Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register 10/22/24 at 1:44am

SATURDAY NIGHT RACER
Saturday Night RacerTracksSANTA MARIA RACEWAY › 2010 WEST COAST STREET STOCK RULES

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
2010 WEST COAST STREET STOCK RULES (Read 62400 times)
Frazier15
LMR God

I wanna go fast

CA
Re: 2010 WEST COAST STREET STOCK RULES
Reply #44 - 10/23/09 at 11:56am

32MORGAN wrote on 10/23/09 at 11:44am:
Frazier15 wrote on 10/23/09 at 11:29am:
SMS Videos-- you beat me to it.

I have been asked about moving up to this class. Look at the new rule threads.

On LMR right now...

You have a 1 page hobbystock rule thread- that in my opinion is low key and respectful.

You have a 3 page (about to go 4) Street Stock rule thread- that is full of whining and BS. Less cars- more trouble.

Most of the people complaining aren't even regulars at SM. Then you top it off with name calling, and low blow accusations at the promoter.

You guys are killing your own class. If I were Chris, I'd kill the whole deal. You can't help those who don't want to be helped.

Someone remind me please-- Why would I want to run your class?? So some bozo can piss the promoters off, and I can have a nice shiny car in my garage that I can't use? No thanks. You guys go ahead and chew your arms off and we'll all watch.

Me? I'll be in a super hobby until you guys settle down, or go extinct.

Good luck with all of that.....

frazier, i don't think your positive reinforcement on lmr helps the class either.

My bad--  

Not my intention.

But, I stand by what I said.

I'll stay out of it. Good luck

Mazak..Carquest...Sully And Son hydraulics...AMC Machine...Gils transmission...Industrial Automotive Machine...Cal Coast Recovery...Industrial Radiator...OEC Inc... [img]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i207/FRZR15/Specialty20
  IP Logged
csmith3d
Ex Member

Reply #45 - 10/23/09 at 1:27pm

SMS VIDEOS wrote on 10/23/09 at 11:11am:
Man some of you guys blow me away. Chris Busts his ass day in and out to make a place to race. And all you guys do is find sh!t to pregnant dog about. If you spent half the time working on your cars that you spend bitching on here they would probably be winners. Give the guy a break. In the 2O years I have been to the track this one of the best run seasons I have seen. Keep up the good work Chris!
I just had to voice my oppinion.

1.We did work on our car.
2. we do win.
3. The rules are being changed to make our 5 race old 2bbl engine obselete
4. the payout will be changed so that we can't break even if we WIN the race.
5.I guess this sounds like whining to you but it is the facts as we see them.

IP Logged
SMS VIDEOS
LMR Member

LETS GO RACING!

SANTA MARIA
Reply #46 - 10/23/09 at 1:54pm

I can understand your frustration. Chris seems to be a pretty fair guy and I dont have to agree with how different people expresses their concerns.  Sounds to me like their should be a sit down meeting with drivers of this class and potential drivers with Chris to find the best possible  solution to benefit the drivers and the track. I am sorry I made the comment. It just surprises me how people cap on officials and promoters and then they wonder why they seem like the target of penalties on the track. Its always fresh on their mind. When I raced I kept as quiet as possible you can get away with alot more.lol

By all means keep up the good driving and good luck,

IP Logged
formercrewguy
LMR God

The shrub brothers
are punks

Arizona
Reply #47 - 10/23/09 at 2:06pm

Getting criticized......praised.......and micro-managed by the racing community, is part of the job. CK knows this. All promoters know this.  Some won't even give you the time of day(Swindel), others will listen, THEN tell you to step off. Others will chuckle. Some will let the racers dictate........(never good). Some listen, weigh the merits, and make good business decisions.

"99% of Muslims aren't terrorists, but 99% of terrorists are Muslim"
  IP Logged
flagdude
LMR Member

SMS 2015 was
AWESOME! 2016 better
yet!

