SMS 8-22-09 (Read 29246 times)
fromthegrandstands
LMR God

A REAL Pain in the
A$$

Santa Maria, CA
Re: SMS 8-22-09
Reply #22 - 08/23/09 at 4:24pm

....I think a LOST point is - IF the driver of the #66 has a LEGAL CAR, and is ENJOYING the racing, the way HE is racing - he SHOULD be allowed to race IN that class - and it's up to the other drivers to NOT drive THROUGH or RUN over him.

Even if he IS a back marker WEEK in and WEEK out?  I'm sure he is, and I believe he HAS BEEN for many years... yet HE KEEPS COMING BACK and apparently enjoying himself (I'm sure MORE when he doesn't get TORN UP)

On nights when were are only 7-8 DLMs....I bet the #66 was ONE OF THEM!  

...maybe what the class NEEDS is MORE cars/drivers like the #66, (A full 20 car main of cars like the #66...wouldn't that be a good thing?)  

WWW   IP Logged
steph
LMR God

www.ByStephanieOdom.
com

Denver,  CO
Reply #23 - 08/23/09 at 4:29pm

ST_ODIE wrote on 08/23/09 at 4:01pm:
steph wrote on 08/23/09 at 3:38pm:
If the guy is racing on a budget.. then maybe he should step down to a class where he can race against cars with a budget like his own. He is way to slow for that division. The 91 did get into him a little bit trying to get around the 66, but it is mainly the 66's fault for the speed he was going and causing everyone to bunch up behind him. I though Papich did a pretty good job for his first race in a LM.

THE ALMIGHT $$$ SPEAKING AGAIN
THE Dollar is always  a factor again

$$ is part of racing, you race in a division you can afford.

66 has supported SMS for years indeed, in return, he should know the track well enough to race at a faster pace. He really needs to pick his game up.

WWW   IP Logged
TALON75
LMR God

DO IT INTHE DIRT

Reply #24 - 08/23/09 at 4:33pm

no, 20 DLM's going a fast as a factory stock would not be enjoyable at all!! hell even 40 DLM's going that slow would not be a good thing . I fully understand your point, Riccardi shows up almost every week, pays his entry just like everyone else and he is a racer at heart just like the rest of us, BUT... well if you don't see the problem then I am just waisting my time trying to explain it to you!!

IP Logged
Ian
LMR God

dirt racing
rules!!!!!!

California
Reply #25 - 08/23/09 at 4:47pm

If the guy is racing on a budget.. then maybe he should step down to a class where he can race against cars with a budget like his own. He is way to slow for that division. The 91 did get into him a little bit trying to get around the 66, but it is mainly the 66's fault for the speed he was going and causing everyone to bunch up behind him. I though Papich did a pretty good job for his first race in a LM.

It dosent matter on budget
GO HELP THE GUY OUT not be pissed at him and not help him.

WOULDN"T HELPING HIM OUT SOME  MAYBE MAKE FOR A BETTE RACE

BTW
Looking a video It doesnt matter, if the other driver were paying attention.  they would/should have know he was slower and running the low line /holding his line

there is no helping him!

his motor is simply UNDER POWERED!

We can help him, but he needs to come up with the MONEY to buy a bigger motor to keep up! not to mention I think it's a leaf spring car with a stock clip.

i respect that he loves to race... and I understand if your on a tight budget! but for every other racer's sake (and safety) step down to a class you can afford! PLEASE!

Ian Mcbride
Late Model Crew Guy

I DO GRAPHIC DESIGN, WEB DESIGN, AND VINYL!!! PM me for info!

YIM | AIM   IP Logged
Ian
LMR God

dirt racing
rules!!!!!!

California
Reply #26 - 08/23/09 at 4:50pm

Papich was impressive for a first time DLM racer... hope to see him come back and continue to improve... #66 was going a lap down on lap 3. Kirby almost drilled him then...

then, the leaders were putting the rest of the pack, Laney, Malcolm, Papich, etc a lap down while the 'being lapped' cars were putting the 66 a lap down...

sure, the 66 was hit by papich... but if the 66 was a car 'on pace' even with the slowest guys out there, he wouldn't have been such a hazard.

