Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register 10/22/24 at 3:51am

SATURDAY NIGHT RACER
Saturday Night RacerTracksSANTA MARIA RACEWAY › 2010 Santa Maria Speedway Enduro

Pages: 1 2 3 
2010 Santa Maria Speedway Enduro (Read 25655 times)
Chris Kearns
LMR God

2010 Santa Maria Speedway Enduro
11/28/09 at 9:08pm

There are 2 Enduros scheduled at Santa Maria next season. May 22nd and Oct 2nd. Rules have been posted at www.RaceSantaMariaSpeedway.com Go to team info-rules

WWW   IP Logged
fan_of_4p
LMR God

Where's the next
race?

Re: 2010 Santa Maria Speedway Enduro
Reply #1 - 11/28/09 at 11:19pm

man does this guy ever stop promoting his race track?
it's the off season CK take a break.. lol jk you are PROMOTOR of the year in 2009.

IP Logged
rickybobby33x
LMR God

Iwant to go fast

Reply #2 - 11/29/09 at 10:18am

Thanks chris ..............looks like I might keep the chevelle afterall................................BRING IT.................pete..... Wink

IP Logged
Winland_Racing
LMR Member

I want to race!

Santa Clara
Reply #3 - 11/29/09 at 11:52am

How many laps?  200?

WWW   IP Logged
Chris Kearns
LMR God

Reply #4 - 11/29/09 at 5:17pm

200 or 250. Not sure yet.

WWW   IP Logged
rickshawII
LMR God

The RickshawII

china lake ca
Reply #5 - 11/29/09 at 11:28pm

mini and full size?

CAUSE IT'S FUN!!!!
  IP Logged
ka_jd7and1
LMR God

Bakersfield, CA
Reply #6 - 11/30/09 at 7:06am

From the rules currently posted looks like full-size.

http://www.racesantamariaspeedway.com/Uploads/Rules-%20Enduro.pdf

IP Logged
rickshawII
LMR God

The RickshawII

china lake ca
Reply #7 - 11/30/09 at 8:44am

without a front or rear hoop  to protect the chassis, it might as well be a destruction derby car.
seriously, say no reinforcing of any suspension components, and no visible bars from outsise the car. thats all bolt-on stuff. the frame gets bent,,,your out an enduro car. you also have a ton of older factory stocks laying around Santa Maria im sure, that are not competetive any more. alot of those kind of cars were reserected for the victorville enduro.
just my thoughts.
im lazy, and dont like building cars. maybe thats just me.

CAUSE IT'S FUN!!!!
  IP Logged
Winland_Racing
LMR Member

I want to race!

Santa Clara
Reply #8 - 11/30/09 at 8:54am

I have to agree, I hope the plan is to adopt West Coast Enduro rules for those of us that have built our cars to that rules package, in addition, about 8 tracks in the state use our rules.
It states air cleaner and filter are the only changebale parts, what about valve covers with the breathers (the 39$ model at speedway).  We are allowed front radiator protection, 2 points of contact to the frame, not further out than the bumper and no higher than the radiator, cant be connected to main cage, we are also allowed bars from cage to frame area and a rear fuel cell hoop, again only 2 points of contact, not connected to the cage.

Keep in mind, this is an event, which sounds like less of a race and more of what the fans want to see, if that is the case, then allow all equal type cars to the playing field, 250 laps is the equalizer. 7" street tires in mud....let em run!

WWW   IP Logged
Ryan D.
LMR God

Nipomo,Ca
Reply #9 - 12/01/09 at 10:43pm

rickshawII wrote on 11/30/09 at 8:44am:
without a front or rear hoop  to protect the chassis, it might as well be a destruction derby car.
seriously, say no reinforcing of any suspension components, and no visible bars from outsise the car. thats all bolt-on stuff. the frame gets bent,,,your out an enduro car. you also have a ton of older factory stocks laying around Santa Maria im sure, that are not competetive any more. alot of those kind of cars were reserected for the victorville enduro.
just my thoughts.

Theres a ton of old factory stocks lying around????? Really maybe I could find my old car then. There may be a few maybe 10 tops. I do agree with winland about the W.C. enduro rules though. With all the talk about everyone bening on the same rules package that should be a no brainer. Also if you dont like rules dont race it, Im looking already for a car rules seem fare to me. And as far as beening out a enduro car Oh well I could wad up a 500.00 enduro car just as Quick as a 10k mod Its all in the luck BRO.

IP Logged
ministocker56
LMR God

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Reply #10 - 12/01/09 at 10:58pm

last time santa maria had any Enduro's we did'nt run a front & or rear hoop

IP Logged
brummi5050
LMR Rookie

Nipomo,CA
Reply #11 - 12/02/09 at 12:25pm

That is true. Hell the first few years of the factory stock class didnt have the hoops. Here we go again!!

