SMS Rumble Results (Read 17116 times)
smartguy
LMR God

Popularity breeds
contempt

North Bay
Re: SMS Rumble Results
Reply #22 - 10/05/09 at 9:09pm

ya i remember seeing the black flag pointed in his direction on 28, just had no clue at the time what it was for, now i know

Go Fast or Go Home!!!!!!
  IP Logged
Chris Kearns
LMR God

Reply #23 - 10/05/09 at 10:39pm

fromthegrandstands wrote on 10/05/09 at 5:31pm:
Yeah he was announced as the Promoters Choice (Which sucked - the 74 car was trying SO hard to race his way in...and just missed - this guy was PARKED in the infield in His "B" Main!!  

I think that was the ONLY thing I didn't like about Saturdays event.

When Ritchie sponsored this race, he wanted to start 24 cars. I told him it was to much. We agreed to have a promoters option and start 23. The 12 car being with MMI HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. So please dont go there. I believe the promoters option should go to someone that is most likely going to make the show but has very bad luck. That is my take and since it is called "Promoters Option" I chose the 12 car. Reason: He was being banged on on then given a flat tire because he had to go 3 wide. No problem except the car on the inside of that 3 wide WAS 5 LAPS DOWN (#74). Why would a guy 5 laps down be racing with guys on the lead lap? That was bad luck. I was asked after the first A-Main if that was going to be the promoters option. My response was that I couldnt make that decision until after the second A-Main.

Sorry I had to call Tom out on this, but you guys were asking. I talked to Tom about it and told him to put himself in the other racers shoes. How mad would he be if a guy 5 laps down was racing him that hard. By the way, his Black flag on lap 28 was because no matter what happened from that point, he could not transfer from 5 laps down.

Joe, I only quoted your post because you said the 74 was trying so hard. Well a little to hard 5 laps down.

WWW   IP Logged
AStewart37
LMR Mod

CA
Reply #24 - 10/06/09 at 8:33am

Sorry to disagree, CK, but I still think having the 12 car as a promoters pick was a bad choice. The 12 car was sent off the track for causing two yellow flags during the course of the race, He put the 74 car in the fence very early in the race that sent him to the pits-- which is why I think Renner was pushing so hard later in the race-- to reach the 12 car and do a little pay back. I was disappointed it went to a car who was black flagged off the track and not someone who finished on the lead lap in the second B Main (00 DeLarosa)

Matt W-- Three cars were lapped right before that yellow, yourself, the 46 car of Childress, and the 12 car of Sutton. They were both in the back, when you opted yourself to the back, you willing gave up two positions on the track, which at the time had put you outside the top-11. If you had opted to stay up front you'd have had half a lap on your competition and had no worries. Anyways-- you passed those two guys and then we lost a few cars like the 45 so you finished first car one lap down. The other two finishers behind you (12 and 46) were also one lap down.
EDIT: Or were you asking how you got lapped while running in XX position? Correct me if i'm wrong, but didnt you get sideways at one point over in T1 and T2 and lose a lot of spots?

WWW   IP Logged
Chris Kearns
LMR God

Reply #25 - 10/06/09 at 11:25am

AStewart37 wrote on 10/06/09 at 8:33am:
Sorry to disagree, CK, but I still think having the 12 car as a promoters pick was a bad choice. The 12 car was sent off the track for causing two yellow flags during the course of the race, He put the 74 car in the fence very early in the race that sent him to the pits-- which is why I think Renner was pushing so hard later in the race-- to reach the 12 car and do a little pay back. I was disappointed it went to a car who was black flagged off the track and not someone who finished on the lead lap in the second B Main (00 DeLarosa)

Matt W-- Three cars were lapped right before that yellow, yourself, the 46 car of Childress, and the 12 car of Sutton. They were both in the back, when you opted yourself to the back, you willing gave up two positions on the track, which at the time had put you outside the top-11. If you had opted to stay up front you'd have had half a lap on your competition and had no worries. Anyways-- you passed those two guys and then we lost a few cars like the 45 so you finished first car one lap down. The other two finishers behind you (12 and 46) were also one lap down.
EDIT: Or were you asking how you got lapped while running in XX position? Correct me if i'm wrong, but didnt you get sideways at one point over in T1 and T2 and lose a lot of spots?

Aaron, you need to watch the video of the beginning of the race.

WWW   IP Logged
Watchin15B
LMR God

If you aint first
your last!! Shake N
Bake!!

