Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register 10/06/24 at 11:23am

SATURDAY NIGHT RACER
Saturday Night RacerTracksPERRIS AUTO SPEEDWAY › Perris Auto Speedway Sport Mods

Pages: 1 2 
Perris Auto Speedway Sport Mods (Read 17056 times)
rickshawII
LMR God

The RickshawII

china lake ca
Perris Auto Speedway Sport Mods
12/16/09 at 10:54am

PAS has takin on the same rules as victorvilles sport mods.
this is gonna be a great class.
now lets get Bako and others on the same page and this class will grow and give a place for the budget guys to race.

http://www.perrisautospeedway.com/site/rules-sportmods.html

CAUSE IT'S FUN!!!!
  IP Logged
Ryan D.
LMR God

Nipomo,Ca
Re: Perris Auto Speedway Sport Mods
Reply #1 - 12/16/09 at 7:08pm

I got some rules questions???
24. ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS: Any American make engine allowed. Steel heads, block and oil pan only. OEM passenger vehicle production block only. No GM Bowtie, Ford SVO or Chrysler W blocks. Flat tappet cam/lifters and stud-mounted rocker arms only. No stud girdles. No mushroom lifters, cannot alter lifter bores. OEM firing order cannot be changed. No crank triggers. All engines must be able to be used in conventional passenger car without alterations. Engine mounts cannot be removed or altered. Castings and fittings must not be changed. No machine work on outside of engine. All belt driven accessories must be on front of engine. ‘Wet’ sump oiling system only. In 2011 this will be a 360 cubic inch max. division.

So you can run any head and intake combo just need the 4412 carb
And no claim/exchange?

22. TRANSMISSION/DRIVE SHAFT: All forward and reverse gears must be operational, plus a neutral position. With engine running and car in still position, driver must be able to engage car in gear and move forward, then backward. Only OEM production transmissions allowed. No ‘in and out’ boxes or quick change devices allowed. Functioning shift levers must be in OEM location. One steel or aluminum OEM style/size flywheel or steel OEM style/size flexplate allowed, must be bolted directly to end of crankshaft.
Automatic: Must remain in OEM or OEM replacement case, with a functioning OEM appearing pump. Aluminum OEM bellhousing may be replaced with aftermarket explosion-proof aluminum bellhousing. Original OEM bellhousing must have approved scatter shield constructed of minimum 0.125-inch by three-inch steel, 270 degrees around flexplate. Manual: Must be unaltered, three or four speed, OEM production case and have a working 7.25 inch minimum diameter, steel and/or aluminum, single or multi-disc clutch and pressure plate bolted directly to flywheel/flexplate. These components must rotate, consistent with engine rpm, while car is in any gear. Must use explosion-proof steel bellhousing with one hole for throw out bearing lever or hose, must be 270 degrees around top of clutch and flywheel/flexplate area. Hydraulic clutch pedal allowed with manual transmission only.

And auto trans cars can run couplers with Ball valves just no clutch pedal allowed correct.

IP Logged
Hud25
LMR Senior

Buena Park, CA
Reply #2 - 12/16/09 at 7:24pm

I have heard that they plan on running them on the small track. Which in my opinion would be a big mistake, the lightning sprints are barely small enough to fit, no banking in it, there would be no passing, and alot of beaten up cars. JMO. I am currently in the process of converting my old car to a sport mod that my younger brother will drive. Would love to run both Perris and victorvile but not if sport mods are on the little track, i will be back at perris with my regular mod regardless, Cant wait for the next season in my New car!