IP Logged
Daves_53c_19
LMR Rookie

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #12 - 12/02/09 at 2:10pm

The enduro ruies are the same as the american stocks rules at bako
i am good Cheesy

IP Logged
Chris Kearns
LMR God

Reply #13 - 12/02/09 at 10:24pm

rickshawII wrote on 11/30/09 at 8:44am:
just my thoughts.

I know being positive on here is not one of your strong points, but let me clear it up for you. Going by the rules, brought Santa Maria as many as 143 enduro cars at one event and they were not demolition derbys. You dont like my street stock rules because they are to open and you dont like my enduro rules because they are to stock. Wow, your pretty tough to please.

Where do you race?

WWW   IP Logged
mudslinger47
LMR God

Well crap stuck with
the dickweed for
four more

Reply #14 - 12/02/09 at 10:43pm

I ran the same car atleast 4 times, no loop front or rear. DON"T add dollars to the car, folks can't afford it right now.  If you have a cow catcher on the front you'll be a bull dozer, if you don't you'll be a smidge more careful.

JMO   Duane

I HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, I JUST DON'T HAVE THE ABILITY!!
  IP Logged
smartguy
LMR God

Popularity breeds
contempt

North Bay
Reply #15 - 12/02/09 at 10:50pm

darn it, i knew i shouldnt have gotten rid of my old town car     lol    Grin

Go Fast or Go Home!!!!!!
  IP Logged
ministocker56
LMR God

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Reply #16 - 12/02/09 at 11:35pm

actuly that year or night they did start 143 car's & i was car 143

IP Logged
NAILIT
LMR God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #17 - 12/03/09 at 5:59am

mudslinger47 wrote on 12/02/09 at 10:43pm:
I ran the same car atleast 4 times, no loop front or rear. DON"T add dollars to the car, folks can't afford it right now.  If you have a cow catcher on the front you'll be a bull dozer, if you don't you'll be a smidge more careful.

JMO   Duane

I agree....  adding front and rear loops just increases the cost and labor involved.   these are ENDURO  races  not 200 lap factory stock race! . You got to take care of the radiator to survive....
Most important is to make sure the driver is protected.. with a cage  and plate steel on the door bars,  with a quality seat and belts.....
If you get 4-6 races out of a car your probably doing pretty good,  once in a while your gonna fold one up beyond repair.... That is the idea of the class....

"ONE MORE LAP YOU WOULD HAVE HAD HIM"

WWW   IP Logged
rickshawII
LMR God

The RickshawII

china lake ca
Reply #18 - 12/03/09 at 7:33am

mudslinger47 wrote on 12/02/09 at 10:43pm:

JMO   Duane

40 ft of tubing is around $50 depending on where you are.
and a little time and effort...doesnt sound expensive at all.
and im not talking about cow catchers,,, just frame support.
but i will build a new car if we decide to come, no big deal.
i just really enjoyed the victorville enduro and cant wait to run another.

CAUSE IT'S FUN!!!!
  IP Logged
Winland_Racing
LMR Member

I want to race!

Santa Clara
Reply #19 - 12/03/09 at 7:37am

Well, it is your track and your rules, you get to do what you want.  I still think the suggestion to adopt WCE rules is a valid suggestion.  It is just a way for a guy to protect his equipment if he/she does get into a big one.

I have been wanting to race there for about 10 years, used to try and get the old mgmt. team there to have enduros and they just kept telling me that it wasnt on their schedule.

Maybe in lieu of an enduro, I will just run one of the longer pure stock shows you have and become a back of the packer!

In the mean time, I will advise the 200 members of our WCE Yahoo groups (yes only about 8-10 would tow out there) that the rules are different than ours, which honestly will probably keep them home.

Again, if you get 140 cars, then you wont need our measly car counts.

In a way I applaud you going back to the true basics of an enduro car, but like every class of racing on earth, we have evolved!  We are yesterdays pure stocks.

WWW   IP Logged
Winland_Racing
LMR Member

I want to race!

Santa Clara
Reply #20 - 12/03/09 at 8:35am

One other thought I had, In the last 10 years, the largest enduro race was at Altamont in early 2000 or 2001, there were 72 cars.  Even in Watsonvilles hayday of late 90's, early 2000, they would get about 60 cars.  Going back 20 years to Baylands, 1986 to about the time they closed, early 90's, they had up to 212 cars.

Most of our races today only get about 20-35 cars, although Stockton99 on New Years Eve is looking to be a good show with $2000.00 to win.  I think they will ACTUALLY will pay what they advertise because they should get the car counts.  We are hoping for 50.

WWW   IP Logged
R.Denman14
LMR Senior

Lets Get R Done

CA.
Reply #21 - 12/03/09 at 6:24pm

Chris, I would like to have my car checked asap to see if everything is ok. I could bring it to you or take pictures, whatever you like.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.