Ian Mcbride
Late Model Crew Guy

YIM | AIM   IP Logged
steph
LMR God

www.ByStephanieOdom.
com

Denver,  CO
Reply #27 - 08/23/09 at 4:51pm

Ian, maybe you and your dad can do your part in "helping" him by giving him a good motor at a good price ;] Lol!

WWW   IP Logged
Matt_8
LMR God

My Dads
Mr.Excitement! whos
yours?

CA
Reply #28 - 08/23/09 at 4:57pm

Ian wrote on 08/23/09 at 4:47pm:

It dosent matter on budget
GO HELP THE GUY OUT not be pissed at him and not help him.

WOULDN"T HELPING HIM OUT SOME  MAYBE MAKE FOR A BETTE RACE

BTW
Looking a video It doesnt matter, if the other driver were paying attention.  they would/should have know he was slower and running the low line /holding his line

there is no helping him!

his motor is simply UNDER POWERED!

We can help him, but he needs to come up with the MONEY to buy a bigger motor to keep up! not to mention I think it's a leaf spring car with a stock clip.

i respect that he loves to race... and I understand if your on a tight budget! but for every other racer's sake (and safety) step down to a class you can afford! PLEASE!

He just got Nick Bartels old car a couple months ago or maybe longer, they tried to help I believe....

WWW   IP Logged
WESTCOASTDIRT
LMR God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #29 - 08/23/09 at 5:04pm

TALON75 wrote on 08/23/09 at 4:15pm:
Jason (91p) definatley played a part in the wreck and his car was wicked tight , but the 66 isn't just slow he cannot hold a consistent line even at a slower speed, jason tried to go around him high going into three and the 66 pushed him up he had to lift twice for the guy and was really just trying to clear him . I really hate to see the cars get tore up, especially the front runners, but when you have a rolling road block on that fast of a track it becomes dangerous . it was Jason's first time and mine too, the track got a lot tackier for the main and really made the setup bad, that is why I made him come to the pits on lap 15 to make an adjustment and it was better but by that time the 4 and 11x were at the back and wanted to get by the 8L real bad, they were kinda beating on him and Jason was apart of the next yellow also so I had him black flagged to save the equipment and carnage(live to race another day!). I know the 66 is on a budget but he does spend a fair amount of money, put another driver in that car and it will go a lot faster than it does now, my personal opinion and I have said this for a long time is that he should not be in this class, but far be it from me to tell someone they can't race . I know if I were crewing on that car I would have had him black flagged, you have to be able to realize when it is just not working well and the 66 just seems to be ok with going way too slow . Odie, it has nothing to do with helping the guy, he just don't drive a latemodel the way it should be driven or even close too it, hell you have some free time and race car knowlegde maybe you could help him . ok I'm done, time too switch gears and go mod racing again .

Don't know the guy, but in alot of sanctioned races, events or series, if you can't meet a exceptable speed per the aboved mentioned, they will black flag you off the track for the most part. For it's unsafe for the competitors that are on the track, has nothing to do with helping someone out, they will do it to a high dollar team that have car troubles and can't keep the car going at a exceptable racing speed by the group running the show. JMO

IP Logged
Ian
LMR God

dirt racing
rules!!!!!!

California
Reply #30 - 08/23/09 at 5:10pm

steph wrote on 08/23/09 at 4:51pm:
Ian, maybe you and your dad can do your part in "helping" him by giving him a good motor at a good price ;] Lol!

Well, if he's willing to spend the money on a decent motor, we can build one... if anyone is looking for more power for a good price, please PM me and I can send you in the right direction!

Ian Mcbride
Late Model Crew Guy

YIM | AIM   IP Logged
fan_of_4p
LMR God

Where's the next
race?

Reply #31 - 08/23/09 at 9:25pm

who's car did Papich buy?

IP Logged
smartguy
LMR God

Popularity breeds
contempt

North Bay
Reply #32 - 08/23/09 at 9:33pm

one of steve drake's old cars is what i heard?  Huh

Go Fast or Go Home!!!!!!
  IP Logged
TALON75
LMR God

DO IT INTHE DIRT

Reply #33 - 08/23/09 at 10:38pm

The car was owned by Jim Biggs, Steve Drake drove it primarily. Give it a few races , and he will be competitive .