Mike Hudson #25 Modified Sponsored by, Fantasy Muffler,http://www.cfrperformance.com/default.asp , Obnoxious Racing Engines, MW design, http://www.metrofluid.com/ and http://revcoprecision.com/
AIM   IP Logged
varaceway
LMR Rookie

CA
Reply #3 - 12/16/09 at 7:53pm

Ryan D. The answer is yes to your questions . Thanks Mike

WWW   IP Logged
rickshawII
LMR God

The RickshawII

china lake ca
Reply #4 - 12/16/09 at 8:07pm

i havnt raced at perris at all since 1996 or so, and it was on the small track. it wasnt too small. maybe different now. but i like the idea of not having to buy a new gear.
and yes those engine rules sound open, but with the 2bbl, gas and suspension restrictions, it has really made for some equal racing. at least on the small track. i believe on the 1/2 mile you could really take advantage of the big HP.
the idea behind the rules was to make it easy to take an older IMCA car and run it. IMCA Southern Sport Mod would require a completly purpose built car. no hand-me-downs.
im currently running a flat top 350 hobby/street stock motor that only pumps 120# of cranking compression, and i really had no problem running with Kinkade, Gordon, Lathrop or any of the top cars. i will have a little more next season. but in 2011 VAR is cutting them back to 360 ci.
i just hope this takes off at other tracks.

CAUSE IT'S FUN!!!!
  IP Logged
Kdawg
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/16/09 at 9:13pm

What a Cool thing. Any chance of a Vs. series in this?? I think it would draw in more of a crowd if you worked the advertising into a Battle. Like the sidecars next door to VV. High Desert vs Inland Empire, not VV vs Perris. It's too exclusive.\

Good Luck Mike and (perris) Scott I think??

Wonder what SMS and Bako have thought of it all,, if any.

IP Logged
smartguy
LMR God

Popularity breeds
contempt

North Bay
Reply #6 - 12/16/09 at 9:18pm

we dont need anymore classes at SMS IMHO

Go Fast or Go Home!!!!!!
  IP Logged
Kdawg
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 12/16/09 at 9:52pm

smartguy wrote on 12/16/09 at 9:18pm:
we dont need anymore classes at SMS IMHO

Your probably right. I was just thinking how cool it would be to get more tracks to adopt the rules VV and Perris have adopted. I know there is IMCA, but it's not too often you see a home track class get expanded like this. It seems to be so economical as compared to IMCA Mods, and with the economy the way it is, well you know the rest....

I'm solely excited about the possible battles between the tracks. We haven't had anything like this before (to my knowledge), very cool.

IP Logged
mudslinger47
LMR God

Well crap stuck with
the dickweed for
four more

Reply #8 - 12/16/09 at 10:44pm

I don't know about Bako, but its a 4 hr + tow from here, I doubt you'd get much of a draw. If there dollar down for the car, they probably won't want to spend the money towing either.

Duane

I HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, I JUST DON'T HAVE THE ABILITY!!
  IP Logged
Kdawg
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 12/16/09 at 11:10pm

I didn't think about it like that.....

Just something to think about I guess. I mean if it caught on between sms and bako like it seems to be down here, then a special race or two every year would make for a decent car count at those shows.

Less money in the car equals more money to travel eh? But all said and done your 100% correct, running these classes would not bring your weekly show (out of towners) count up.

Simkins Memorial Sport Mod Shoot Out
Bud Nationals Sport Mod Shoot Out
VV Turkey Sport Mod Shoot Out
Perris....sumting sumting LOL
(no offense, if I missed something special about the mentioned shows)

Just a Thought Guys, Nothing More Nothing Less

IP Logged
rickshawII
LMR God

The RickshawII

china lake ca
Reply #10 - 12/17/09 at 7:30am

i agree, a track to track deal would be cool, but each track needs to build a home base of cars first. maybe a season or two.
i think its inevitable that most tracks will have a sport mod class very soon, to help bridge the gap between hobby/street and imca mod. i once thought that was the super street class, but that class is going to get out of hand im afraid.
i just hope the tracks stay with similar rules when they go sport mod.

CAUSE IT'S FUN!!!!
  IP Logged
SoCalDirtBoy
LMR Rookie

Reply #11 - 12/18/09 at 3:21pm

You really think Perris needs another class???!!!