Solvang, CA
Reply #48 - 10/23/09 at 2:51pm

JEEZ! Are you guys serious???? I tried to be quiet, but holy crap! IF YOU DON't WANT TO RACE IN THE SS CLASS, DON'T!!!! If you do want to race, do it! NOBODY IS HOLDING A GUN TO YOUR HEAD! Just to give you all some insight, me and my neighbor have been going to these races (events) in Nevada. They are called Open Road Races. They basically shut down a highway for 50 to 90 miles and let you run your car in different classes and speeds for the event. We have over $65,000.00 in the car (not counting the truck and trailer, hotel rooms etc.) and compete in the Unlimited Class. There is no speed linit for our class. If we finish and win, we get a $20 trophy, after a $1250.00 entry fee (each event). We do it because we like the people and the events, NOT FOR THE MONEY! We follow their rules and their tech. My point is, if you don't like the rules or class that you are competing in, you are free to change or find a class that you are more comfortable in. I like the SS class, but would not build a car for it, but that is me. Chris is trying to save the class and do what he can, if it does not help or build car count, it will probably go away (MY OPINION). Like they said before, "The way to make a small fortune in racing is to start with a large one".

MSN | YIM   IP Logged
Patch
LMR Member

Dirt is for racing,
Asphalt is for
getting there.

Ca.
Reply #49 - 10/23/09 at 2:57pm

I don't get why you guys are all pissed off. Chris didn't change EvW rules. He starting a SS class at Santa Maria with very similar rules to what the EvW has, just a different tire. His new class also has less restrictive motor rules. Big Deal! You can still run your existing motor stuff if you want.
You guys act like its Chris's fault that the promoters (not just Chris) may not schedual many or any EvW races. It's not. I'm sure you guys all knew this was coming. Heck Chris told the minis before last season started that "As long as you guys have a full field each week I will leave your rules alone. If not Ill have to make changes" Well the mini rules are out now too and guess what They havn't changed much. just got a little clearer.

Pat Fausel
Mini 19
  IP Logged
OLD SCHOOL#6
LMR God

CHEVY RUMBLE !! 

Reply #50 - 10/23/09 at 3:04pm

Patch --- where ya' been ole' buddy ????  There is no more E/W..............

"SMOKE ' UM" -- the unlawfull act of depositing large amounts of rubber on a hard surface such as asphalt or concrete.
AIM   IP Logged
Jason_V
LMR God

Reply #51 - 10/23/09 at 3:13pm

OLD SCHOOL#6 wrote on 10/23/09 at 3:04pm:

Why is there no more E vs W?

IP Logged
hogracer3d
LMR God

We bust our a$$ to
kick yours-!!!

Reply #52 - 10/23/09 at 3:16pm

Flag--

OK, so if we show up for work tomorrow and the Boss says, I'm going to cut your pay in half and your going to have to wear pink underwear on the outside of your pants.

And your reply is, but I just bought black underwear 5 weeks ago because you said we had to have them, and I spent my extra funds on those.

Then the boss says, thats why I'm going to have to cut your pay in half to make up for it, and that was 5 weeks ago, and things have to change.

I suppose we are to say-- Oh OK, that makes sense to me, Thanks alot, and see you tomorrow??

DSClaimer: I have no DNA evidence that my post is absolutely 100% true and accurate, and frankly don't care !
  IP Logged
Patch
LMR Member

Dirt is for racing,
Asphalt is for
getting there.

Ca.
Reply #53 - 10/23/09 at 3:18pm

OLD SCHOOL#6 wrote on 10/23/09 at 3:04pm:

I know, There really hasn't been for the last couple years with only a handfull of guys willing to travel.
I'm just saying it's not Chris's fault. He could of just as easily said Bummer for you guys I've got enough classes here at SMS. But you're welcome to build a car to run in one of them.

