LMR God

Where's the next
race?

SMS 8-22-09
08/22/09 at 8:32pm

heat 1
5k.11x.10n.77.57.27x.22

heat 2
4.27.111.75.46.32b.8L.h3.8.5x.91p.96.66.12k(dnf)

dash 4.5k.8.5x (dnf) very good race

results courtesy of Sara

IP Logged
fan_of_4p
LMR God

Where's the next
race?

Re: SMS 8-22-09
Reply #1 - 08/22/09 at 9:32pm

she thinks it is
5k,27,12k,11x,10n

IP Logged
NAILIT
LMR God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 08/22/09 at 11:51pm

Stewart set fast time and won the dash!   With a small motor? (correction:  Lowery FT)

Track was hooked up! Probably fastest I've seen this year.  Drake on the pole, Lowery took lead from outside poll.  caution flies .  Lowery takes lead again on complete restart.
Has controlling lead into lap traffic.  Drake running his usual high line but gaining nothing on # 8.
 Into lap traffic... when it gets crowded going down the backstretch and into 3.
Off 4 everyone trying to split the 66 car for the second time  the 66 who is off the pace, gets out of shape in front of the leaders.  Lowery gets collected and Drake gets through up high  with front end damage that would later cause him to give up the lead and enter the pits for repair.  Kirby takes control and not challenge to the end....

Video through the first pileup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKqiCqgTk4A

"ONE MORE LAP YOU WOULD HAVE HAD HIM"

WWW   IP Logged
Jason_V
LMR God

Reply #3 - 08/23/09 at 12:33am

Great video. Too bad the wreck happened. That 8 car was flying and the 4 car was fast too.

IP Logged
Matt_8
LMR God

My Dads
Mr.Excitement! whos
yours?

CA
Reply #4 - 08/23/09 at 12:48am

NAILIT wrote on 08/22/09 at 11:51pm:
Stewart set fast time and won the dash!   With a small motor?

Track was hooked up! Probably fastest I've seen this year.  Drake on the pole, Lowery took lead from outside poll.  caution flies .  Lowery takes lead again on complete restart.
Has controling lead into lap traffic.  Drake running his usual high line but gaining nothing on # 8.
 Into lap traffic... when it gets crowded going down the backstretch and into 3.
Off 4 a couple lappers tangle including the 66 who is off the pace.  Lowery gets collected and Drake gets through up high  with front end damage that would later cause him to give up the lead and enter the pits for repair.  Kirby takes control and not challenge to the end....

Video through the first pileup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKqiCqgTk4A

Lowrey fast time with a 14.1..Stewart with 14.2...

WWW   IP Logged
NAILIT
LMR God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 08/23/09 at 6:39am

Sorry,  I thought Jerry had FT

WWW   IP Logged
fromthegrandstands
LMR God

A REAL Pain in the
A$$

Santa Maria, CA
Reply #6 - 08/23/09 at 10:07am

That looked like some real good racing going on..right up until the wreck.

It looked like every lap the race got tighter and closer...it was hard for me to tell by the video, but were they trying to SPLIT a Slow Car?

WWW   IP Logged
NAILIT
LMR God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 08/23/09 at 10:13am

The 66 had been lapped once or twice.  cars started to stack up behind him off of 2 and into 3. through 3 and off 4 they were cars going high and low to get around him. The car on the outside gets loose coming off 4 and gathers it back up while making contact with the 66.  We have seen this before The 66 is usually off the pace and has been for years now.
As a fan, I'm not happy about it. It's been going on for years.....

WWW   IP Logged
fromthegrandstands
LMR God

A REAL Pain in the
A$$

Santa Maria, CA
Reply #8 - 08/23/09 at 10:54am

So, I was bored and photo clipped the video (Click image for a large view) LOL

Man it's hard to get decent images from a YouTube video  - I still can't tell WHO'S who!!  lol  

WWW   IP Logged
29B Crewman
LMR Rookie

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Reply #9 - 08/23/09 at 11:57am

NAILIT wrote on 08/23/09 at 10:13am:
The 66 had been lapped once or twice.  cars started to stack up behind him off of 2 and into 3. through 3 and off 4 they were cars going high and low to get around him. The car on the outside gets loose coming off 4 and gathers it back up while making contact with the 66.  We have seen this before The 66 is usually off the pace and has been for years now.
As a fan, I'm not happy about it. It's been going on for years.....

The 66 car would still get lapped if he ran against the factory stocks!

IP Logged
Jason_V
LMR God

Reply #10 - 08/23/09 at 1:00pm

It is the 91P on the outside of the 66 and the 46 on the inside. I think that it was the first SLM race for the 91P car and he did a great job. The slower car just caused a huge wreck that took out too many of the fast cars.

IP Logged
NAILIT
LMR God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #11 - 08/23/09 at 1:02pm

My son took the video with cell phone so the clarity is not all that great.

WWW   IP Logged
fromthegrandstands
LMR God

A REAL Pain in the
A$$

Santa Maria, CA
Reply #12 - 08/23/09 at 1:09pm

Quote:
The slower car just caused a huge wreck that took out too many of the fast cars.

If the ORANGE and Dark (Brown/Black) car is the 66, HOW did he cause the wreck?

He wasn't SIDEWAYS
He DIDN'T crash into anyone?

He was HIT from a car on the high side, that knocked him into a car that came off (4) right next to the TIRES (Too Low)

HE GOT SCREWED by faster cars!  

WWW   IP Logged
NAILIT
LMR God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #13 - 08/23/09 at 1:16pm

HE WAS BEING LAPPED FOR THE SECOND TIME IN ABOUT 6 LAPS.  THEY STARTED GETTING STACKED UP BEHIND HIM COMING OFF TWO.   HE CAUSED THE WRECK BECAUSE HE RUNS ABOUT 40 MPH SLOWER THAN THE FIELD.
AGAIN THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR YEARS WITH THE SAME CAR.....