The Mods were only bringing 5-6 car for the last 4-5 races
They already run 7 classes a night
They have one of the highest  Pit Fees, plus you must PAY to draw a Pea
They don't pay, your checks are always at least a month out
There is always a threat they are closing, switching to Off-Road, . .
Even the big Sprint races don't even draw the teams anymore (Lost WoO)

IP Logged
Kdawg
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 12/18/09 at 3:24pm

Didn't realize Perris ever had World of Warcraft (WoW)..........$10 this poster is under 17......Thanks for Playing

IP Logged
SoCalDirtBoy
LMR Rookie

Reply #13 - 12/18/09 at 3:27pm

OK, I will take your money

Quote:
Didn't realize Perris ever had World of Warcraft (WoW)..........$10 this poster is under 17......Thanks for Playing

IP Logged
SoCalDirtBoy
LMR Rookie

Reply #14 - 12/18/09 at 3:30pm

1-Lap Track Records
Class      Driver      Time      Date
World Of Outlaws      Danny Lasoski      13.875      2/23/02

http://www.perrisautospeedway.com/site/records.html

IP Logged
Kdawg
Ex Member

Reply #15 - 12/18/09 at 5:13pm

You Changed it , but either way come get your money tough guy.

IP Logged
SoCalDirtBoy
LMR Rookie

Reply #16 - 12/18/09 at 5:34pm

I will tap on your shoulder at VV next season Wink

Quote:
You Changed it , but either way come get your money tough guy.

IP Logged
ScottDaloisio
LMR Senior

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #17 - 12/18/09 at 9:53pm

SoCalDirtBoy wrote on 12/18/09 at 3:21pm:

You know, I do not read this or many other message boards that much anymore because of crap like this.  People posting false trash while hiding behind a screen name and causing problems.  Just to set the record straight and correct some of the garbage this person has posted, read below.

The PAS had ONE Modified race later in the year that only had four cars.  Beside that, there were normally 10 cars or more.  

Of the nine PASSCAR nights on our schedule for 2010, five of the nights have less than seven divisions.  It was even less in 2009.  And, you are normally out between 9:30 and 10:00 PM.

Yes, The PAS charges a higher pit fee than most and a pill pick fee.  Look at the facility.  How many facilities have a 60,000 watt digital sound system?  How many track have daytime bright seamless lighting?  That is just scratching the surface.  Stuff like that costs money to operate.  It costs more to operate The PAS than most dirt tracks in the nation.  Add to that, it is on a fairgrounds and the state gets a nice cut of every single item sold (ticket, pit pass, soda, hot dog, t-shirts etc).  Yes, the pay is sometimes slower than most tracks, but have you ever heard of one racer not getting paid or of a check being bounced?  ABSOLUTELY NOT!  

The only threats of The PAS closing or switching to full time Off Road comes from the  simplistic minds of message board gossip mongers making crap up!

"Even the big Sprint races don't even draw the teams anymore (Lost WoO)."  How do you dream this crap up?  The PAS is home track to the second biggest 410 Non Wing Sprint Car Series (USAC/CRA) in the nation.  And, The PAS never, "lost WoO."  The PAS elected not to have the WoO back for a couple of reasons.  One is the date.  They normally want to come in February during the rainy season.  You lose that race due to weather and you lose all of your advertising dollars and the Southern California advertising rates are the second highest in the nation.  Second reason is the attendance draw.  Running them every year does not payoff.  This is non wing country and the local fans do not support them.  They will be back in the future.  

Message boards had better start taking notice to the careless posts people (most of whom hide behind screen names) put up.  They cause DAMAGE!  They cause damage to racers, sponsors (team and track) and tracks.  One person writes it and others pick up on it believing it is the truth and they spread it on.  And, that does damage to fans, too.  You do not believe that, look at The PAS Late Model class that was canned before the 2009 season.  They were on the 2009 PAS schedule, but were taken off.  And, mouths running and the constant whining on this board - many of whom never or were seldom at The PAS - had a lot to do with it.  

Once again, it is not just this board or just this sport.  Message boards, being populated and manipulated by gossip mongers, due damage to every subject where there is a board.  Sooner or later boards are going to have to be cleaned up.  They are all out of control with ridiculous rumors and falsehoods people can post just because they have a whim to do so.  

Sorry for going off, but I am sick and tired of this rubbish hurting all kinds of hard working people within the sport (racers, owners, sponsors, sanctioning bodies, tracks and fans).

