Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register 10/22/24 at 3:32am

SATURDAY NIGHT RACER
Saturday Night RacerTracksSANTA MARIA RACEWAY › 2010 Santa Maria Speedway Enduro

Pages: 1 2 3 
2010 Santa Maria Speedway Enduro (Read 25625 times)
Winland_Racing
LMR Member

I want to race!

Santa Clara
Re: 2010 Santa Maria Speedway Enduro
Reply #22 - 12/03/09 at 8:41pm

If you get 4-6 races out of a car your probably doing pretty good,  once in a while your gonna fold one up beyond repair.... That is the idea of the class....  

Most of us are getting 3-6 years at minimum 10 races a year!  The rules evolved because people cant afford to build cars 2x a year based on your 6 race theory.

Either way, I am sure the enduros will be a success, I am just trying to voice the opinion of enduro racers that actually have cars and run em regurarily, not based on a 20 years ago car count.....

WWW   IP Logged
Frazier15
LMR God

I wanna go fast

CA
Reply #23 - 12/03/09 at 9:35pm

Winland_Racing wrote on 12/03/09 at 8:41pm:
If you get 4-6 races out of a car your probably doing pretty good,  once in a while your gonna fold one up beyond repair.... That is the idea of the class....  

Most of us are getting 3-6 years at minimum 10 races a year!  The rules evolved because people cant afford to build cars 2x a year based on your 6 race theory.

Either way, I am sure the enduros will be a success, I am just trying to voice the opinion of enduro racers that actually have cars and run em regurarily, not based on a 20 years ago car count.....

Winland-

I think he is trying to stay in the spirit of a traditional enduro car. I looked at your rules. Although they seem to be a fair set of rules, they go to far in my opinion for what a traditional enduro car should be.

Some of your rules reflect performance enhancing items- not just durability.

A few that I noticed-

Aftermarket radiators--Opens the door to aluminum radiators.

Locked rear ends--

Racing springs--

Water tanks--

Although we may disagree on some of the above items as being an advantage, there is also the cost, and time needed to add these items.

You car rules appear to be more of a factory or pure stock car-- or are at least headed in that direction.

You have a great thing going with what you guys are doing-- i'm not knocking what you got going. But I tend to think he is trying to create an event that will attract the non-racer average guy, that can put together a car in his back yard for relatively cheap, and come have fun.

I think it's a great way for the speedway to attract new racers and increase car counts--- todays rookie enduro guy could be tomorrows hobby stock racer if he gets the bug.

Keep it simple, cheap, and affordable.

JMO

Mazak..Carquest...Sully And Son hydraulics...AMC Machine...Gils transmission...Industrial Automotive Machine...Cal Coast Recovery...Industrial Radiator...OEC Inc... [img]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i207/FRZR15/Specialty20
  IP Logged
mudslinger47
LMR God

Well crap stuck with
the dickweed for
four more

Reply #24 - 12/03/09 at 10:54pm

rickshawII wrote on 12/03/09 at 7:33am:
mudslinger47 wrote on 12/02/09 at 10:43pm:
I ran the same car atleast 4 times, no loop front or rear. DON"T add dollars to the car, folks can't afford it right now.  If you have a cow catcher on the front you'll be a bull dozer, if you don't you'll be a smidge more careful.

JMO   Duane

40 ft of tubing is around $50 depending on where you are.
and a little time and effort...doesnt sound expensive at all.
and im not talking about cow catchers,,, just frame support.
but i will build a new car if we decide to come, no big deal.
i just really enjoyed the victorville enduro and cant wait to run another.

I'm bettin' Chris will do alright with this deal, early is the key.  Lookin' for a monte carlo as we speak.

Duane

I HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, I JUST DON'T HAVE THE ABILITY!!
  IP Logged
Winland_Racing
LMR Member

I want to race!

Santa Clara
Reply #25 - 12/04/09 at 7:28am

I agree, we as a group have debated the traditional rules with the reality for years.  We then had to be realistic with what was out there and kind of adapted the rules accordingly.

I 100% agree it is for the entry level type of guy to get into racing on a cheap dime, the same concept as the mini stock class which has gotten so popular over the last bunch of years.

As the President of West Coast Enduro, I am trying to do my due diligence in supporting my group and all the work we, and I personally have done for the sport of enduro.

We have a long time before the season, I am sure Chris will advise if we wants to allow the WCE cars to run the race, if not, thats fine too.  As stated before, I am sure it will be succsssful as everything he has touched has worked out very well.

