Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register 10/22/24 at 12:26am

SATURDAY NIGHT RACER
Saturday Night RacerTracksSANTA MARIA RACEWAY › 2010 WEST COAST STREET STOCK RULES

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
2010 WEST COAST STREET STOCK RULES (Read 62332 times)
flagdude
LMR Member

SMS 2015 was
AWESOME! 2016 better
yet!

Solvang, CA
Re: 2010 WEST COAST STREET STOCK RULES
Reply #66 - 10/24/09 at 8:29am

Hogracer, if the Boss says you gotta wear pink underwear on the outside of your pants, then yup, it's his sandbox, and you gotta wear pink underwear...... it sucks, but if Chris tells me I gotta wear pink underwear when I flag at HIS racetrack, then you will either see me in pink underwear (not a pretty sight) or you will not see me at all (my choice).

And as for the comparison between Swindell and Chris Kearns, I have worked for both of them, and Chris beats him as a better person, boss, and gentleman than Swindell hands down. I will continue to work for Chris, and I quit Swindell after one season.

MSN | YIM   IP Logged
hogracer3d
LMR God

We bust our a$$ to
kick yours-!!!

Reply #67 - 10/24/09 at 10:51am

True, since it's his sand box.

But if he treated you like that, he would likely find himself in a discrimination or labor lawsuit so fast it would make his head spin.

And he would loose, then be lucky to have his sandbox for another year.

Again, just a anaolgy

DSClaimer: I have no DNA evidence that my post is absolutely 100% true and accurate, and frankly don't care !
  IP Logged
Chris Kearns
LMR God

Reply #68 - 10/24/09 at 11:33am

flagdude wrote on 10/24/09 at 8:29am:
Hogracer, if the Boss says you gotta wear pink underwear on the outside of your pants, then yup, it's his sandbox, and you gotta wear pink underwear...... it sucks, but if Chris tells me I gotta wear pink underwear when I flag at HIS racetrack, then you will either see me in pink underwear

Good to know!

WWW   IP Logged
hogracer3d
LMR God

We bust our a$$ to
kick yours-!!!

Reply #69 - 10/24/09 at 11:42am

A pink underware'd flagman would put butts in the stands

lol

DSClaimer: I have no DNA evidence that my post is absolutely 100% true and accurate, and frankly don't care !
  IP Logged
Missle Motorsports
LMR God

Sportsman &
Modified #57m

Racecar Ranch, Calif.Foothills
Reply #70 - 10/24/09 at 11:44am

So if you build a  SS under the New SMS 2010 rules, is that car now locked into racing @ SMS only, or would that car be Legal to race at other Calif. Tracks, under their current E/W Style Rules still?

WWW | YIM   IP Logged
hogracer3d
LMR God

We bust our a$$ to
kick yours-!!!

Reply #71 - 10/24/09 at 11:44am

chassieguy wrote on 10/23/09 at 9:21pm:
The rules change makes it easier for a IMCA Stock guy to race this class.  All I need to do is change carb and can be probably a top 5 car with out having to buy 600 dollars in tires.

OK, but 20 other cars do have to buy $600 in tires to race

IP Logged
mijo4
LMR Senior

THE MIJO SPECIAL-
GETS EM EVERY TIME

SANTA MARIA
Reply #72 - 10/24/09 at 12:17pm

..... it sucks, but if Chris tells me I gotta wear pink underwear when I flag at HIS racetrack, then you will either see me in pink underwear (not a pretty sight) or you will not see me at all (my choice).

WOULD THAT BE A THONG OR JUST GRANNYS- ROFLMDAO
     MIJO

FOUNDING MEMBER OF CAMP WTF
  IP Logged
mudslinger47
LMR God

Well crap stuck with
the dickweed for
four more

Reply #73 - 10/24/09 at 12:25pm

mijo4 wrote on 10/24/09 at 12:17pm:
..... it sucks, but if Chris tells me I gotta wear pink underwear when I flag at HIS racetrack, then you will either see me in pink underwear (not a pretty sight) or you will not see me at all (my choice).

