Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register 10/21/24 at 11:01pm

SATURDAY NIGHT RACER
Saturday Night RacerTracksSANTA MARIA RACEWAY › 2010 WEST COAST STREET STOCK RULES

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
2010 WEST COAST STREET STOCK RULES (Read 62315 times)
sj_valley_dave
LMR God

Love the smell of
nitro in the air

Re: 2010 WEST COAST STREET STOCK RULES
Reply #110 - 11/12/09 at 11:59am

Well Tim, it might be 4 or 6 or how many ever....hard costs are hard costs, and like I stated before, they're either getting bent over on what they are getting charged or they are exaggerating for whatever reason...IMO

IP Logged
32MORGAN
LMR God

2007/2008 SMS
SUPERFACTORYSTOCK
CHAMPION

SANTA MARIA CA.
Reply #111 - 11/12/09 at 11:59am

Chad_E._Jeffreys wrote on 11/12/09 at 12:37am:
This is not an opinion, it's a fact,  the 4 barrel carb rule will kill this class. I'll take just a minute to explain. The guys that don't have a real solid rotating assembly will put the 4 barrel on to defend themselves, and POW, we're going yellow for another blown engine in turn 4..... mark my words, I've tried it and it's a big BOOM. Not to just the racers but to the class as a whole as well as many loyal fans. Again, just a proven FACT.     Chad

it only took 7,500 to 21 grand to keep the 2bbl motors togather. lol and that's a fact too.

how do the modified guys keep it togather? that class is dead, right? i just don't get it, the whole drive train is proven in the mods for years. the mods are where all the future ss racers have gone.

NAPA-RAY'S AUTOPARTS, SULLY &SON HYDRULICS, MERLO'S CULTERY.COM, NEW YORK LIFE(TERRY MERLO), B C PUMP, DEISEL INJECTION SYSTEMS, LOS PADRES GLASS & MIRROR, GIL'S TRANSMISSION, OEC, SOUSA TIRE, PRAXIAR
  IP Logged
TIM_BEWLEY
LMR God

road zombie

Reply #112 - 11/12/09 at 6:41pm

32MORGAN wrote on 11/12/09 at 11:59am:
Chad_E._Jeffreys wrote on 11/12/09 at 12:37am:
This is not an opinion, it's a fact,  the 4 barrel carb rule will kill this class. I'll take just a minute to explain. The guys that don't have a real solid rotating assembly will put the 4 barrel on to defend themselves, and POW, we're going yellow for another blown engine in turn 4..... mark my words, I've tried it and it's a big BOOM. Not to just the racers but to the class as a whole as well as many loyal fans. Again, just a proven FACT.     Chad

it only took 7,500 to 21 grand to keep the 2bbl motors togather. lol and that's a fact too.

how do the modified guys keep it togather? that class is dead, right? i just don't get it, the whole drive train is proven in the mods for years. the mods are where all the future ss racers have gone.

i might be wrong but the mods are lighter than the ss and are running on a hard tire which the sms ss are going to. we will have to see.

PAN OFF GETTING A 1" INSPECTION PLUG!
  IP Logged
Chris Kearns
LMR God

Reply #113 - 11/12/09 at 7:45pm

After talking to engine builders, sanctioning bodies and very expierenced racers, here is what I came up with.

1) 4 Barrell isnt really harder on motor, more horsepower from the 4 barrell is. But more horsepower from anything is harder on an engine.

2) Modifieds are lighter, but they have alot more traction. Traction is tough on motors.

3) Harder tires on Street Stocks will take traction away.

4) 4 barrell engines will take traction away.

5) If guys feel that a 4 barrell is harder on there bottom end, then they will buy heavier, CHEAPER, rods and cranks and save money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6) Didnt see a lot of 4 barrel Modifieds have oil pan failure this  year at Santa Maria and I believe there were some very hooked up nights.

Thats the best I could do. As far as 4 barrels killing the class. That is just a rediculous statement. Espesially saying that it is "Fact"

I think Michael Frazier has already pointed out that A LITTLE MORE POSITIVE ATTITUDE SURE COULD HURT THE STREET STOCKS

WWW   IP Logged
OLD SCHOOL#6
LMR God

CHEVY RUMBLE !! 

Reply #114 - 11/13/09 at 8:57am

Hey CK -- You know I appreciate your concern for the SS car count, and am behind you with most of the rule changes you have done to try to generate "new" competitors.  You also know I am not a fan of the 4bbl for this class, so lets talk........

Line one of your post...(first sentance) 4 Barrell isnt really harder on motor, more horsepower from the 4 barrell is.

If I read this correctly, your saying "it's not the 4bbl that is harder on the motor", it's just the power that it builds that is harder on the motor..........hummmmmm ......oooooooook......????

Next sentence ...  But more horsepower from anything is harder on an engine.

OK -- I'm going to agree with you all the way with this statement, and with a 2bbl being probably the best way of limiting horsepower, thus limiting stress on the motor, wouldn't that be the "only way to go"???

All this talk about horsepower should be a mute point anyway with the new tire rule.  Why go for more....????

When it comes to saving money on engines, unless you are willing to go to something like "crates", then you can not control it by changing rules.  The guys with money "are" going to spend it (and brag about it), and the guys that don't have the bucks will do what ever they can and continue to complain that they can't beat the high dollar motors.  This scenario has been around forever, and I don't think it will ever change. (again--unless crates were mandated)

Finally, I wish everyone would stop comparing the SS to the IMCA Mods.  Just because they share a similar motor means nothing.  There is "NO" comparison between the two cars, and I do believe the motors in the SS really know they are carrying around an extra 550 pounds.........so I guess it stands to reason a Mod motor should stay together better, it's called "less weight" = "less stress".....  

Just some of my "Old School" opinions, and I still hope everything does work out for the best..................

"SMOKE ' UM" -- the unlawfull act of depositing large amounts of rubber on a hard surface such as asphalt or concrete.
AIM   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.