You are all fortunate to have a local track that is run well, my closest track in 1.5 hours away with most tracks up to 3-4 hours.....

Race on!!

WWW   IP Logged
R.Denman14
LMR Senior

Lets Get R Done

CA.
Reply #26 - 12/04/09 at 6:20pm

Lookin' for a monte carlo as we speak.

Duane [/quote]

Good luck with that Duane. They are getting real hard to find these.
Most of the cars that are good and competitive for enduro racing just are not easy to find. And when you do find one, cant get it for 100 bucks anymore. Thats why you have to build the car you have as strong as the rules allow so you can keep racing it. I like the WCE rules and hope my car, along with other 4 cars in Coalinga can race SMS next year.

Chris give me a call when you can.

IP Logged
THAD77
LMR Rookie

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #27 - 12/04/09 at 8:18pm

I find this too fuuny. My Monte is 10 plus years old. never had a front hoop. But I did reclip it once about 5 years ago. It started as an enduro car in 1998 and ran many years as a fatory stock. if your going bend up a car hoop or not its going to bend. I like the rules keep it basic and stock. I'll be cutting out the rear hoop if needed and making any other changes to meet these rules. I do have a few questions though? battery placement? is the trunk ok? removable/ quick release steering wheels? springs stock type or stock for make and model? sway bars?

IP Logged
ministocker56
LMR God

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Reply #28 - 12/04/09 at 8:33pm

like i said in a earlyer post back the last time sms had an enduro we ran 250 lap's & nobody back then had a front or rear cage

IP Logged
mudslinger47
LMR God

Well crap stuck with
the dickweed for
four more

Reply #29 - 12/04/09 at 11:48pm

R.Denman14 wrote on 12/04/09 at 6:20pm:
 Lookin' for a monte carlo as we speak.

Duane

Good luck with that Duane. They are getting real hard to find these.
Most of the cars that are good and competitive for enduro racing just are not easy to find. And when you do find one, cant get it for 100 bucks anymore. Thats why you have to build the car you have as strong as the rules allow so you can keep racing it. I like the WCE rules and hope my car, along with other 4 cars in Coalinga can race SMS next year.

Chris give me a call when you can.
[/quote]

True dat!!!!    But I got this buddy in the boondocks (out of the state of callyfornia) that may just help me out.

Duane

IP Logged
R.Denman14
LMR Senior

Lets Get R Done

CA.
Reply #30 - 12/05/09 at 7:33am

Sweet Duane if you need somebody to go and help you out let me know, got love them kind of buddies. lol

Thad, my car has no hoops just simple radiator and front fender support just like Bakos american stocks but I would hate to have to try and remove it to put the stock support back in.

IP Logged
Ryan D.
LMR God

Nipomo,Ca
Reply #31 - 12/05/09 at 9:14am

Rules say miniuim 6pt roll cage. Does this mean your allowed 2 down tubes to the rear or the front. We need a diagram like the old SMS rules.

IP Logged
michael_redding
LMR Rookie

Reply #32 - 12/05/09 at 10:43am

I have raced this class all over for 8 years and its been fun but its not how much $ you have in the car its a lot of hours going over your car to be ready for a 200 laper.and i meen  checking every think. its inportant if your going 200 laps. second the track is mud and slop so horse power is out. and driving skills help to. your going 200 laps do your home work drive smart and save your tires and keep her cool . if your buy a $ 600.00 car out of somebodys back yard and go 8 hour drive to get there.  $200 in gas 2 night room 180  $80 in gas for the racer car. entry fee 130. pit pass 35. thats a lot to speed. I would not go to that race and put it in my car so  that i might make it 200 laps .i think american stocks and factorys should run to . i do not have a money car.or big power.the last hanford race i ran 80 laps with only 6 holes fireing and sill won. if thay slop and mud that track down and it stays sloppy we are all  equal. i use my brain not my foot. so lets all go and have fun next year. good idea chris mud her down

IP Logged
mudslinger47
LMR God

Well crap stuck with
the dickweed for
four more

Reply #33 - 12/05/09 at 11:31am

Ryan D. wrote on 12/05/09 at 9:14am:
Rules say miniuim 6pt roll cage. Does this mean your allowed 2 down tubes to the rear or the front. We need a diagram like the old SMS rules.

Now that would be getting creative with the rules, but I'd be bettin' its to the rear.  No reinforcement in the front, wouldn't to down tubes to the front be reinforcement?