IP Logged
fan_of_4p
LMR God

Where's the next
race?

Reply #34 - 08/23/09 at 11:02pm

that Biggs owned car is bad ass..
it's always nice to see another car out on the track, I think it's the first time this year since he is helping his son in law now.

IP Logged
ministocker56
LMR God

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Reply #35 - 08/23/09 at 11:44pm

that's a good car Jason bought , it's got plenty of power to , it still have the ford motor in it

IP Logged
TALON75
LMR God

DO IT INTHE DIRT

Reply #36 - 08/24/09 at 12:04am

yes greg, minny minny horsepower with the blue oval .

IP Logged
formercrewguy
LMR God

The shrub brothers
are punks

Arizona
Reply #37 - 08/24/09 at 7:55am

hschamp90 wrote on 08/24/09 at 1:23am:
The 66 was a lapper 20 yrs ago when I raced late models!!!  Need I say more!!!!  Trade in for a factory stock, aka super factory!!! Smiley

I'm glad YOU said it..............I get in trouble on here when I say that!!!!!....................lol

"99% of Muslims aren't terrorists, but 99% of terrorists are Muslim"
  IP Logged
Jason_V
LMR God

Reply #38 - 08/24/09 at 9:35am

Matt_8 wrote on 08/23/09 at 3:46pm:
Speaking of first timers. Congrats to Wayne Dotson driving the 8L car.

Wayne Dotson & Jason Papich both did great for their first time in late models. Logan Drake was up to 3rd before some late race trouble. You can tell he is getting better each week. Carla Laney hung with the top 5 after she was lapped. She was running hard right behind Drake before they put all of the lapped cars to the back.

IP Logged
mudslinger47
LMR God

Well crap stuck with
the dickweed for
four more

Reply #39 - 08/25/09 at 7:07am

I think you guys are way off base for bashing 66. Sure he is a lapper and I have lapped him many a time but I will tell you that he always kept his line pretty well. The thing I most confused about is, you are saying he was 40mph of the pace. It was a hooked up track and he was getting lapped on lap 3. Now you have a brand new LM driver, who on a heavy track, mis handling race car, almost spins and gets into a lapped car,66 on his own. The new LM driver cant pass the lapper that is 40mph slower and spins on heavy track and it is 66s fault who is holding his line and running his race? Please get a little realistic. I wasnt there but just becuase the guy is slow you cannot point fingers at him all the time. If 91p was that bad (car handling) he should of pulled off. Rookie mistake. Lord knows I made them. Chet.

I HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, I JUST DON'T HAVE THE ABILITY!!
  IP Logged
Mrs.LM75
LMR Rookie

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

CA
Reply #40 - 08/25/09 at 7:16am

Very good post Chet.    Chris

IP Logged
NAILIT
LMR God

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #41 - 08/25/09 at 8:34am

the 91P had to go high in the marbles to get around the 66.
he throttled it coming off to try and get around the guy and got loose.  Other cars were on the apron to get around him.
If the 66 car was at minimun speed the other guys never would have been stacked up behind him....he's been off the pace for years...

I think jam cars are cool in enduros but not in this class...

JMO,  I'm done with this..... 

Chris Hodapp.....

"ONE MORE LAP YOU WOULD HAVE HAD HIM"

WWW   IP Logged
Jason_V
LMR God

Reply #42 - 08/25/09 at 10:10am

I disagree with you Chet. I don't think that it was the 91s fault at all. Could you imagine being in your first late model race and lapping a guy on lap 6? I remember just a few weeks ago that Mike Kirby had to slam on his brakes coming out of turn 4 to avoid a slow, slow car. When there is that much difference in speed there is going to be problems. But what do I know?

IP Logged
FASTMIKE
LMR God

CALL US FIRST FIX IT
FAST

Reply #43 - 08/25/09 at 10:20am

jason......you know a good lookin woman when you see one.....lol

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.