Pat Fausel
Mini 19
  IP Logged
FASTMIKE
LMR God

CALL US FIRST FIX IT
FAST

Reply #54 - 10/23/09 at 3:41pm

flagdude wrote on 10/23/09 at 2:51pm:
JEEZ! Are you guys serious???? I tried to be quiet, but holy crap! IF YOU DON't WANT TO RACE IN THE SS CLASS, DON'T!!!! If you do want to race, do it! NOBODY IS HOLDING A GUN TO YOUR HEAD! Just to give you all some insight, me and my neighbor have been going to these races (events) in Nevada. They are called Open Road Races. They basically shut down a highway for 50 to 90 miles and let you run your car in different classes and speeds for the event. We have over $65,000.00 in the car (not counting the truck and trailer, hotel rooms etc.) and compete in the Unlimited Class. There is no speed linit for our class. If we finish and win, we get a $20 trophy, after a $1250.00 entry fee (each event). We do it because we like the people and the events, NOT FOR THE MONEY! We follow their rules and their tech. My point is, if you don't like the rules or class that you are competing in, you are free to change or find a class that you are more comfortable in. I like the SS class, but would not build a car for it, but that is me. Chris is trying to save the class and do what he can, if it does not help or build car count, it will probably go away (MY OPINION). Like they said before, "The way to make a small fortune in racing is to start with a large one".

Steve Foust from Bako won his class last year.....like a 162mph avg.!

IP Logged
chevcamarolvr
LMR God

"FLASH"

Reply #55 - 10/23/09 at 3:54pm

What some of you are calling complaining can be better described as concern for a division they care about.  Some of you don't understand (since you have not been involved in it) the reaction to what is happening.  No one could foresee what happen the last few months.  After last season the drivers worked hard, submitted rule ideas, made up a ballot and voted to rework the rulebook for another 3 years. They have been use to being the ones who control their destiny, until now.  So if they are concerned, they have a right to be.  As do those who are in the process of finishing their cars as quick as they can.

Maybe you should put yourselves in there shoes for a minute. Lets play a little game ------------  How about either one of these scenerios:
Attn: all Factory Stock drivers, next season you will no longer be able to run an American made car, they must be imports.  
or
Attn: all Modified Drivers, next season you can only run leaf spring suspensions and you must weight 2900 lbs.

What is the first thing that comes to your mind????

The drivers in the S/S division have every right to voice their opinions, I'm not saying they should get everything they want but they should at least be heard.  And hopefully a happy medium is acheived so that both sides can meet in the middle and this great class can continue to grow.

Just like you, (if your a race car driver/owner) they have a lot invested in this racing thing called a hobby!!!  So before you want to write another quit whining and crying post, stop and look at it from the other side.  

FAITH is the substance for all things hoped for ........
AIM   IP Logged
mijo4
LMR Senior

THE MIJO SPECIAL-
GETS EM EVERY TIME

SANTA MARIA
Reply #56 - 10/23/09 at 5:53pm

hogracer3d wrote on 10/23/09 at 3:16pm:
Flag--

OK, so if we show up for work tomorrow and the Boss says, I'm going to cut your pay in half and your going to have to wear pink underwear on the outside of your pants.

And your reply is, but I just bought black underwear 5 weeks ago because you said we had to have them, and I spent my extra funds on those.

Then the boss says, thats why I'm going to have to cut your pay in half to make up for it, and that was 5 weeks ago, and things have to change.

I suppose we are to say-- Oh OK, that makes sense to me, Thanks alot, and see you tomorrow??

IS CK YOUR BOSS?- ONE IS A JOB AND THE OTHER IS FOR RECREATION- BIG DIFFERERENCE. NOT A GOOD ANALOGY IMO
      MIJO

FOUNDING MEMBER OF CAMP WTF
  IP Logged
hogracer3d
LMR God

We bust our a$$ to
kick yours-!!!

Reply #57 - 10/23/09 at 6:00pm

IMO, everything is business in one way or another.

a marriage, a job, a kid, life

I expect as much out of it, as i put in

Just some you elect to do, and some you are obligated to do

DSClaimer: I have no DNA evidence that my post is absolutely 100% true and accurate, and frankly don't care !
  IP Logged
Late_Model_Mark
LMR God

Red Clay Report

Reply #58 - 10/23/09 at 6:41pm

Super Streets are alive and well here in the South. At Whynot Motorsports Park opening night of the Fall Classic, among the 180 cars in the pits is a super strong turnout of 46 Super Streets. All of these cars for a $1000-to-win show! While the West continually grumbles about rules and track conditions, the boys down here are happy and just race, what a concept. Mississippi is the second poorest state in the USA.

Late Model Mark

IP Logged
hogracer3d
LMR God

We bust our a$$ to
kick yours-!!!