Duane

IP Logged
Ryan D.
LMR God

Nipomo,Ca
Reply #34 - 12/06/09 at 8:43am

All I know is rules are min.6 point and a enduro cage only has 4 points.

IP Logged
mudslinger47
LMR God

Well crap stuck with
the dickweed for
four more

Reply #35 - 12/06/09 at 9:45am

Well, you go ahead and put your down tubes to the front, but bring a hack saw, I'm bettin' you'll need it. The down tubes we used to run went to the frame kick-ups at the rear axle.  Why make it difficult when you obviously know better?

Duane

IP Logged
ministocker56
LMR God

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Reply #36 - 12/06/09 at 2:33pm

all dippened's on how safe you want to be , i would think rear kicker's would be fine long as then did'nt go past the rear fire wall , now the front , i remember helping some guy's it was alound to have bar's in the front but not past the back of the a-arm's

IP Logged
NAILIT
LMR God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #37 - 12/06/09 at 4:42pm

It dippeneds on if you are running a sub frame car or a full framed car....

Isn't the down tubes to the back primarily  for the sub frame cars?

"ONE MORE LAP YOU WOULD HAVE HAD HIM"

WWW   IP Logged
Frazier15
LMR God

I wanna go fast

CA
Reply #38 - 12/07/09 at 1:12pm

My guess is that the 2 extra "points" are to the rear, staying on the interior side of the rear firewall.

Example-- full framed coil car, you shoot from the mid-level  horizontal bars on the "B" posts back and down to the upturn in the rear frame, which is right below the stock sheetmetal, in line with the wheel wells-

So when you look in the trunk, you actually don't see the bars, they hit the frame before the axle centerline-- they only go past the stock rear firewall an inch at the most.

IMHO

Mazak..Carquest...Sully And Son hydraulics...AMC Machine...Gils transmission...Industrial Automotive Machine...Cal Coast Recovery...Industrial Radiator...OEC Inc... [img]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i207/FRZR15/Specialty20
  IP Logged
brummi5050
LMR Rookie

Nipomo,CA
Reply #39 - 12/07/09 at 8:42pm

Also wondering about seatbelts. Can they be in good shape but out of date belts or current? And if I come up with a car that has no motor, how do we keep everything"stock"? These rules are pretty vague and leave too much to interpretation. They cant expect everyone to find cherry one owner cars that have everything in the engine compartment. We are gettin excited and ready to build a few!

IP Logged
Ryan D.
LMR God

Nipomo,Ca
Reply #40 - 12/07/09 at 9:28pm

brummi5050 wrote on 12/07/09 at 8:42pm:
Also wondering about seatbelts. Can they be in good shape but out of date belts or current? !

Crow used to have a reweb program and the had a deal to turn in your outdated belts for new ones. I know were all trying to save a buck or two. But seat belts are cheap and Crow still has his program going on way too cheap to worry about old belts.

IP Logged
Chris Kearns
LMR God

Reply #41 - 12/09/09 at 9:00pm

Frazier15 wrote on 12/07/09 at 1:12pm:
My guess is that the 2 extra "points" are to the rear, staying on the interior side of the rear firewall.

Example-- full framed coil car, you shoot from the mid-level  horizontal bars on the "B" posts back and down to the upturn in the rear frame, which is right below the stock sheetmetal, in line with the wheel wells-

So when you look in the trunk, you actually don't see the bars, they hit the frame before the axle centerline-- they only go past the stock rear firewall an inch at the most.

IMHO

Bingo, on the 2 extra points.

I will make a decision on the seat belts after I talk to some of the companies here at PRI

I dont think the rules are vague STOCK. I guess Chrome air cleaners and valve covers are ok, but thats all.

I am looking into the front bar deal. Maybe bars for your radiator and fender supports, but nothing connected to the hoop or going thru the firewall. I will let you guys know when I have made a decision

My plan for the purse is 100% payback on entree fee. More info later

WWW   IP Logged
rickshawII
LMR God

The RickshawII

china lake ca
Reply #42 - 12/10/09 at 9:23am

the radiator and fenders are bolt on parts. my concern is the frame structure. i would rather let the radiator go unprotected and support the base structure of the car. jmo.

CAUSE IT'S FUN!!!!
  IP Logged
Winland_Racing
LMR Member

I want to race!

Santa Clara
Reply #43 - 12/10/09 at 1:53pm

Here is a picture of what I propose with the radiator bar being seperate from the cage to frame bars.

Here is an example of the rear fuel cell bar being seperate from the rear frame rail kick outs.

Here is proof that both still give,one included a visit to the frame shop.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.