WOULD THAT BE A THONG OR JUST GRANNYS- ROFLMDAO
     MIJO

You would be the one wanting to know that, now wouldn't you!!     LOL

Duane

I HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, I JUST DON'T HAVE THE ABILITY!!
  IP Logged
TIM_BEWLEY
LMR God

road zombie

Reply #74 - 10/24/09 at 2:18pm

Missle Motorsports wrote on 10/24/09 at 11:44am:
So if you build a  SS under the New SMS 2010 rules, is that car now locked into racing @ SMS only, or would that car be Legal to race at other Calif. Tracks, under their current E/W Style Rules still?

these are sms rules only at this point.

PAN OFF GETTING A 1" INSPECTION PLUG!
  IP Logged
Meneley1
Ex Member

Reply #75 - 10/24/09 at 2:30pm

So once again, I assume heads & intakes are now allowed to be ported? Shaft rockers are legal? Any size carb? Weekly division? Completely open except for steel heads, block & solid cams? Are these rules official or will there be more changes before the 1st race next season?

IP Logged
hschamp90
LMR Senior

Reply #76 - 10/24/09 at 5:37pm

It should definitely be clarified that it's no porting of heads & intake.  If not all that does is increase costs for the racer.  For an EvsW car they have too buy at least (6) tires, buy a new gear, intake and a 4bbl.  $1500 dollars!!!!

IP Logged
DaveBauerSC6
LMR God

GATOR  Eng    
661-833-6127  

Bakersfield, CA
Reply #77 - 10/25/09 at 11:11am

I want to thank CK for getting the rules out early.
It would be normal for the rules to be posted well after the promoters workshop and all the racers caping on the short notice.
Like the rules or not, all posts should start with a thank you.

http://www.bear-mountain-auto-repair.com/perf-heads / DeAngelo's paint Central Valley Tank of Fresno
WWW   IP Logged
Sparky56
LMR God

Z-Boyz Racing

Reply #78 - 10/25/09 at 11:54am

Thank you CK. Any motor over 365" on a 4bbl. should be 3150#. That's fair for the 2bbl. guys...........

ON THE WOOD IS GOOD Cool
  IP Logged
Meneley1
Ex Member

Reply #79 - 10/25/09 at 12:01pm

These are the rules, everything goes. Like Bauer said at least the rules are out early with plenty of time to build for next year. At least we got that.

IP Logged
Schweitzer_82
LMR Member

RWD's Do it Better!

Ca
Reply #80 - 10/25/09 at 8:12pm

Tires are Cheaper = that's a plus and everyone freaked when American Racers were being trashed like 4 years ago for Hoosiers in the IMCA's but they got over it.

The engines are cheaper to build.  You can find any good modified motor on here or anywhere..

The Tranny is going to be cheaper as well ..  As an investment at first its going to cost yes but in the run its going to be cheaper.  Modified guys will be able to cross use rims and tires as well as motors and trannys if something happened.

A lot of people get all worked up when they hear 4bbl and think they can't keep up...   IMCA Tire is smaller and breaks traction a lot easier than the Dirt Bozz.  More power to those tires just means your going to spin the tires and get passed.  Street Stocks win big open shows that allow 4bbls with 2bbls cause if the track is dry slick that 4bbl is going to make you go backwards.

Don't get worked up CK is doing something about it to attempt to save a division that has been a 12 - 18 car division for 5 or 6 + years now.  I'm sure Scott is going to follow with the same rules.

Josh Schweitzer
zenith223@yahoo.com
WWW   IP Logged
OLD SCHOOL#6
LMR God

CHEVY RUMBLE !! 