Reply #59 - 10/23/09 at 7:12pm

Enid, OK is $10000 to win, and had about 80 cars.
Pevely, MO's  Fall Nationals had over 70 cars, and paid our good friend Kent Nations driving his #50 Motsinger Chassis (sister car to ours)  $5700

so what's the point?

IP Logged
Chad11
LMR God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #60 - 10/23/09 at 7:16pm

chevcamarolvr wrote on 10/23/09 at 3:54pm:
What some of you are calling complaining can be better described as concern for a division they care about.  Some of you don't understand (since you have not been involved in it) the reaction to what is happening.  No one could foresee what happen the last few months.  After last season the drivers worked hard, submitted rule ideas, made up a ballot and voted to rework the rulebook for another 3 years. They have been use to being the ones who control their destiny, until now.  So if they are concerned, they have a right to be.  As do those who are in the process of finishing their cars as quick as they can.

Maybe you should put yourselves in there shoes for a minute. Lets play a little game ------------  How about either one of these scenerios:
Attn: all Factory Stock drivers, next season you will no longer be able to run an American made car, they must be imports.  
or
Attn: all Modified Drivers, next season you can only run leaf spring suspensions and you must weight 2900 lbs.

What is the first thing that comes to your mind????

The drivers in the S/S division have every right to voice their opinions, I'm not saying they should get everything they want but they should at least be heard.  And hopefully a happy medium is acheived so that both sides can meet in the middle and this great class can continue to grow.

Just like you, (if your a race car driver/owner) they have a lot invested in this racing thing called a hobby!!!  So before you want to write another quit whining and crying post, stop and look at it from the other side.  

Neither of these situations compare to the situation the super street guys are in. They can ALL still run their cars as is except for tires. The first problem is that the drivers made the rules, so the rules only suited the drivers that were currently in the division. This caused less and less people to want to get involved. Now maybe with a promoter taking a stand, and somewhat dictating what he wants his super street class to be, the division could grow. Again none of these guys should have to change their cars as drastically as you insinuate in order to compete.

Are there more hobby guys interested in this class more now with these rule changes? How about modified guys, are any of you guys curious about the division, now that you can use the same tires and drive train that is in your mod? My guess is these rule changes have generated more interest in the super street division. It may not turn into better car counts the first night out, but I believe it will in the long run.

IP Logged
32MORGAN
LMR God

2007/2008 SMS
SUPERFACTORYSTOCK
CHAMPION

SANTA MARIA CA.
Reply #61 - 10/23/09 at 8:36pm

CHAD11, I COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT ANYBETTER.

NAPA-RAY'S AUTOPARTS, SULLY &SON HYDRULICS, MERLO'S CULTERY.COM, NEW YORK LIFE(TERRY MERLO), B C PUMP, DEISEL INJECTION SYSTEMS, LOS PADRES GLASS & MIRROR, GIL'S TRANSMISSION, OEC, SOUSA TIRE, PRAXIAR
  IP Logged
chassieguy
LMR Rookie

May every day Be
Race Day

Reply #62 - 10/23/09 at 9:21pm

The rules change makes it easier for a IMCA Stock guy to race this class.  All I need to do is change carb and can be probably a top 5 car with out having to buy 600 dollars in tires.

IP Logged
TIM_BEWLEY
LMR God

road zombie

Reply #63 - 10/23/09 at 9:27pm

SMS VIDEOS wrote on 10/23/09 at 1:54pm:
Sounds to me like their should be a sit down meeting with drivers of this class and potential drivers with Chris to find the best possible  solution to benefit the drivers and the track.

this was done at bakersfield speedway in '06.

PAN OFF GETTING A 1" INSPECTION PLUG!
  IP Logged
TIM_BEWLEY
LMR God

road zombie

Reply #64 - 10/23/09 at 9:30pm

chassieguy wrote on 10/23/09 at 9:21pm:
The rules change makes it easier for a IMCA Stock guy to race this class.  All I need to do is change carb and can be probably a top 5 car with out having to buy 600 dollars in tires.

let's see... 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8......... yea probally could, top 10 for sure LOL

PAN OFF GETTING A 1" INSPECTION PLUG!
  IP Logged
Bap33
LMR God

Smooth is fast

Reply #65 - 10/23/09 at 11:39pm

just go with full IMCA rules for SS.  My opinion.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.