PAY to see. [/quote]

you are correct chad. the last time i remember the fans being a part of the purse was Merced in 1987. my dad ran his super mod there and i can remember them saying at the drivers meeting that it was a good crowd, so the purse would be good. back then, they raced for a % of the ticket sales.
im not sayin that all the promoters are doing their best, but in their defence, its hard to get people out of their houses any more to actually watch any kind of event. its even effecting nascar, look at the grandstands at most of the races, whole sections empty.
people can see what ever they want on tv, without getting cold or dirty or having to smell the fumes and dust.
oildale is one of the last tracks with a built in clientel of families that have been going there for generations. or maybe tv hasnt hit oildale yet.... Grin

CAUSE IT'S FUN!!!!
  IP Logged
miniguru27
LMR God

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Reply #42 - 02/11/10 at 4:03pm

How about the Western Modified Series?? Just a thought.

IP Logged
scottwoodhouse
LMR God

Reply #43 - 02/11/10 at 4:29pm

Sorry Boss!  I got a lil wound up lol.  We'll have a purse setup that you feel you got a fair shake and that we as tracks don't get discouraged.  Let's wait until the the first check to cast stones then it can be open game.

I put a lot of time into this and wouldn't do it if I thought it wasn't being done in a matter fair to the racers.

I look forward to seeing you guys at the races.

Scott Woodhouse
559-381-1439
scott@westernatv.com
www.westernracesaver.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.