Reply #26 - 10/06/09 at 11:41am

I don't even think the officials and scorers really knew the correct finishing order, it was all such a mess!! Also the 56 got clearly taken out by the 44 car of Childress and Childress keeps his spot!! Oh well it's over and now they all meet up again in Bako, should be fun!!

DWR DWR DWR DWR
  IP Logged
Chris Kearns
LMR God

Reply #27 - 10/06/09 at 11:52am

? There was no "mess" Never had a scoring issue? Everyone thinks they are a scorekeeper fromt the pits or stands, but with a split yellow system, unless you know exactly when the yellow came out, there is no way of being able to to be an armchair scorer. There are 3 ladies in the booth and the flagman, all with radio communication, yet others think they can do a better job. I dont get it.

WWW   IP Logged
formercrewguy
LMR God

The shrub brothers
are punks

Arizona
Reply #28 - 10/06/09 at 12:05pm

Electronic scoring might be a good choice next year?

"99% of Muslims aren't terrorists, but 99% of terrorists are Muslim"
  IP Logged
smartguy
LMR God

Popularity breeds
contempt

North Bay
Reply #29 - 10/06/09 at 12:17pm

can you say transponders? lol....soon enough manual scoring will be a thing of the past

Go Fast or Go Home!!!!!!
  IP Logged
Jason_V
LMR God

Reply #30 - 10/06/09 at 12:37pm

No matter what you will always need scorekeepers. Always.

IP Logged
dario
LMR Senior

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #31 - 10/06/09 at 1:08pm

AStewart37 wrote on 10/06/09 at 8:33am:

you need to watch the video......the 12 car got put into the back straightaway wall from contact with the 53 car on the first lap causing no yellow. then the 12 car got turned on  the front stretch by the 62 car causing his first yellow. thank god the kart track is there or that would have been ugly. then the 12 car cut his right front down from contact with the 45 car. that was the 2nd yellow for him. as for the 74 car going into the pits that was caused by contact in turns 3@4 with the 25 car at exactly the same time the 12 car was spinning on the front straight, the 74 car and the 12 car were nowhere near each other. remember the camera doesnt forget.

IP Logged
Chris Kearns
LMR God

Reply #32 - 10/06/09 at 2:42pm

Thank you Dario

WWW   IP Logged
dario
LMR Senior

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #33 - 10/06/09 at 2:50pm

anytime chris, are you going to me,n,eds tommorow?

IP Logged
childressJr.16
LMR God

IS WHAT IT IS

Bakersfield Ca
Reply #34 - 10/06/09 at 2:54pm

After that 74 car went laps down he was in the mid pack racing with the front runnig cars really hard every lap acting like he was in lead lap position and when he was battling with the 45 car dump12 made a 3 wide move out of turn 2 and 74 and 45 kind close the gap on the 12 and he just ended up with a flat tire on the deal it was a gutsy racing move but the 74 car should have never been battling like he was just me own opinion!!!!!!!!!!!

"Ricky Childress"

"OUTLAW"RICKY CHILDRESS!!!
  IP Logged
AStewart37
LMR Mod

CA
Reply #35 - 10/06/09 at 4:54pm

Where can I see the video? As I recalled it, it was on a restart, Dump dove to the inside nearly jumping the start, inside the 25, pushed the 25 up in to the 74, 74 in to the wall.

WWW   IP Logged
dario
LMR Senior

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #36 - 10/06/09 at 5:53pm

ok aaron i saw the restart... strangly at the yellow before the restart(caused by a spinning danny sutton) dump is on the track and back up to 8th and renner isnt. then on the restart renner is in FRONT of dump but 5 laps down. they raced side by side for a few laps(never saw any contact then but my camera was not always on them) until the 45, 74, and 12 got a little close on the backstretch and 12 cut the tire down. this might have been what you saw. there is a good chance i will be at the bud nats this weekend(trying to get david addamo's mod ready). if you are going to be there i will bring a copy for you(vhs only) or if anyone has a tv there at the party i will have my camera and the original to see.

IP Logged
AStewart37
LMR Mod

CA
Reply #37 - 10/06/09 at 8:26pm

Don't worry about a video dario-- its just aftertalk, maybe i am wrong-- i was talking about it with someone but with how many eyes are out there, its possible for people to see different things

WWW   IP Logged
dario
LMR Senior

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #38 - 10/06/09 at 9:21pm

ok its cool it really wasnt a big issue to begin with.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.