WWW   IP Logged
ST_ODIE
LMR Member

politics its in
Racing too

Reply #14 - 08/23/09 at 1:32pm

From Video posted to me it look like the white car on the out side gets into the 66 car  So WHo caused the wreck?

MAYBE SOME ONE COULD GO HELP HIM (66) OUT

OR would that be too big off someone to help him out  
from my understanding he is a on a budget program

BTW
it doesnt matter he was getting Lap
thats why the Fastest guys need to have more patiance with the slower guys

ODIE
Racing is a 2 ball Sport
IF more guys could AFFORD to race, maybe MORE locals would race
  IP Logged
mijo4
LMR Senior

THE MIJO SPECIAL-
GETS EM EVERY TIME

SANTA MARIA
Reply #15 - 08/23/09 at 2:23pm

[quote author=5C4344524A2B0 link=1250998366/0#2 date=1251010270]Stewart set fast time and won the dash!   With a small motor?
ITS SMALL COMPARED TO MOST MOTORS THAT WE RACE AGAINST, ONLY A 377 MOTOR
             MIJO
P.S. FROM THE VIDEO IT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS NOT THE 66 CARS FAULT - JMO

FOUNDING MEMBER OF CAMP WTF
  IP Logged
mijo4
LMR Senior

THE MIJO SPECIAL-
GETS EM EVERY TIME

SANTA MARIA
Reply #16 - 08/23/09 at 2:28pm

Jason_V wrote on 08/23/09 at 12:33am:
Great video. Too bad the wreck happened. That 8 car was flying and the 4 car was fast too.

WE FOUND OUT THE MOTOR DOES NOT GET GOOD GAS MILEAGE- LOL
GOTTA GIVE PROPS TO CHRIS AND CREW FOR A WICKED FAST TRACK.
 MIJO

FOUNDING MEMBER OF CAMP WTF
  IP Logged
NAILIT
LMR God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #17 - 08/23/09 at 2:33pm

It was his fault because he was so far off the pace that the cars never should have bee stacked up behind him in the first place....

I realize the 91 got out of shape and come down into him but like I said he was being lapped for the second time in about 6-8 laps. you got guys down on the apron trying to go around the 66 and to avoid getting ran over from behind.
  Papich  whiskied the throttle coming off and got loose but he had guys on his a$$ too

JM opinion.....

WWW   IP Logged
steph
LMR God

www.ByStephanieOdom.
com

Denver,  CO
Reply #18 - 08/23/09 at 3:38pm

If the guy is racing on a budget.. then maybe he should step down to a class where he can race against cars with a budget like his own. He is way to slow for that division. The 91 did get into him a little bit trying to get around the 66, but it is mainly the 66's fault for the speed he was going and causing everyone to bunch up behind him. I though Papich did a pretty good job for his first race in a LM.

WWW   IP Logged
Matt_8
LMR God

My Dads
Mr.Excitement! whos
yours?

CA
Reply #19 - 08/23/09 at 3:46pm

Speaking of first timers. Congrats to Wayne Dotson driving the 8L car. Cars a little tore up but he improved so much throughout the night. Hope you had fun.

WWW   IP Logged
ST_ODIE
LMR Member

politics its in
Racing too

Reply #20 - 08/23/09 at 4:01pm

steph wrote on 08/23/09 at 3:38pm:
If the guy is racing on a budget.. then maybe he should step down to a class where he can race against cars with a budget like his own. He is way to slow for that division. The 91 did get into him a little bit trying to get around the 66, but it is mainly the 66's fault for the speed he was going and causing everyone to bunch up behind him. I though Papich did a pretty good job for his first race in a LM.

THE ALMIGHT $$$ SPEAKING AGAIN
THE Dollar is always  a factor again

It dosent matter on budget
GO HELP THE GUY OUT not be pissed at him and not help him.

WOULDN"T HELPING HIM OUT SOME  MAYBE MAKE FOR A BETTE RACE

BTW
Looking a video It doesnt matter, if the other driver were paying attention.  they would/should have know he was slower and running the low line /holding his line

ODIE
Racing is a 2 ball Sport
IF more guys could AFFORD to race, maybe MORE locals would race
  IP Logged
TALON75
LMR God

DO IT INTHE DIRT

Reply #21 - 08/23/09 at 4:15pm

Jason (91p) definatley played a part in the wreck and his car was wicked tight , but the 66 isn't just slow he cannot hold a consistent line even at a slower speed, jason tried to go around him high going into three and the 66 pushed him up he had to lift twice for the guy and was really just trying to clear him . I really hate to see the cars get tore up, especially the front runners, but when you have a rolling road block on that fast of a track it becomes dangerous . it was Jason's first time and mine too, the track got a lot tackier for the main and really made the setup bad, that is why I made him come to the pits on lap 15 to make an adjustment and it was better but by that time the 4 and 11x were at the back and wanted to get by the 8L real bad, they were kinda beating on him and Jason was apart of the next yellow also so I had him black flagged to save the equipment and carnage(live to race another day!). I know the 66 is on a budget but he does spend a fair amount of money, put another driver in that car and it will go a lot faster than it does now, my personal opinion and I have said this for a long time is that he should not be in this class, but far be it from me to tell someone they can't race . I know if I were crewing on that car I would have had him black flagged, you have to be able to realize when it is just not working well and the 66 just seems to be ok with going way too slow . Odie, it has nothing to do with helping the guy, he just don't drive a latemodel the way it should be driven or even close too it, hell you have some free time and race car knowlegde maybe you could help him . ok I'm done, time too switch gears and go mod racing again .

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.