Scott Daloisio

IP Logged
SoCalDirtBoy
LMR Rookie

Reply #18 - 12/18/09 at 10:37pm

So you are saying you are pleased with a car count of 10?
10/3 - 5 cars
10/24 - 8 cars
11/21 - 8 cars

Look at SMS and VAS, why do you think they draw 24+ cars? I know drivers living in Riverside that are driving 3+ hours to race, rather then drive 25 mins

So when I arrive, is it alright that pay late? Why is it ok to get paid late? Money is coming in to the gate??

For a PREMIER track, sure are some empty pits and STANDS

IP Logged
ScottDaloisio
LMR Senior

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #19 - 12/19/09 at 5:41am

SoCalDirtBoy wrote on 12/18/09 at 10:37pm:
So you are saying you are pleased with a car count of 10?
10/3 - 5 cars
10/24 - 8 cars
11/21 - 8 cars

Look at SMS and VAS, why do you think they draw 24+ cars? I know drivers living in Riverside that are driving 3+ hours to race, rather then drive 25 mins

So when I arrive, is it alright that pay late? Why is it ok to get paid late? Money is coming in to the gate??

For a PREMIER track, sure are some empty pits and STANDS

Since you seem to be getting your car counts off The PAS website to perpetuate this crap, you are forgetting that cars that are non members do not score points.  Therefore they are not showing up in the point count.  

Done with it.  Just wanted to make a point of people posting anything thing they darn well please - whether it is true or not - and getting away with it while hiding behind a screen name.  

Scott Daloisio

IP Logged
rickshawII
LMR God

The RickshawII

china lake ca
Reply #20 - 12/19/09 at 9:42am

like i said before, i have only been to perris one time. and that was the first ever stock car race. we were dissapointed with enough stuff that we have never gone back.

but heres what i see.... Big Changes...
it looks to me like all the classes have been rebuilt to mirror successful classes at other tracks.
and the sport mod class was designed to give someone an affordable way to race a mod. so comparing the full mods to this class in any way is apples to oranges.

every track has its problems, you just need to decide if they are bad enough to make you stay away. nobody is holding a gun to your head to race. you have a choice..

i will try a race at the pas, maybe more if i like it.

but give it a chance. maybe someone is really trying to make a change.

CAUSE IT'S FUN!!!!
  IP Logged
Art
LMR Member

Do something useful

Reply #21 - 12/19/09 at 3:54pm

SoCalDirtBoy wrote on 12/18/09 at 3:21pm:

Scott is right, its guys like you that talk sh-t  that hurt the sport,  in today's economy businesses are going out daily, you should want your track to be profitable so they can stay in business and provide a place for you to race, you guys will be sucking hind tit when your track drops your class or closes, as for the pas its a nice facility but every track has its procedures & rules and no one is forced to race there, i spent many nights at the pas and lots of other guys like racing there too  

Perris has got to have the highest cost of operation of any of the tracks here in Ca, over the last 10 years how many times have the other tracks had to restructure and get new promotors, (lots)  its easy to see that the pas has the most successful operation going, remember its a business, not just a place for a certain class to think they own, they no longer race 2 classes that I spent a lot of money on to race, am I bitter ?    no.    it was a business decision, I admire the fact that they are able to do what is necessary to survive and reinvent their show to remain profitable

socaldirtyboy just because your driving career has passed you buy is no reason to try to discourage others from racing at the pas,  you had your time in the sun, why not let others have theirs too, your posts are always self centered and selfish, don't you think its time to let it go

I need to make one more point

some of you guys that talk neck all the time think this message board was put here for you to do that...WRONG

this board is a place for you to get information, this board is someone's BUISNESS, be it large or small (and that's none of your buisness) its a place where someone makes part of his living, when you come on here and talk neck about the tracks you not only show how stupid you are but you chase away some people that might actually contribute to the sport, it will be good to see what rules are posted for the new year concerning post content

I am sure none of you would like to have your business  scrutinized in the manner that you subject others to

So just for a day, try to treat people with the same respect you would like from them, instead of acting like a idiot

YIM | AIM   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.