Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register 10/22/24 at 12:33am

SATURDAY NIGHT RACER
Saturday Night RacerTracksSANTA MARIA RACEWAY › SANTA MARIA SPEEDWAY 2010 HOBBY STOCK RULES

Pages: 1 2 
SANTA MARIA SPEEDWAY 2010 HOBBY STOCK RULES (Read 25587 times)
Chris Kearns
LMR God

SANTA MARIA SPEEDWAY 2010 HOBBY STOCK RULES
10/22/09 at 9:25am

WWW   IP Logged
Frazier15
LMR God

I wanna go fast

CA
Re: SANTA MARIA SPEEDWAY 2010 HOBBY STOCK RULES
Reply #1 - 10/22/09 at 11:37am

Wow--

October, and we already have rules. Good job Ck-- Smiley

Mazak..Carquest...Sully And Son hydraulics...AMC Machine...Gils transmission...Industrial Automotive Machine...Cal Coast Recovery...Industrial Radiator...OEC Inc... [img]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i207/FRZR15/Specialty20
  IP Logged
benstrans
LMR God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 10/22/09 at 11:49am

Frazier15 wrote on 10/22/09 at 11:37am:
Wow--

October, and we already have rules. Good job Ck-- Smiley

Now THAT'S being on top of things!!

Allowing racers to plan ahead during the off season.

THANKS!!

IP Logged
dario
LMR Senior

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 10/22/09 at 12:10pm

well after all this is the "kearns administration"! commander in chief chris and first lady kari are doing even better than i thought and i had the highest hopes. cant wait till next season. (and this years banquet)!! the last banquet that i was at (besides the one at chris's house) was 1979.

IP Logged
John Hanson Racing #44
LMR Member

JHR #44

arroyo grande
Reply #4 - 10/22/09 at 1:35pm

I love the new Hobby Stock rules, especially the 3200 lb minimum weight rule! I guess I will have to cut down on the double cheeseburgers at McDonalds to keep the weight down!

Http://www.hansonsflooring.com Domino's Pizza,Old Village Grill,Great American Melodrama,Paul's Cleaners,Hanson Floor Covering,San Luis Kitchen,Pat's Floorcoverings,Wet Pets,Wilkins Flooring, Vlassis Family,Eduardo Castellon Flooring,Xtreme Fuel Treatment
  IP Logged
READ#29
LMR Member

There is no racing
like dirt racing

Arroyo Grande
Reply #5 - 10/22/09 at 5:16pm

hey john---------CONGRATS ON THE BUN IN THE OVEN PART#2

YOU CAN TAKE THE DRIVER OUT OF THE
RACE BUT YOU CANT TAKE THE RACE OUT OF
THE DRIVER.
  IP Logged
Kdawg33A
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 10/22/09 at 5:37pm

Just a completely curious question. Why are mud plugs in the bead locks mandatory? Is it to keep the mud on the track?

IP Logged
NAILIT
LMR God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 10/22/09 at 5:39pm

just a guess...  Is it because when mud packs in the wheel it eventually will come flying out and possibly land in the stands?

"ONE MORE LAP YOU WOULD HAVE HAD HIM"

WWW   IP Logged
Hit n run
LMR Member

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Reply #8 - 10/22/09 at 7:05pm

We will try and make a trip or two down.We want to try and hit a few north,central and south tracks next season.Maybe you can host one of the Freedom Series races.

IP Logged
John Hanson Racing #44
LMR Member

JHR #44

arroyo grande
Reply #9 - 10/22/09 at 7:28pm

Thanks Robert! Next season is gonna be alot of fun!READ#29 wrote on 10/22/09 at 5:16pm:
hey john---------CONGRATS ON THE BUN IN THE OVEN PART#2

Http://www.hansonsflooring.com Domino's Pizza,Old Village Grill,Great American Melodrama,Paul's Cleaners,Hanson Floor Covering,San Luis Kitchen,Pat's Floorcoverings,Wet Pets,Wilkins Flooring, Vlassis Family,Eduardo Castellon Flooring,Xtreme Fuel Treatment
  IP Logged
rickybobby33x
LMR God

Iwant to go fast

Reply #10 - 10/23/09 at 7:22am

Wow john, you lil horney son of a gun............... Grin Grin better sell that green thing/race car to feed the little ones................ Smiley CONGRATS, let us know if you need anything...............pete 33

IP Logged
pitter
LMR Rookie

Bako.
Reply #11 - 10/23/09 at 7:42am

CK    Is 24 lb. air pressure on the right side mandatory for bead lock wheels or for all wheels? Thanks for the rules now instead of much latter. There was a cast iron low rise Holley carb bolt pattern
intake made for a few years-has a 4 barrel plenum and 2 barrel runners. Fits up to a 650 Holley-any chance of using it? Holleys are cheaper and easier than Q-jets to race, I think.