Reply #81 - 10/28/09 at 8:12am

Schweitzer_82 wrote on 10/25/09 at 8:12pm:
A lot of people get all worked up when they hear 4bbl and think they can't keep up...   IMCA Tire is smaller and breaks traction a lot easier than the Dirt Bozz.  More power to those tires just means your going to spin the tires and get passed.  Street Stocks win big open shows that allow 4bbls with 2bbls cause if the track is dry slick that 4bbl is going to make you go backwards.

Then why allow them ??  If a 2bbl on big c.i. is good enough, then why confuse the issue with a 4bbl......???

"SMOKE ' UM" -- the unlawfull act of depositing large amounts of rubber on a hard surface such as asphalt or concrete.
AIM   IP Logged
hogracer3d
LMR God

We bust our a$$ to
kick yours-!!!

Reply #82 - 10/28/09 at 8:57am

I'd like to know who moved this thread over here, and why?

IP Logged
rickshawII
LMR God

The RickshawII

china lake ca
Reply #83 - 10/28/09 at 9:50am

its just like the ss class Dave, swept aside.

CAUSE IT'S FUN!!!!
  IP Logged
SNR
LMR Admin

Reply #84 - 10/28/09 at 12:35pm

Sorry guys. I assumed the thread had slowed down enough to keep it off the first page of Saturday Night Racer, so I moved it to the SMS section so it would be easier to find for additional discussion.

I moved all of the rules discussions here for the same reason. I just though it would be easier to find all of these threads instead of having to dig back to past pages on SNR.

Not trying to minimize the discussion.

Is that cool?

WWW   IP Logged
Chris Kearns
LMR God

Reply #85 - 10/28/09 at 7:27pm

OLD SCHOOL#6 wrote on 10/28/09 at 8:12am:
Schweitzer_82 wrote on 10/25/09 at 8:12pm:

Then why allow them ??  If a 2bbl on big c.i. is good enough, then why confuse the issue with a 4bbl......???

1) So they over power the tires

2) I was told 4 bbl is harder on the motor. Hopefully this will keep guys from buying high dollar, lightweight bottom ends

WWW   IP Logged
fromthegrandstands
LMR God

A REAL Pain in the
A$$

Santa Maria, CA
Reply #86 - 10/28/09 at 8:38pm

Quote:
Sorry guys. I assumed the thread had slowed down enough to keep it off the first page of Saturday Night Racer, so I moved it to the SMS section so it would be easier to find for additional discussion.

I moved all of the rules discussions here for the same reason. I just though it would be easier to find all of these threads instead of having to dig back to past pages on SNR.

Not trying to minimize the discussion.

Is that cool?

LOL I never look at the TRACK THREADS - I wondered what happened to the RULES Discussions...  

Only STUMBLED on it here!!

WWW   IP Logged
OLD SCHOOL#6
LMR God

CHEVY RUMBLE !! 

Reply #87 - 10/28/09 at 9:02pm

Chris Kearns wrote on 10/28/09 at 7:27pm:
1) So they over power the tires

2) I was told 4 bbl is harder on the motor. Hopefully this will keep guys from buying high dollar, lightweight bottom ends

1)  You have opened up the c.i. rule.  Cars with big engines and 2bbl carbs will not have a problem over powering the harder tire compound. I have seen the engines of the past (365 c.i.) with 2bbl carbs over power tracks that just slick off a little (with the medium compound tire). That is why I say why a 4bbl ??

2)  You are very correct, a 4bbl is harder on a motor, which means a guy "must" buy higher dollar bottom end parts, whether they buy "light" stuff or not just kinda depends on personal preference.

Please don't take this as a personal attack on you.  I think you made a reasonable decision changing the tire, and doing so there was no reason to change the engine rule because it will take a lot "less" motor to use them.  This is one of those deals where you and I just have two different points of view, I just hope everything works out for the best....................jmo

"SMOKE ' UM" -- the unlawfull act of depositing large amounts of rubber on a hard surface such as asphalt or concrete.
AIM   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.