IP Logged
Frazier15
LMR God

I wanna go fast

CA
Reply #12 - 10/23/09 at 8:02am

The rule is 25lbs. and it applies to the right side of the car only. (Any rim)

The rules specifically state-- "No Holley 4 barrel"

I'm pretty sure this is what Chris is going to tell you.

Mazak..Carquest...Sully And Son hydraulics...AMC Machine...Gils transmission...Industrial Automotive Machine...Cal Coast Recovery...Industrial Radiator...OEC Inc... [img]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i207/FRZR15/Specialty20
  IP Logged
Chris Kearns
LMR God

Reply #13 - 10/23/09 at 9:44am

pitter wrote on 10/23/09 at 7:42am:
CK    Is 24 lb. air pressure on the right side mandatory for bead lock wheels or for all wheels? Thanks for the rules now instead of much latter. There was a cast iron low rise Holley carb bolt pattern
intake made for a few years-has a 4 barrel plenum and 2 barrel runners. Fits up to a 650 Holley-any chance of using it? Holleys are cheaper and easier than Q-jets to race, I think.

25 pounds on right side.

No Holley 4 barrel

4 barrel intake must be OEM. No hi-rise

WWW   IP Logged
John Hanson Racing #44
LMR Member

JHR #44

arroyo grande
Reply #14 - 10/23/09 at 11:45am

Thanks Pete, Looking forward to your daughter racing next year,also I think your younger daughter should sing the national anthem more often!rickybobby33x wrote on 10/23/09 at 7:22am:
Wow john, you lil horney son of a gun............... Grin Grin better sell that green thing/race car to feed the little ones................ Smiley CONGRATS, let us know if you need anything...............pete 33

IP Logged
brickeyracing
LMR Rookie

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Lompoc
Reply #15 - 10/31/09 at 1:39am

it looks like i am going to have to stick around and win the championship

IP Logged
childressJr.16
LMR God

IS WHAT IT IS

Bakersfield Ca
Reply #16 - 11/01/09 at 7:04pm

HEY ck i have a ?? in your rules it says bead lock okay for right side is that right front and right rear you can run it??? I no here at bakers there only allowed to run beadlock on the right rear only im just curious on my???

Ricky Childress

"OUTLAW"RICKY CHILDRESS!!!
  IP Logged
Chris Kearns
LMR God

Reply #17 - 11/02/09 at 9:38am

Right side. Front or rear.

WWW   IP Logged
Frazier15
LMR God

I wanna go fast

CA
Reply #18 - 11/02/09 at 10:00am

At this point, it seems like the rule should read "Beadlocks ok"-- Most would only run it on the right side anyway. JMO

IP Logged
Frazier15
LMR God

I wanna go fast

CA
Reply #19 - 11/02/09 at 1:02pm

The only thing I like about allowing it anywhere is the fact that if I have a tire mounted to a beadlock, and thats that tire is my best looking option for where I need it- it would be nice to not be limited to where that tire can go. For example, I lose a left front in the heat, and I'm low on spares, I could stuff it up there for the main. -- or rf if thats all the rules allow.
Tire pressures shouldn't be as big of a deal @ 3200 lbs.

JMO

IP Logged
Patch
LMR Member

Dirt is for racing,
Asphalt is for
getting there.

Ca.
Reply #20 - 11/02/09 at 2:59pm

The way I read it guys is Beadlock or not you still have to run 25psi. on the right side. So presure shouldn't be a factor in weather someone runs beadlocks or not.

Pat Fausel
Mini 19
  IP Logged
TIM_BEWLEY
LMR God

road zombie

Reply #21 - 11/09/09 at 8:38pm

BODIES:
1. Must be mfg. stock for year model used. Fenders, doors and rear quarter panels may be interchanged with similar models as long as end result is Stock appearing. Any fabricated body part must be min.22-gauge steel or ALUMINUM

this will be interesting to see what this produces. people complain about how the SS look. hope it doesn't happen to the hobby class. why the alum.? can't be because it's colored already. colored alum. is like 40ga not 22.

PAN OFF GETTING A 1" INSPECTION PLUG!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.